“Not "the world's best Barbecue" as they advertise”
Review of Woody's Bar-B-Q - CLOSED

Woody's Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We ate at Woody's recently and noticed the big sign that stated they had the world's best barbecue. My husband even commented that they would have to be pretty damn good to live up to that statement, well it was a joke. I've made better barbecues in my backyard for people I don't even like and weren't paying for their meal. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't anything better than average.

The full rack of ribs my husband had was a pretty small portion in relation to any other places he has ordered them. He knows his ribs and said they were on the lower end for taste in the majority of ribs he has tried throughout the city. They come to the table precut and with barely any meat on them.

I had the chicken breasts with cheese and bacon which is advertised as 2 large chicken breasts, it is really just 2 average size chicken breasts butterflied and therefore quite thin once cut. I had no problem with the size other than they shouldn't advertise the meals as being bigger than they are. ( I usually end up taking part of my meal home for lunch the following day ) They tasted fairly good though.

Our sides consisted of Okra in a spicy sauce and fried corn on the cob for my husband and I had the fried corn cobs and mashed potatoes. The okra was great according to my husband, the corn was ok but only slightly warm according to both my husband and myself. My mashed potatoes were room temperature at best.

Our waitress was great, personality wise although my empty drink did go unfilled indefinitely even though a different waiter refilled my husband's prior to my needing a refill. Asking if you can get me anything else once I've already finished my meal doesn't really help. The restaurant only had 5 tables occupied at the busiest time throughout our visit and I saw at least 3 people working the floor so it shouldn't have been hard to see I needed a refill.

We've adopted a very healthy eating plan for several months now and this was a treat for us. It scares me to think that this "treat" didn't even please us very much. Some days just the thought of a stale French fry from Mc Donalds can get our mouths watering so needless to say we left not caring if we ever returned.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I can't believe that Winnipeg finally has a great Bar-B- Q restaurant. I had a pulled pork sandwich one day and fried cat fish another. Great job

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I went hear for lunch last week and when I got there I was seated , we waited for our food for over 25 mins and there was hardly no one inside the restouront only two other guys that's it , now our food gets to us our fries looked so gross it looks like they never change there fring oil and we got so little fries , the prices hear are way to high for what you pay for . I don't mind paying but the food has to be worth it . I would never recomend any one to come to this place .

1  Thank niceguy82
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I am from the south and I can tell you that this is nowhere near BBQ, it is mostly baked with a little smoke. All the meats were dry and tough, potatoes tasted instant, coleslaw dry and flavorless.
I would not eat here again.

1  Thank Stan H
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I ordered a glass of wine as there was only 1 choice. It was ok but a bit watered down so to speak. I mention that to the waiter who was a new employee and he was not aware there was another choice. He brought be that second choice and reimbursed me the first glass of wine. The beef brisket was tasty but very fatty. So they brought us more brisket that was lean and it was great. The half rack of ribs were moist and the meat was tender. One of the side dishes I ordered was okra & tomato in a spicy sauce...excellent! this and a baked potato and a corn muffin was all included in the price. The best customer service I've seen in a long time! and the food was really good in the end. A lot better than Pony Corral.

1  Thank bellasuzie