“Best Roti in Winnipeg”

Famena's Famous Roti/Curry
Ranked #160 of 1,679 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed August 24, 2013

All ingredients including shells, Curry Spice and contents in the Roti are homemade. I've tried several roti in Winnipeg and Famena's is the best!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

A friend and I first walked into Famena's in the dead of winter, noting the contrast between the bunker-like feel of the surrounding parking garage and the bright warmth of the inner sanctum. The 1950s lunch counter decor, the mouth-watering food from Guyana, and the enthusiasm of Famena and Mohammed are fantastic nourishment. Of course, I freely admit that my enthusiasm may have been enhanced by the fact that 2 months after my initial visit, I returned to Famena's to be greeted by Mohammed, who not only recognized me, but also remembered my crazy Scottish name. I love this place.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The place is basically a typical hole in the wall restaurant, but with great food and friendly service. Prices may seem a bit steep until you see the size of the roti you get! Appearances are deceiving - don't worry, go on in and enjoy.

1  Thank Cashorcredit
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Famena and Mohammed are gracious lively hosts from Guyana and their food is simple and simply delicious! Everything is homemade and the roti is real deal. We had the chicken roti and the goat roti and the flavors were very authentic. We have spent time in Suriname and have eaten very good roti and this place does it right. The hot sauce is very flavorful and hot but it is supposed to be! The owners are very happy and fun to talk to. I am going to buy roti to take back to the US with us!

2  Thank Lestakan
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Great food at great prices! Sauce is very hot so use it sparingly! 1 portion is easily enough for 2 people.

1  Thank Rob-Winnipeg