“Scam beware.”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cakes by Tanya
Ranked #47 of 48 Dessert in Winnipeg
Description: I had a horrible experience with this bakery and would like to share my story. I accidentally did with the Stella's review so would like to remove that one.
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Ordered through groupon. She answered phone very unprofessionally, obviously not a real company. Has no customer service skills. She said they deliver between 11-4 on day of order. So I put my order in, te day of my event the cakepops never showed up. Called multiple times, left messages, emails with no reply. I had a party and had to improvise on the desserts. Groupon refunded me but she's still out there ripping ppl off. Don't waste your time and money. Order through a real cake company.

3  Thank krevster

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Back in April I bought a cake group deal and also gifted a cupcake one to my friend - both items were to be for my son's first birthday. I spent a ridiculous amount of time searching for cake ideas and when I found the perfect idea, I confirmed with Tanya that it could be done. I also confirmed the date, drop off time, address, etc. And then, a week before, I confirmed again!

Needless to say, the day of the party arrived and we were without a cake. I tried calling three times during the party. I also emailed, knowing that previous replies had been from a phone. Halfway through the party my sister in law had to leave and go buy a last-minute substitution. The following week I left around five more voice mails and emailed too. No response. I know they were checked because at one point the voice mail was full (likely because of me!) and the next day, it wasn't full any longer. I gave up.

Then they posted another group deal in June and I decided to share my story on the discussion feed. Finally, a response! But only enough of a response to say I was lying about everything. I called the bakery and finally talked to a girl who assured me the cake was delivered. She said maybe no one was home. I told her that we, along with 40 guests, were home during the drop off time and the front window looks directly at the drive way. She told me again that it was delivered and basically accused me of lying. I left my name, three numbers and an email address for Tanya to call me back at. That was weeks ago...no response.

There isn't much I can do anymore except warn others and hope that she realizes that in Winnipeg, word of mouth can make or break a business. Hopefully my story can prevent something similar from happening in the future to one of you.

Update: still haven't heard back from this business and don't expect to. google reviews of her before you buy. I am one of many who have had a problem.

27  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed May 12, 2012

It has been two weeks since this bakery was supposed to deliver my son's first birthday cake (April 29, 2012). The cake never showed, despite the fact that I followed up the Friday before to ensure everything was ok. The bakery confirmed that they had all the information they needed and that we'd see them Sunday. Delivery was supposed to be between 10 am and 2 pm. The party started at 2 pm - no cake. I called at 2:15 pm and a few times after, left multiple phone messages (the voice mail said they were open Sundays), and even emailed. I haven't heard back to this day. No apology or explanation has been given. I was using a Groupon (they refunded my money very quickly). Will never recommend this bakery to anyone and discourage everyone from using them. If they can miss a first birthday party, who's to say they won't miss your wedding or special event?

17  Thank Shannon S