“Perfect choice in Winnipeg”
Review of Inn at the Forks

Inn at the Forks
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed August 26, 2006

I grew up in Winnipeg and lamented the lack of good hotels for friends who go there, until this gem opened up.
I've stayed a couple of times when I'm back, and to me, it is the only choice in Winnipeg.
Great location, nice atmosphere, comfortable rooms, and like everything in Winnipeg, great price.
Didnt expect Winnipeg would get such a good hotel at such a value, but its here.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank knowlzy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed June 28, 2006

Great place to stay if you know nothing about Winnipeg, which we didn't. Stone's throw from Children's museum, Manitoba info center, Goldeyes baseball stadium, pedestrian bridge across river, French district. Staff is excellent.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank ncZoobie
A TripAdvisor Member
tempe arizona
Reviewed June 9, 2006

I visited Winnipeg for the first time, and it was mostly for business. We arrived at the Inn at the FOrks and my first impression was wow! The lobby was up to date, clean and very fashion foward! The staff were courteous and helpful and there was a free business center that I used regularly. The rooms were well designed and had a very contempo look to them. The beds were super comfortable and the bathroom had really cool glass tops. There were also a great assortment of luxury soaps and shoe polishes that otherwise would have been an extra cost. The food and drink were nothing short of spectacular and def. try the french fries some of the best I think Ive ever had! The bar was really posh and had a large variety of canadian beers and other spirits. The work out facilities were very up to date and had alot of the machines and equiptment that I am used to using at the gym at home. The area was fantastic and the views were spectacluar my only major comapliant was that the shower was on the small side! when and if I go back to winnipeg Ill def stay here!

Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 18, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Forks for one week in April, and I would advise against staying here.

The hotel itself is pretty nice, clean, etc. The rooms are OK, nothing special (though we stayed only in a standard room).

The service however, was terrible!

On the second day we were there, the cleaning staff threw out my medication, which I kept in a package on the night table next to the bed. When I called downstairs in the evening after discovering it was missing, the person who answered the phone was unapologetic, and did not give me any suggestions as to what the hotel could do to get me new medication. I asked him to have the manager call me as soon as he or she got in.

The next day, no call from the manager. I called down after not hearing from the manager all day and the manager said "Oh, I was told there was a problem, but the clerk told me you were going to call me about it." The manager indicated that the policy of the cleaning staff was never to throw anything away, suggesting that I somehow lost my own medication. She then said she would have someone come up and check the room to make sure it didn't fall down under the bed (as though I hadn't checked that myself already). The cleaning staff did not find my medication and I did not hear anything further from the manager. It was apalling.

Other than the incident with the medication, the hotel restaurant had extremely slow service. We waited almost an hour after ordering to get a Lox and cream cheese bagel. This would have been understandable had the restaurant been busy, but there were only 3 other tables!

The cleaning staff did not refill the toilet paper or the kleenex and we had to call down for it.

And the lightbulb in the bathtub burnt out on the third day and the cleaning staff did not fix that either. At that point, we didn't even bother informing the front desk.

I have stayed at the Fort Garry Hotel in the past and by far recommend that hotel over the Forks. I also hear from several friends that the Clarion is an excellent hotel, and it is comparable to the Forks in price. I would recommend either of these two hotels over the Inn at the Forks.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
13  Thank aussietrek
Reviewed February 4, 2006

We had our wedding reception here last May. It is a beautiful boutique hotel with an incredible restaurant, fluffy feather duvets and gorgeous bathrooms. Overall, we really enjoyed our experience. However, if you are planning your wedding here, you should note the following: The food for the trial dinner (in the restaurant) is better than what is served at the wedding. That is because the banquet department does the actual wedding dinner instead of the restaurant. Also, I stayed the night before the wedding at the hotel so I could get a good night of uninterrupted sleep and discovered that they have the most uncomfortable pillows in the world. I was up all night - it felt like my head was at a 90 degree angle and I couldn't sleep until 5am. The front desk was not able to bring me another pillow and I woke up with tremendous bags under my eyes. Luckily I had a brilliant makeup artist (at Edward Carriere) who was able to erase those bags. We were disappointed with our DJ (recommended and under contract with the Inn), so choose your own. The wedding night was very nice: champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a bouquet of flowers. There were some errors with the suite we were supposed to have, but it worked out in the end. This is a brand new hotel. We were one of the first weddings there and I think that is the biggest reason for some of the things that went wrong. We don't regret our decision to have the reception there. It was beautiful and the staff were friendly and quick to resolve any errors that arose. All in all, a great experience, just bring your own pillows and hand pick your dj!

• Stayed: May 2005
11  Thank misschickie
Reviewed December 25, 2005

This hotel is new, clean and well staffed. We enjoyed our stay in a Silver room, although would have liked a bigger bed. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We did have a small service issue in the lounge, but that was quickly addressed and rectified the following day. If you prefer a more contemporary/trendy hotel, this is definitely the right choice. We look forward to enjoying their hospitality again.

• Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank HappyinAb
A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver
Reviewed November 16, 2005

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a "refreshing" place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business