“Inn at the Forks”
Review of Inn at the Forks

Inn at the Forks
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed for a convention. Rooms where clean and beds comfortable.
There is confusion has to where the exercise room is and they do not have a pool. They said they have an agreement with a swimming pool about a 5 minute drive from their location, doesn't help when you do not have a vehicle.
The staff are friendly.
There is a small mall close by.
Bus passes by regularly.
Train tracks close enough to hear if you are on that side.
$21.00 taxi fee from airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank WalterD435
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback and appreciate that you chose to stay with us.

With regards to the lack of a pool, it's true - we don't have one. However, we do indeed have an option: the complimentary use of a 50 meter lap pool, whirlpool and sauna at a local fitness center. There is a fee associated with this, but Inn at the Forks pays the fee for our hotel guests. It's about a 7 minute walk away but our shuttle service is complimentary and will take our guests there and back at no charge.

If you have the opportunity to e-mail me back, I'd appreciate some clarification about the location of our fitness center -it's on the 2nd floor. If you were not given correct information about that or the shuttle service to the fitness center, I will need to follow up with our staff.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks one day soon.

Regards,

cstephens@innforks.com

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Booked the Ultimate Girl's Nite Out package. One night in the hotel (suite) for me and 3 friends including treatments at the Riverstone Spa. Our suite and the hotel staff were outstanding. Highly recommend this for a "staycation" for anyone in Winnipeg or the surrounding area. We had a fabulous time reconnecting as friends and relaxing with all of our needs taken care of by the hotel staff. All I can say is AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CRGWinnipeg
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guests:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor - we really do appreciate the feedback!

I was so pleased to read that you all had a wonderful time. The Ultimate Girls Night Out Package is definitely a wonderful way to get together and reconnect. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your spa treatments and that our staff ensured your needs were taken care of.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions in February when travelling by train to and from Churchill. It is located less than 5 minutes' walk from Winnipeg Union Station, so the location is excellent if you are catching a train. I found the rooms modern, very comfortable and just the right temperature for a good night's sleep. The front desk staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The Forks area where the hotel is located offers a lot of amenities, including an inside market where you can buy food & wine for your train journey. I enjoyed staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2014

There is no words to describe how amazing the experience was at the Inn at the Forks. I went for a girls spa weekend and got the Ultimate Girls Night Out package. The value was fantastic as the perks we received were incredible. From the included valet parking to the complimentary mimosas in the spa I felt like royalty the entire time. The staff were so incredible everywhere. From our room being ready at 8am so we could check in before our spa appointments to the front desk bringing us anything we wanted whenever we wanted! Even a small fridge for us to store our wine in when we just asked for a bucket of ice!
The Current restaurant was also an amazing experience. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was incredible! Dinner was amazing and for breakfast I had the best eggs benedict that I have ever had!
The Riverstone Spa was the best part of the trip so I would recommend that to anyone. The staff were all very nice and friendly and I could go on and on and on about it but I won't.
The Inn at the Forks is so nice and it's nestled right in the heart of the Forks. We went for a little walk after dinner and had some fun at the playground, checked out the skating rink and took in all of the winter beauty. I would love to come back in the summer when there is more of an opportunity to explore the grounds at the Forks.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 4th floor right by the elevator. There was very little noise and the view was...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SammyD21
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Purchased the Ultimate Girl's Night pkg with a group of girl friends which included extra frills such as a gift bag of goodies from the spa (including a $100 gift card) and a dessert tray in room. We were treated like absolute royalty during our entire stay. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. Our spa appointments were booked early in the am so we were told we would be able to leave our bags with them until check in but when we arrived at 8:30am our room was ready and we were able to check in before our appointments which was super convenient. We brought some beverages for in our room and when we called down for ice, they brought us a mini fridge instead! Dinner at the Current restaurant downstairs was such an experience. All the staff there was just as welcoming and kind as the hotel staff and the food was absolutely superb (and Breakfast was equally divine!)! Our room was beautiful and clean, and the beds were so comfy (LOVE the duvets!) and we had an unobstructed panoramic view of the entire Winnipeg skyline, including the new Human Rights Museum. The Riverstone Spa was also an experience. It was my first time to a spa and the staff there again were amazing. They walked us through the entire process and made us feel so comfortable. The lounge was so soothing with herbal teas and light snacks and complimentary mimosas for our group. I had the Jade Stone Experience with Lisa (she showed me all the stones and explained everything to me before hand and really made my first spa experience amazing) I would recommend it to anyone. And the rain showers were to die for! When it came time to settle up the bill I was worried (things never seem to be as advertised) but there were absolutely no surprise charges and the value for what we paid compared to what we received was amazing. The location is amazing, so close to everything but tucked into the heart of the Forks so there is so much to walk around to see and do, there was an outdoor skating path and rink, and a playground right outside and the hotel is right next to the Children's Museum. The Winnipeg Jets even had an outdoor practice nearby that we were able to watch for free. There was also live music the night we were there (but no sound pollution in our room) Such a relaxing, fun and exciting (and needed) getaway in the middle of winter! Love this hotel, and can't wait to plan my next visit!

The only thing that could have made it better is if there was a pool :) Other than that I can't say enough good things about this place!

Important to remember if you go to the spa, a 15% gratuity charge is automatically applied to your total so you don't have to worry about tipping and they were very clear in ensuring we knew that ahead of time (says so on the website as well). The Valet parking (which was awesome btw) was included in our package but if you don't purchase a package I believe it comes up as an additional charge not included in regular room rates.

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms on the 4th floor and up (we stayed in 413 which was right off the elevators...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I expected one of these older, Fairmont stuffy type places. But I was nicely surprised. New. Clean. Fresh. Had a good sleep. Nice heat in the room. Good bathroom. All very clean. Parking was either yourself around the corner (like 10 second walk, legit 10 seconds…go in the back door) or valet for an extra $5. I dislike valet -- makes me feel not in control somehow so I parked it myself. Great location -- near a hubbub of activity (of which I did not take part, it was COLD!! alas, it is Winnipeg, what did I expect?!) But hotel was on point. Helpful desk staff. Even got a great new lipstick at the spa.

Room Tip: I upgraded and got a funny bathroom: tub and stand up shower. I never like that combo, so know what...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Management told me that this hotel was built a decade ago. But it has the look and feel of a hotel that just opened its doors.
As a frequent business traveler to Winnipeg I opted for a different hotel this time. The older mainstays, such as the Fort Garry Hotel, while still nice, are showing their age. The Inn at the Forks is modern, and situated in the popular downtown market area. The rooms are clean, functional, and comfortable. The restaurant/lounge is fabulous and inexpensive. I have seldom encountered front desk staff as friendly as those at this hotel.
Little wonder that this hotel has reached the top five in Winnipeg.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank FussyVacationers
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Guests (I just can't bring myself to call you fussy vacationers!)

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about Inn at the Forks. We are so proud of our hotel and we are excited to be celebrating our 10th birthday this June!

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and the amenities Inn at the Forks has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back - and watch for exciting birthday celebration specials in July and August.

Kindest regards,