“Great hotel with great service”
Review of Inn at the Forks

Inn at the Forks
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Van BC
“Great hotel with great service”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband stayed here on business in late April and I joined him at the end of the week. Staff at this hotel are a personficiation of the province's motto "Friendly Manitoba". Front desk staff are very friendly, very helpful, and courtesy. Top marks! The hotel room is very nice. Nice layout. It is located very close to the market and downtown is not that far away. When I asked about walking to Starbucks, front desk staff suggested I take their hotel shuttle as they would be happy to drop me off and then pick me up later. I took them up on the offer but walked back in the beautiful sunshine. Staff also offered without asking late check-out as my husband's meeting would not be finished by check-out which I declined but it was thoughtful of them to offer.They happily stored our luggage as I wondered around. The shuttle service makes up for its location a bit a way from downtown. However if you like to walk like we do, it is great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms. Friendly and personable staff. Great location with restaurants and other amenities nearby. Bellmen will drive you to places you need to go close by. Food in the restauramt is good quality and not oberpriced. Overall a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Calgary
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay here when on business in Winnipeg--can't go wrong--very nice rooms, helpful and courteous staff...shuttle available to take you to the restaurants in the area.
The food in the restaurant in the hotel is very good and entertainment in the lounge is a nice perk as well.
I definitely recommend this hotel to business or pleasure travellers!

Room Tip: All good-the rooms are all in positions to see the City well!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Halifax,Nova Scotia
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed five nights in Luxury Suite high floor overlooking the river and children's museum
Large space with jacuzzi tub and rain shower
Nice layout with plenty of natural light
Great housekeeping with nightly turndown
Enjoyed the biscotti
Great concierge thanks to Colin who drove us around
Friendly staff overall
Great spot
Would not hesitate to return

• Stayed April 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were relocated as a result of water damage to our home - we could have stayed anywhere - however we chose Inn at the Forks - and we were very satisfied. Room was fabulous - the attention to detail on absolutely every level from check in, valet service (didn't use - but a really nice perk), restaurant - ambience - then we upgraded to a suite - turn down service with biscotti every night, it felt like home - it made a stressful circumstance so much better - only good things to say - and the Forks and the lively atmosphere was wonderful - check it out - it's worth the trip!!!

Room Tip: Didn't use the spa - but hear it is exceptional - rooms on the north side don't have as much...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I live in Winnipeg and took my wife here for our first year annivesary for 2 nights. The hotel is amazing and the accomodations are outstanding but we were blown away by yhe service. Everyone you meet offers a friendly “good morning” or “hello” when you walk by along with a smile. From the front desk, the restaurant, and housekeeping everyone was awesome.
We had a great time!!

Special note to guest services. When we checked in she asked the reason for the visit and we told her it was our 1st Anniversary and that we stayed there after the wedding a year ago as well. We then went to our room and moments later there was a gift delivered to the room with a hand written note thanking us for the visit and congratulating us on our Anniversary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked at this hotel on the recommendation of a colleague who lives in Winnipeg. He hadn't stayed there, but had heard good reviews. There were several less than favorable reviews here on Trip Advisor, so I wasn't sure what to expect
I just checked out after a 3-night stay, and I must say I am thrilled. The hotel is bright and airy, and the decor is lively but classy. My room was very spacious, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the linens were lovely. I particularly enjoyed relaxing in my soaker tub, complete with nicely scented bath salts. Also of note were the fresh air vents in the windows. I did not have a river view, but enjoyed wonderful sunset views of the new Museum of Human Rights, currently under construction.
The temperature controls were easy to operate and the air condition unit was quiet.
Best of all, every staff person I encountered was friendly, sincere, and helpful. From the front desk, to the restaurant staff, to the housekeeping staff. I travel fairly often, and it's nice to be greeted with a smile, and assistance, regardless of how unusual the request.
My only regret is that I did not have time to enjoy the spa. I hear it's wonderful, so it's definitely on my list for next time!

• Stayed April 2013