“What a Joy!”
Review of Inn at the Forks

Inn at the Forks
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel and it was once again a pure pleasure. It was freezing cold outside and the view from my room was amazing - swirling snow and lights!
The hotel is up market and just lovely - best bed of the trip by far.
Very nice toiletries and the bathroom and room were spotless - the basin is made of glass - very elegant all round - it is close to many great areas but I was on a business trip so was kept very busy - so no comment on the shopping. The staff were very friendly - great service in the restaurant - also in the early morning they served great tasting coffee in the lobby .

1  Thank anafricanincanada
InnForksGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at the Forks, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor - we appreciate the comments and we appreciate your continuing patronage to our hotel.

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and have passed along your comments to all of the staff, including the restaurant server(s).

We look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks if you get the chance to return to Winnipeg again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here the night before my wedding. The hotel itself was modern and clean and my room gave me a view of the Winnipeg skyline. I don't really have any complaints (the bed is awesome), it delivers what it should deliver as a hotel. I just hope the next time a bride walk past their service desk they would at least congratulate her (even if she's not going to have her wedding at your hotel), all I got was blank stares. Same thing when my husband and I came back from our wedding to spend the night there, not even a goodnight from the people on the desk. I don't want to sound bitter (although I probably do), but come on, show some enthusiasm...or at least fake one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wanderk

Dear Guest(s):

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I as so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay but was concerned about your comments regarding the Front Desk Associates. I have checked back on our schedules ( as this was in September) and have discussed the situation with the team. As an aside, 2 of the Front Desk individuals working at that time are no longer employed with us.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks one day.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel as I was there for an business. It is quite a lovely hotel with beautiful decor and very nice rooms. I had a deluxe room and the rooms are updated and large with great bathrooms, free Wifi, and gym. The service I was provided was excellent. There is a spa there that I did not take advantage of, but it is a beautiful hotel. Right next to a market place which is fun to check out. I would definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Winnipeg.

Room Tip: The deluxe room is pretty nice. Very spacious, free bottled water and nice comfy robes.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Nikks79

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review about Inn at the Forks on Trip Advisor.

I have shared your comments with all of the staff, as they do appreciate the feedback.

You definitely need to try to get into Riverstone Spa if you are indeed in Winnipeg again; there are some wonderful packages with Spa treatments or you could purchase a 1 hour Spa Pass - it's a great deal!

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Inn at the Forks.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The staff were courteous and professional. I thought the beds were not up to par with the fact that hotel is considered upscale and the heater in my room made a loud humming sound all night long. My other coworker also had the same problem. Otherwise great hotel and loved the market by the hotel!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I travel to Winnipeg for works that brings me to different areas of town, so I enjoy this central location. The Forks Market is directly across the street, which I love. The rooms are very nice, the amenities are great and I always sleep very well.

I find the room service menu limited and quite over priced. Great service though. I often travel for long periods of time, and the rooms are not equipped with a fridge or microwave. When I mentioned this on my first visit, the attendant mentioned they can get one brought to my room for $10/day. I mentioned it on my next stay, and they mentioned free of charge. Parking is also $13/day and I was not told that I had access to the covered parking.

Overall, this is an amazing hotel. Just a few minor details that would make it perfect for me.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

When was the last time you felt like you were at home when you were staying in a hotel?
The "Forks" gives you that feeling. While my home does not have anyone who greets me when I arrive, the front desk reception was warm and welcoming. I have stayed here before so I was greeted with my name and a welcome back. My room faced the Assiniboine River and while there was a light dusting of snow going on outside (10 cm in Winnipeg) the room was well appointed and certainly adequate for my purposes. The Inn also hosts a spa in its facilities and here the staff are professional and accomodating. I had booked an appointment for early in the morning and while the snowstorm prevented my masseuse for making it in I was offered free use of the steam room and sauna as well as a new time for the services I wanted.
Use the valet parking when you go in the winter, at -30C outside it is better to have someone else park the car and when you need it again it is warm. They don't call it "Winterpeg" because of the warm weather but the warm service at the Forks makes this the place to stay when you visit. The Inn is centrally located, in a unique spot in Winnipeg, and you are basically 10 minutes from anywhere you want to be. What can be better?

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view. There are only 5 floors so the top floor is best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Inn over Christmas Dec 24-28, 2012. We moved to the Inn after one night at the Fort Garry Hotel as we found it unsatisfactory. The Inn is relatively new, perhaps ten years old, and it shows in design, newness and cleanliness.

I have stayed at the Inn a number of times over the years because of its style and its location at the confluence of the historic Red and Assiniboine Rivers in the heart of Winnipeg. This area of town in recent years has been completely rejuvenated with shops and restaurants and attractions and the Winnipeg Goldeyes baseball stadium. It used to be nothing but empty rail yards but is now a major attraction. Shops and restaurants are right next door, there are walking and biking trails and there is always something going on at the Forks.

Anyway, when we checked in I asked about upgrades to a suite. Kelley at the front desk, who is so friendly and helpful, offered us an upgrade to a suite for an extra $39 on top of our regular rate of $250. Suites are advertised on the hotel web site at $360. We payed $289.

After we'd put our things in our room Kelley called to offer us the top of the line Riverside Suite with its spa bathroom and extra space. We looked at it but decided to stay in our current suite because we preferred the layout.

Our suite had a separate bedroom, as all suites should, fireplace, mini fridge, a large bathroom, Bose ipod dock and lots of space for entertaining including a large dining room table that can accommodate six. The extra space came in handy one evening when we entertained.

Kelley even gave us 2 free breakfasts at the restaurant for Christmas Day. Too bad the restaurant was closed! But it's the thought that counts. The other staff at the front desk were all very friendly, helpful and attentive. The valet parking was especially welcome as temperatures in Winnipeg were -20C and -30C the whole time.

I've stayed at the Fairmont and the Fort Garry Hotel but from now on I will always stay at the Forks and nowhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012