“Could be updated and better maintained...”

Manitoba Planetarium & Science Gallery
Ranked #25 of 194 things to do in Winnipeg
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I used to love going to the planetarium and science gallery when I was younger. The glass room is really cool and there were lots of things to look at and play with. I guess it's not really for adults (21) but I went on a boring, chilly day for something to do and found every station at the gallery was an old 90's computer with some sort of math program on it that wasn't fun or interesting at all. I don't see how kids can be entertained there anymore. Things were broken, papers torn and retaped to desks/walls over and over again and paint colors fading on everything. If it's aesthetics weren't displeasing enough, they really need a lot more interactive activities as everything seems out of date and boring.

The planetarium recently underwent a major update so it was the main reason for my visit... but I was disappointed when I went. It felt like they went on google, typed in "planets" and found digitally created pictures of space to put on their screen and talk about. Wasn't that impressed. The language was strange in the videos and I assume the 'sophisticated' type jokes went straight over every childs head there... Just wasn't a great visit.

If you must go to the Manitoba Museum, just go to the man and nature museum. Skip the planetarium and science gallery.

There are newer reviews for Manitoba Planetarium & Science Gallery

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I took my grandchildren to see the show that promised a view of the constellations, milky way, Aurora Borealis and a meteor shower. Well, we got everything BUT the meteor shower and that's what we were all looking forward to the most, so not getting that in the show was disappointing. Otherwise, it was a very pleasant experience and the Science Museum was fun for both myself and the children.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We went to the Planetarium and Science Gallery. Don't go! The planetarium is from 1969. It is just that! 1969. The speaker bored us to death. The pictutes on the sky you would think would be from hubble telescope! No, there were from earth based telsecopes from 1969! My sons were are keyed up to see MARS, VENUS, and some stars... were totally disappointed! Internet blows this away! Hint: Take stuff from internet and show that on your sky! Saw 2 shows.... son was crying to leave the first one... the second one was about stars so we tried the second one... had to leave it was so bad.... This is a total rip-off. Time to re-use the space.

The Science Gallery. Boring... Nothing there...
Paid $38.75 for family. Never again... Not worth $5.00
Don't aaste you time and money!

2  Thank Larry W
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had company come in from England and Kansas and took them to the musuem to get a good feel about Manitoba. They were very impressed! Lot's to see and the non such was really a big hit.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

nice museum, took longer than expected about 2,5 hours, not crowded, informative, did not have time to do it all