“Great Tapas”

Deer + Almond
Ranked #11 of 1,639 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the Exchange district of Winnipeg.. Great menu. Excellent bar. Wonderfull atmosphere.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

First time to D+A last night. Food was very good to excellent and service was fun and attentive. The flavours were diverse and taste buds had a workout. Would recommend the deserts too..amazing. Wine list was a little picked over but the wines we ordered were great.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank WmK_13

Limoges, France
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

This one is one of my fav in Winnipeg, the food is excellent : eclectic, well prepared, tasty and somehow out of the box. My fav is the red tuna! Service is nice, and the selection of wine perfectly fits the menu. A bit pricy, but never disappointed

• Visited December 2013
winnipeg
“eclectic cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Dined here on Saturday.Very different selection of cuisines.Its a tapas.or small plate type of place.Staff were friendly,knowledgeable ans efficient.Firstly our table wobbled by about 1/2 an inch but staff quickly fixed this when advised.Tables maybe a little close together and noise level is a bit high but this is easily overlooked when you consider the good food,drinks and service.The drinks here are really good especially the ceasar's which contain a small appetizer in themselves.Ours had a skewer of celery,pickle,3 olives,peperoni stick and jumbo prawn in each.Also the secret beer that night was excellent.We tried 8 different dishes between 4 of us(actually a little to much food).The best of all was the roasted cauliflower,beer and cheddar soup.Among the 3 best soups I've ever had.The kale salad and soba noodle salad were great and quite large.the only dish that was just ok were the mushrooms on rice,which kind of got lost on the amount of rice.Tempura veg were the best I've had,the steak tartar with a light sear on home made chips was superb.Sable fish on a bed of polenta was crisp on the outside and buttery inside.The ash scallops were good,a little under done for my wifes taste but great for me.Though a little pricey for 2 scallops.Dessert,a peanut butter ice cream on flour-less cake was to die for.Prices were reasonable to moderately high.Overall just a great dining experience.

• Visited January 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“Pleasant tapas restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had lunch with a friend on the weekend. I found this restaurant to be nice and clean. No clutter as not even salt and pepper are on the table. Our waiter gave us glasses of water. I than asked if I could have ice water and he quickly obliged. I would prefer more lighting as it was a bit too dark for me. I ordered a Royale burger with a delicious kale/potato/dill/cream soup. The cheeseburger was one of the best I have tasted. Do not order on your first date unless you want it to be your last date as it is quite messy to eat. It was awesome made with ground sirloin. The bun had black sesame seeds which I loved. I had the desert with the peanuts and was not really impressed with that. Our waiter Josey was the best with a radiant smile and terrific sense of humour. It looked to me the owner was very careful in hiring suitable staff as they all were so naturally pleasant. They appear to love their jobs. I will be back. Oh yes, my friend likes it as well.

• Visited January 2014
Mississauga, ON
“Tasty...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Great atmosphere and good service. Food was good, especially the salads. Some of the meat dishes left something to be desired. The reservation policy is strict so be sure that you only reserve for people who can make it, have to leave your credit card to hold your reservation. Street parking is available all around the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013