“A wonderful home away from home.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beechmount Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winnipeg
Beechmount Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 14 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“A wonderful home away from home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

This B&B has it all - but enough can't be said about Christine and Giovanni - who are wonderful hosts and fantastic cooks! They helped make our stay in Winnipeg truly enjoyable. I would recommend this location to anyone visiting Winnipeg. The fact the house has a top floor with 3 bedrooms and a sitting area, makes it ideal for families as well. We look forward to returning to the Beechmount during our next visit to Winnipeg.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the top floor for accommodating my husband, myself and adult daughter. There was a third...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was doing research while my partner was visiting family in Winnipeg. Christine and Giovanni helped us navigate to lots of different areas of the city by transit and taxi, and even drove us places when they were able to (we didn't ask--they just jumped up and grabbed their keys). They seem to know everybody in the city and actually put me in contact with someone who could help me with my research. The room and the grounds are completely spectacular, and the neighbourhood is quiet and peaceful, on the river, but still close to everything. Breakfast is great and there was always a lively conversation with the other guests. Really, it doesn't get better than this.

Room Tip: Most rooms have en suite bathrooms, but one has the bathroom in the hall.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FaithJ_Vancouver
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

We came back to the city for five days and stayed at the Beechmount - a perfect choice. The house and grounds are graceful, spacious, and quiet, in a charming and historic neighbourhood. Hosts Christine and Giovanni are knowledgeable, gracious, and attentive. We look forward to our next visit to the Beechmount, and recommend it highly. How could there be a better place to stay in Winnipeg?!

Room Tip: The third floor family suite is perfect for two or more people travelling together.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ian M
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

I am a medical student interviewing for residency position at the University of Manitoba. Initially I noticed Beechmount Bed and Breakfast because of the special discount price it has for students in my situation. However, after three days of living at Beechmount Bed and Breakfast I have discovered that there is so much more to the place than the special discount price. The breakfasts with free-range and organic eggs are the most unforgettable. Christine and Giovanni, owner of Beechmount, are very kind hosts and I have enjoyed every conversation that I have had with them over my stay. Finally they have offered to drive me to many places over the course of my stay. At the end I am touched, I offered them $20 as a tip but they refused, saying that they will never take a tip from a medical student looking for residency position. I had to fight the tear coming out of my eye.

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally good.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Alex486
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I have never stayed in a B&B but I have always wanted to so when we were invited to a very special wedding in September 2011 I thought it was a perfect opportunity to try out a Bed & Breakfast for our short visit. After a long drive from Alberta we were pleasantly surprised to drive up to the beautiful Beechmount B&B and were greeted most graciously by our wonderful hosts, Christine and Giovanni. The house is breathtaking and huge and the history not only in the house itself but the entire neighborhood is just amazing. I quickly knew that this was not just a typical wedding visit, but seeing how special our accommodations were I turned our little trip into a "Babymoon" as we were pregnant with our first child (Lillian Grace, born Nov.19/11) The room was beautiful and the private bathroom (a major plus) was something right out of a Home & Garden magazine! To top it all off, every morning we woke to the aromatic smell of a 5-star breakfast that would satisfy all tastebuds. We enjoyed the combination of privacy and great company from both hosts and other guests. We will definitely stay in this beautiful bed & breakfast again as it is child-friendly and is close to family and is well-located snuggled under ancient oak trees and backing onto the river.
If I could give more stars I would but this gets a 5-star rating from us!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Kenora, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

What a wonderful setting for a "family reunion" of sorts (birthday), however short. Christine & Giovanni are superb hosts who made wee ones comfortable & happy to stay longer [without us!]
Breakfast is a must. The rooms & surroundings are added treats.

Room Tip: Suite is excellent for families.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Nottingham , England

We first stayed in November 2010 for 5 nights and again in September 2011 for 8 nights.
Rooms are great, food superb and Giovanni and Christine are fantastic hosts. The house is amazing set in an equally amazing area and only a short walk from our daughter who now resides in Winnipeg.
Breakfast time was a delight as being seated together gave us the opportunity to actually talk to the other guests (something that doesn't happen in a large hotel.)
Winnipeg is now special to us for 2 things, our daughter and the Beechmount

Room Tip: Book early to make sure you get a room!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple