“Great Take-Away Special”

Add it.
Dhoom Restaurant and Lounge
Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've done the dine-in as well as take-away, and enjoyed both. If you're eating at the restaurant I would recommend doing the buffet instead of ordering off the menu, unless you're with a large group of people and plan to share. Ordering individual items off the menu can get pricey and you get more variety with the buffet.

The take-away special is the best deal. $10 for a piece of naan, basmati rice, chickpeas, a meat dish and a veggie dish. Very filling and totally worth the price. Haven't tried anything off the menu other than the indian dishes, so I can't really comment on anything else on the menu.

The really need to do some more rogue advertising. I didn't know they were an indian place until I found them on Urban Spoon, and I've sadly never seen the place busy. I want them to stick around.

1  Thank anonymousaddict

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We were looking for somewhere new to go when someone mentioned that a new east Indian restaurant opened up downtown.
What an amazing discovery! We went at lunch time and to our surprise they had a lunch buffet for $12. Naan included! The food was quality food, everything was excellent! I have not one negative thing to say.
If you enjoy Indian food-please give this restaurant a try. I am looking forward to going back in a few weeks.

2  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We visited on a weekend evening and greatly enjoyed the authentic tasting buffet. One of our group preferred a non-Indian plate, which is no problem in this newly opened and recently renovated downtown space.

3  Thank hekla62
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Hubby and I went to Dhoom recently. We parked on York and had no problem finding a free spot – although it was a cold evening so maybe no one else was crazy enough to go out for dinner that evening!

We never went to Pizza Hut at this location, so can’t comment on what it used to look like. Decor now is contemporary, although it doesn’t look “Indian” at all. There is a restaurant and a lounge – lounge looked like a great place for a beer and tandoori chicken wings.

We both had the dinner buffet for $15/person. There is a small salad bar next to a small chutney/achar bar. Some of the achars pack a pleasant heat, so beware if you don’t like spicy.

Naan is included in the dinner buffet, as is tandoori chicken pizza. Hubby enjoyed both, although waitress admitted that pizza had been sitting under the warmer for a while.

Buffet is 4 or 5 veggie dishes and 4 meat dishes. Channa was good. Mixed veggie curry was nice, but potatoes could have used some more cooking – I found them a little too hard. Goat curry was delicious and I could easily come and have that alone for dinner! Tandoori
chicken was moist and tender - the best I’ve had in recent memory at any Indian restaurant in Winnipeg.

Although we didn’t order from the menu, we did look at it. My only concern is that the restaurant might be trying to be too many things to too many people. I understand they may be trying to cater to a variety of clientele, but I have to wonder how long they can keep it up. Their dinner menu includes everything from calamari to steak, roast beef, fried chicken, burgers, grilled chicken, grilled salmon, more Indian food (both vegetarian and non-veggie), pizza, sandwiches, wraps, chicken wings, chicken fingers, nachos, salads including Caesar and Greek. We will definitely be back; we just hope they’ll still be around!

2  Thank Winnipegger2008