All reviews pancake house mineral spa urban oasis polo park electric fireplace girls night steam room pool area portage avenue room service wedding reception king suite enjoyed my stay cleaning staff close to the airport tara joey
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

very nice. it was our 40 th anniversary and we were upgraded to a lovely suite. only bad part was the elevators were both out of order on the day we were leaving and we had to walk up a flight of stairs.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
hkhaira, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Dear Scout-406,

Thank you so much sharing your feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of some of the great amenities that we have to offer and the upgraded suite! I sincerely apologize for the elevators breakdown during your stay. We really want our guests to feel that this is a home away from home and I'm so glad that we've succeeded for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

The Clarion is a very nice modern looking and clean hotel. Execpt for a few issues. Firstly, the elevator! The one functioning elevator was very very busy all the time. Often leaving some people behind due to lack of room. But I'm sure it will be fixed soon. Or both will be out of comision. As the one that is working, never gets a rest. Secondly, The ladder in the main pool, closest to the slide is broken and it's going to hurt someone. And lastly, I expected a hotel like the Clarion to have room service. I'm a little disappointed in that.

Room tip: The room was fine. But no video on demand. And the available channels were sub par.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Journey68498129722,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback from your recent stay. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the modern look and cleanliness of our hotel, however it seems we fell short in other areas. I apologize for the elevator breakdown during your stay and the issues you had with the pool maintenance.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

I had a wonderful stay. very clean and welcoming. the pool area was very nice. it was the warmest pool I have been in yet. I would most definitely stay again and recommend to all my friends and family.

Room tip: just on thing. housekeeping should announce themselves before entering a room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear NorthStar36328141685,

Thank you for the glowing review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and cannot wait to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

We made a point of booking a specific room type as we were travelling as a group of 6 - so we called the front desk in advance and ended up booking a two king suite on the first floor - there was a moveable wall in the room to divide the room in half. We stayed here two nights and it was room 116.

Location is excellent - right next to Polo Park, close to the airport, attached to a breakfast restaurant and there are lots of other eating options nearby. We didn’t notice road noise to much, even though we were facing Portage, although there were the occasional police car/ambulance going by.

The room itself was massive and had lots of space for the kids to play around. Beds were clean and comfy. But we had several issues with the room and despite a call to the front desk on the first day of our stay, nothing was done. One of the above-pillow lights above our bed didn’t work and another table lamp in the same part of the room didn’t work as well. Also, the “peep hole” in the front door was broken - it wouldn’t sit in place and was practically hanging off the door. Also, as previous posters mentioned, the pool could use some upgrades, although I think they are making their way towards that goal. A final negative - upon booking online, I received an email from someone with the initials CB who is listed as a reservation sales coordinator. She explained to us (this is pre-arrival) via email that as Choice members, we would be receiving a complimentary gift (touted as a local goodie bag) upon check-in. Although I’m hardly in tears about this, we never did receive that item.

It had potential but this was a let down of a stay. Lacklustre customer service. I probably wouldn’t book here again as there are so many options around this area.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Newfie_Screech,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. I would love the opportunity to discuss this in further detail with you. Kindly reach out to me directly at hkhaira@clarionwpg.com when you have a moment.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Beautifully renovated lobby, nice size rooms, very clean and aside from the street noise it was very quiet. My only complaints were about the pool, it would have been nice to know before going down to the pool that we had to get towels from the front desk (a sign in the elevator would work), the mats leading into the pool area were very hard on the feet and the pool deck is in need of repairs/replacement. My husband also mentioned that the main pool was warmer than the hot tub.

• Trip type: Traveled with family