All reviewspancake housemineral spapolo park mallspa areafront desk staffnewly renovated roomsbanquet managersteam roomroom serviceportage avenuenice poolbed was very comfortablelate checkenjoyed my stayking suiteclose to the airporttara
Reviewed January 29, 2017

This hotel fails to disappoint me. My family has been staying there at least 3 times a year, mainly because the child who travels with us says it has the best pool in Winnipeg. We stay there because the customer service is absolutely amazing. The rooms are very comfortable and have been updated.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Dear Eleanor N,

Thank you for your recent review!
We are all very pleased that you and your Family always enjoy your time with us!
We are quite often receiving complements regarding the pool facilities, and we do strive to keep this area clean, modern and up to date! It is a favorite among adults & children, I too love the water slide!

We look very forward to your return, thank you again!

Sales Executive.

Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

Went there for a children's bday party for the day and wound up getting a room as well for the night.
It's a great place to spend a day or two swimming, and going down the water slide, or hot
tubbing and taking advantage of the spa services.... It's especially nice while the temperature sinks to -30 celcius outside.
A little higher price than most, but the facilities are great and services offered are quite good. Clean and well maintained all around. Shopping and fine dinning are offered within walking distance as well.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family

Dear ElDevablo ,

Thank you for your recent review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites!

We do offer an amazing Waterpark, complete with a 2 story water slide, kid’s pool, hot tub & primary pool with cascading waterfall! In addition, we also have a V.I.P. Portion of the Spa, featuring our Salt water pool, mineral pool & steam room!

We are very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and would love to welcome you back soon!!

Warm Regards;

Sales Executive.

Reviewed January 25, 2017

Good, clean & quiet room - only a very minor glitch having to reset the clock radio.

Biggest shout out to the service: I was using the business centre computers using a thumb drive just before I left for the airport. After an hour or so at the airport, I noticed I'd left my thumb drive at the hotel. I called, and they found it. When I asked if it could be mailed to me, they drove it over to the airport in less than 15 minutes. I was impressed at their going the extra mile.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2017

Dear Tony P,

Thank you so much for your recent review! We are very pleased to hear that our Shuttle staff went the extra mile to deliver the thumb drive to you prior to your flight, we strive to deliver the best Customer service, and look very forward to your return,

thank you again!

Reviewed January 23, 2017

I held an event here for my mother's surprise 50th birthday party in the Manitoba event room. The banquet Manager, Mike, left me with some memories that I don't wish to remember. Not only did he lack professionalism on the night of the event, but throughout the process of planning, Mike was never personable nor welcoming. Not once did Mike approach me throughout the night of the event or the days leading up to it to speak about the event. It wasn't a matter of not knowing who I was because I had been introduced to Mike from the start that I was clearly the host of the party. It was evident to me and to my guests that Mike was not happy. For whatever reason that may be, again, he never once approached me to address any outstanding issues that could have been addressed immediately to ensure happiness for him and for all my guests. Mike brought tension and negativity to the party and he acted in every way possible to display his true feelings.

I came to set up for the event the night before, which Mike was present and saw the set up before the event. There wasn't anything said about the decorations I had set up other than a reminder not to carry the candles around because it may get onto the carpet. I had purchased battery operated candles because I was told wax candles were not allowed. I had placed the battery operated tea light candles on the perimeter of the dance floor and nothing was said about them being an inconvenience, therefore I did not remove them. While dinner was being served and everyone was seated, Mike made a show to kick all of the tea light candles to the side where the mirrored pillars were. The dance floor being at the middle and center of the event room, you would have had to have your eyes closed not to notice Mike doing this.

Secondly, I was not spoken to clearly about where my guests were able to get pop. Since there had been no server behind the bar that was set up, I told my MC to make an announcement about asking their server for pop from the table. Mike was evidently unhappy about this and told another worker to tell me that pop is not to be asked from the servers and that someone would be at the bar to tend to pop distribution. I had no problem to tell my MC to make a clarification about the announcement said earlier. The only time I saw a banquet server behind the bar was following the pop announcement and I never saw a banquet server back there again to assist for further pop distribution. Due to this hiccup, Mike was upset and was yelling and waving his hands at his workers and left the event room. I am sure I do not have to spell out how Mike should do his job, but under any circumstance, Mike should have never caused such a scene to display his anger to me and especially to my guests. Mike's presence at the party was far from quiet. My mom, the celebrant of the night took notice of his actions and pointed it out to me as well.

Following the dinner and speeches, picture taking took place. It was clear that my family was still having a good time and enjoyed each other's company. I had the room booked until 1:00am, but it was only about 10:15-10:30pm when Mike was rushing all of us out of there. Mike never once came to me to say anything, even well after the event coordinator left the event, but he was capable of going up to my mom to tell her to take decorations down. I am completely shocked at how unprofessional Mike is at his job. It actually amazes me that he does this job for a living because he is definitely in the wrong business. It was shocking to me that of all people to have approached to take down the decorations, he approached my mom, who was evidently the guest of honor. My family felt rushed to get out of there when I had the room booked until 1:00am.

Mike had absolutely no right to act unprofessionally at my party. I was 23 years old at the time, and this being my first big event I had planned, Mike did not leave me having a good experience. It is unfortunate that when I think back on such a monumental event, Mike has tainted that image and experience. I do not have any good words to say about Mike and the result of his management. I will not recommend the hotel as a place for special events because Mike takes away any special factor to be had. I have a very strong sense to voice out my concerns because not only did Mike disrespect me, he also disrespected my family.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
5  Thank LynC18
Richard S, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2017

Dear Lync18,

Thank you for your recent review of the Clarion Hotel & Suites.
It is unfortunate that your experience with us was less than you expected.

After looking into your comments further, I have found that the event you speak of took place almost 1 year ago, and you’re above mentioned concerns were in fact dealt with at that time. It is unfortunate that you are just now posting your review.

Should you wish to discuss your concerns once again, I invite you to please contact myself directly at the Hotel.

Warm Regards;

Mike Episcopo,

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

We were a group of seven that spent the day in he mineral pool and then each had an appointment at the Mineral Spa. We had everything from pedicures, facials and mud wraps. Everyone enjoyed their time thoroughly and left relaxed! We had a fruit tray at the pool area and enjoyed a glass of wine- a perfect day! Highly recommend to all!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank JSMinor

Dear JSMinor,

Thank you so much for your review regarding the Spa!
The Spa staff does take much pride in their services, and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the Spa Manager, thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!