Clarion Hotel Winnipeg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewspancake housemineral spapolo park mallurban oasiselectric fireplaceexecutive suitegirls nightfront desk staffnewly renovated roomspool areabanquet managersteam roomroom serviceportage avenuecorner roomnice poolwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We try to have a nice spa day every so often as a couple without the kids. This time was the first time we included an overnight stay with no kids. It was also our first time at the Clarion for both the spa services and the hotel stay. We had a theme room, because we were unable to pull up the video showing the rooms on line prior to booking we had to wing it. The front desk staff were very courteous, our room was bigger than we expected, very clean and very quiet. We used the services of the spa which was very relaxing. I didn't notice anything different about the mineral pool that I had heard so much about. We were lucky that the hotel wasn't full of kids because the main pool is just on the other side of the spa area and I imagine it could get quite loud at times.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travellers608
CMRomaniuk, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Bonnie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are very lucky to have the spa on site as it does make for a relaxing get away for anyone who would like to partake.
I would like to take this opportunity to let you know what the difference is regarding the mineral pool. The mineral pool contains dead sea salt water that is beneficial for conditions such as rheumatological conditions, psoriasis, skin ageing, stress, insomnia, as well as muscle aches and pains. The temperature of the mineral pool is about 2 degrees warmer than the temperature of your body....thus allowing the body to absorb the minerals and release toxins.
As our complete renovations are right around the corner, we have also taken into account your comments regarding the main pools proximity to the spa area and we would like to ensure you that we have spoken to the design team to see what can be done to correct the situation.
We appreciate your comments regarding the courteous service that you received and that you enjoyed your services at the spa. We sincerely look forward to your next visit to the Clarion!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at the Clarion twice in December. I can't speak for everyone but for someone who lives in the Arctic, this hotel meets all of my requirements for a stay "down South."

First off, the staff were very courteous. We carry extra bags with us when we come down from Nunavut so we can bring back extra stuff when we return. We had to overnight in Winnipeg on the first night of our vacation and again on the last night of our vacation to Mexico. The staff were super helpful and let us store our large tote at the hotel while we were in Mexico because we would be returning 12 days later and would fill it up the day before we went back to the North. This helped us a great deal as we didn't want to carry this extra piece of luggage to Mexico and wouldn't be needing it until the last day of our vacation.

Secondly, the location of the hotel can't be beat. Awesome Earl's restaurant across the street, a great shopping mall (Polo Park), and a Silver City movie theatre. Coming from a small town in the North, this is exactly what I'm looking for when I get a few days in Winnipeg. I have stayed in downtown Winnipeg and I really didn't find that there was much to do down there. I much prefer this location. What's great about this hotel is that you don't need a car at all. They offer a free shuttle to the airport every hour and everything else is pretty much within walking distance of the hotel.

I've stayed at some of the airport hotels and while some of them are very nice, you really need a car or taxi if you want to do anything.

I can't comment on the food or pool as I didn't get a chance to use either (Earl's and Joeys right out the door... and a Starbucks in the mall entrance (a 2 min walk away)). My wife really enjoyed the spa services. They were a bit pricey but this is to be expected in hotels. Wifi was great and the room was clean. At the end of the day, those are two very important things to me.

This isn't a 5 star hotel and you aren't going to get pampered (unless you go to the spa!) but it was absolutely perfect for what I wanted on my couple of days in the Peg.

This is now my go-to hotel for all of my trips to Winnipeg. There are some other hotels that are closer to the airport that may be slightly nicer and that's fine if you just want to go crash for the night and fly out the next day, but for me, I like to get out and enjoy some of the things I don't get in the North.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Andrew C

Dear Andrew,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to ensure that our guests enjoy the best stay possible...we are extatic to hear that you noticed! We have a number of loyal guests that stay with us from Northern Manitoba and we are certain that this is not only because of our exceptional service, but also our convenient location. We are right across the street from Polo Park shopping centre, cinemas, and numerous restaurants. IKEA, Assinniboine Park, downtown Winnipeg and the airport are just minutes away. There is no need to go anywhere else....we are your one stop shop!
Once again Andrew, Thank You so much for posting your review. I will be sure to share your comments with our management and staff. We sincerely look forward to your next visit to the Clarion....safe travels!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just stayed at the Clarion for the first time. I was travelling with my busy two year old and a bit nervous about it as my husband wasn't with us. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful. The front desk staff were always so helpful and accommodating, the gentleman that drives the shuttle and does various other jobs was SO helpful and went out of his way to help me. We ordered room service for dinner, the food was not only great, reasonably priced but the lady who brought it up was sweet and accommodating also. The pool is the perfect temperature and using it was actually enjoyable, my little guy wasn't freezing and blue after 10 minutes like some pools. The hotel itself is clean, you don't feel the need to walk around the room in shoes and the bathrooms are clean and well looked after! Everything was perfect. The beds are very comfortable and so is the bedding. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and pleasant also. I LOVED our stay here and will always stay here when we are in town. We have to stay for a month in Winnipeg and have already booked our entire stay at the Clarion in Polo park! It's a walk to so many different restaurants, right across from a Starbucks, the mall, couldn't get a better location either!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jenn W

Dear Jenn,
WOW...Thank you for the feedback! We are so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know how stressful it can be staying at a new hotel by yourself with an infant and we are elated to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, curteous and accommodating. We take great pride in our employees as, to us, this is the key to success in the hotel industry. I will be sure to share your comments with both managment and staff.
Our maintenance and housekeeping departments will be excited to review your comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and guestrooms. They work tirelessly everyday to ensure that the hotel meets and exceeds the expectations of the franchise as well as the guest.
Jenn, once again, Thank you so bery much for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to Welcoming you back on day soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed one night on business mid week. Clean suite very comfortable bed. Great night sleep. Quick check in and check out. Friendly front desk staff. Lounge comfortable but could use a second inner door near front desk to keep the cold out. Or close off lounge area from lobby. Lounge hostess provided superb service. Hotel doesn't have own restaurant but meals from adjacent restaurant priced okay and good quality and portions. I'll be back. PS Doorman very helpful and has great sense of ha ha, but really? You're not a Jets fan. Go Oilers Go! Oh one more thing there is a great shopping mall right next door.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Richard R

Dear Richard,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! Our front desk, porter and lounge staff will be elated when they review your comments regarding their service. The managment here at the Clarion will be sure to give them a pat on the back for all of their hard work. As you can see, our staff goes above and beyond to ensure that our guests are well taken of.
Please note that we are about to begin our renovations and we have taken your comments regarding the lobby and lounge into consideration. We have noticed and understand that changes need to be made as it does get a little cool in those areas in the winter months. We are confident that a solution will be found and we are eager to get the renovations underway.
Once again Richard, Thank You for the feedback. We sincerely look forward to Welcoming you back on your next visit to Winnipeg...whether it be for business or pleasure.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I would like to comment on how excellent this hotel is. I have been staying here for a long time and we will not stay anywhere else. If the Clarion is all full and do not have any rooms available, we will change our plans to get a date when we can get a room here. We do not want to go anywhere else. The front desk staff here are just wonderful. They will go out of their way to give you the room you require. We were put on a smoking floor in a non smoking room however we have asthma and they were very fast in changing us to a different room on a nice floor. Love this place, the rooms are spacious and always clean. This hotel is the best hotel in Winnipeg and will always be our first choice.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are more spacious and the view toward the front street is great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Clairette Z

Dear Clairette,
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We take great pride in our attention to detail and exceptional customer service and it is nice to hear that it does not go unnoticed! I will be sure to share your comments with the management and staff. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Winnipeg!