“Finders Keepers”

Clarion Hotel Winnipeg
Ranked #20 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed December 2, 2003

I stayed at the Clarion on a number of occasions this year. The service usually ranged from mediocre to good. In August of this year, I had an unpleasant experience. I left behind an expensive pair of capri pants.
When I called the hotel and told them what happened they said they would get back to me. When I was contacted by a hotel employee they told me my pants had never been recovered. Ideally if the room was properly cleaned, my pants would have been recovered by housekeeping.
There are only two scenarios here: my pants were taken by a hotel employee who cleaned the room or left behind for the next guest to take. Either way the hotel is at fault as far as I am concerned. After faxing off a letter to the manager back in September/October, I have received no response to this situation. I intend to take this matter to the head office very soon. I would like to also say that a colleague of mine had left clothes behind in her room during March break of this year and the same thing happened to her. No clothes, no explanation and no apology. If your planning on staying at this hotel, make sure you keep an eye on your belongings and double check your room when you leave.

4  Thank Suzi-Q_08
Richard S, Manager at Clarion Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2015

Winnipeg MB
Reviewed November 11, 2003

My family recently held our parent's 50th wedding anniversary at the Clarion and of the 36 guests which stayed at the hote not one will EVER stay at the Clarion again, nor will any of them recommend it to anyone.
The customer service was non existant, reservations were incorrect and no matter what it was the customers fault NOT Clarion staff. The staff was sure to point this out. They SUCK!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 4, 2003

I had a great experience at this hotel. I was in Winnipeg on business and I stayed there for a week. The staff was always there to give me directions and ideas on what to do. They were very friendly. The spa was amazing it was better than anything I have been to. The hotel itself was beautiful and it made my week a whole lot easier.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Reviewed September 1, 2003

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel for two weeks this summer (July 16-31) while on business. It was difficult to leave. I had an executive suite with a kitchenette. This included a microwave, mini fridge and sink which I used everyday. Let me tell you what made my stay so memorable. The king-size beds were luxurious and soft, with four huge fluffy pillows. I had two large TV's, one in the bedroom and the other in the sitting area. All countertops were granite. I had a huge desk with a comfy leather chair and internet hookup. The carpet was plush, bathroom floor had amazing tile. It was a wonderful suite to come home to after a long day at work. The service was excellent, and friendly. We had shuttle service to almost anywhere we wanted to go. The pool area was beautiful with a waterslide that I used many times. Going down the slide head-first (I don't think it was allowed actually) was a great stress reliever. The hotel is perfectly situated...close to many fine restaurants, Polo Park mall, Winnipeg Stadium and the airport. My only complaint......they charged me for local calls, which translates to CHEAP!!!!

Brandon, MB
Reviewed August 18, 2003

We stayed at the Clarion in Winnipeg on 2 separate occasions this spring. Each time, repeated phone calls to the front desk for service were not answered (one was answered on the 15th ring!) and incoming calls from outside the hotel were lost, causing family members and business associates trouble and additional long distance charges.

When the problem was brought to management's attention, it was dismissed as unimportant and it was explained that not having enough staff on hand to handle the demand of busy weekends was an ongoing problem (although one of the nights we stayed was a weekday).

If service is not outstanding, why stay there?

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Winnipeg MB Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2003

The waterpark at the clarion was absoloutly stunning. Fun for the entire family. A beautiful hotel with good service.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed July 30, 2003

My family and I visited the Clarion Hotel as part of our vacation. They had a beautiful lobbey, amazing rooms and the water park was breathtaking. The water slide was a Blast. They had a beautiful salon and the service was good.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member