“Great variety of productions”

Manitoba Theatre Centre (MTC)
Ranked #31 of 183 things to do in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Manitoba
248 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Great variety of productions”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The current production is Daddy Longlegs straight from London's West End complete with cast and sets. How awesome is that and the costs aren't London prices! Every year we have a great selection. Something or everyone's taste.

Visited March 2013

Winnipeg
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A very nice theater with an interesting program”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I really like this theater. Basically, you can have a great view wherever you are seated and acoustic is very good. They usually have a very good, non conventional programming. What I particularly enjoy....Last play I saw there "Penelopiad" ...it wasn't the best I have seen, actually I was really surprised as the reviews were OUTSTANDING, 4* etc etc ...and I do not agree at all.

Visited March 2013
Dauphin, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“The Absolute Best Attraction in Winnipeg!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and recently enjoyed the current MTC offering, Ed's Garage.
The MTC building has been built to perfection. Great sight lines and wonderful acoustics complete the experience. The staff are all very professional and helpful. The actors are wonderful. They bring the play to life and make you feel the full experience. We always enjoy a chance to see one of their plays. Winnipeg is very fortunate to have such a fine professional theatre and theatre company!!

1 Thank Dauphindave
Cobourg, Canada
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Facility”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

On a recent visit to Winnipeg we had the pleasure of seeing two productions at MTC, one in each theatre. Both were excellent although very different. I would certainly be interested in attending other productions on future visits to Winnipeg. One thing though - if I were to sit in the balcony again I would hightail it as fast as I could to the washroom in the intermission. Three cubicles in the Women's Washroom is nowhere near enough! In addition, you cannot hear the warning bell when waiting in line close to the washroom itself. About six of us had to enter the theatre after the second act had started and trip over the unfortunate people between the aisle and our seats.

Visited February 2013
WInnipeg
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice to have on those -40 nights!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Winnipeg is very lucky to have such a successful theatre that bring in the best in theatre. It's a great place to run away to when the weather is cold and you need a night out.

Visited February 2012