“Unique -- Worth a Visit”
Review of Mercadito Latino

Mercadito Latino
Ranked #161 of 1,641 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Latin, Salvadoran, Central American, Mexican, Spanish, Guatemalan, South American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Winnipeg
“Unique -- Worth a Visit”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I would say it's family-operated. Very nice people. Interesting menu which describes each dish. Other than a few appetizers, tamales, etc., the entrees are mostly combo meals ranging from $9.00 to $12.00. Portions are quite small for the price and not overly filled but the food is very tasty. I appreciate the fact that it's authentic South American more than Mexican. I would like to see listed on the menu a couple side dishes like refried beans, the cabbage salad, etc.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank MKS2010

winnipeg
“Delicious South American food!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a tiny restaurant at the back of a Latino grocery store, with only a few tables, so we were happy to get seat for a Saturday lunch. I had a combo consisting of a bean and cheese pupusa, a corn tamale, and a rigua (a sweet corn pancake), all of which were delicious! The pupusa was especially nice; very soft and flavourful. The service was great - friendly and helpful, happy to share the culture of their food. I also had a horchata, a Latin rice milk beverage spiced with cinnamon, nuts, and vanilla. We'll definitely be going back, even though it is on the opposite side of the city from where we live.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank mfishie
Winnipeg, Canada
“Small size, Big Taste”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Tucked at the back of a Latino grocery, one might be suspect of this little cafe. It is tiny - there are only 12 seats over 4 tables. My wife and I visited with another couple and were lucky to get the one 4 seat table.
The food and service were wonderful. My wife and I enjoyed vegetarian options on classic tamale and pupusas while our friends had chicken taco soup and chicken quesadilla and burrito.We were all very pleased and will be visiting again!

• Visited January 2013