“Delicious South American food!”
Review of Mercadito Latino

Mercadito Latino
Ranked #270 of 1,670 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Guatemalan, Salvadoran, Central American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a tiny restaurant at the back of a Latino grocery store, with only a few tables, so we were happy to get seat for a Saturday lunch. I had a combo consisting of a bean and cheese pupusa, a corn tamale, and a rigua (a sweet corn pancake), all of which were delicious! The pupusa was especially nice; very soft and flavourful. The service was great - friendly and helpful, happy to share the culture of their food. I also had a horchata, a Latin rice milk beverage spiced with cinnamon, nuts, and vanilla. We'll definitely be going back, even though it is on the opposite side of the city from where we live.

3  Thank mfishie

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Tucked at the back of a Latino grocery, one might be suspect of this little cafe. It is tiny - there are only 12 seats over 4 tables. My wife and I visited with another couple and were lucky to get the one 4 seat table.
The food and service were wonderful. My wife and I enjoyed vegetarian options on classic tamale and pupusas while our friends had chicken taco soup and chicken quesadilla and burrito.We were all very pleased and will be visiting again!

2  Thank GEFisher