“Basic hotel close to University of Manitoba”

Best Western Plus Pembina Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Decent rooms close to the University. Staff were friendly and accomodating. Did not use the pool. Has exercise room with weightlifting equipment. Room comes with complimentary breakfast however no fruit or yogurt available.

Room Tip: Asked for a quiet room and were provided a top floor room which was good.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, pleasant, hotel in Winnipeg with an excellent breakfast included, look no further. The Best Western Plus on Pembina Hwy is all you need to know. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on a family trip in Winnipeg, Manitoba recently and stayed at the Pembina Inn for both nights we were there. We chose it for the convenient location and ease of access. It's nice to be able to find your hotel easily in an unfamiliar city - especially at night. We found the directions to the hotel very easy to follow - so thanks to the Best Western website for that extra information. The room was excellently appointed - having a very comfortable bed, and a very comfortable arm chair also! The hotel amenities are excellent - the pool and hot tub were very well set up - and the pool area was well kept, with lots of chairs and towels available to just lounge around and/or watch your children on the water slide and in the pool. The breakfast was excellent both times and this hotel has a dedicated area with tables that is well appointed and also gives availability for coffee, tea and juices on an all day basis - in an area where you can read your paper or use your computer as well. It definitely has an excellent set up for business use in addition to being a very family friendly hotel for leisure travel. I will definitely use it again next time we are in Winnipeg and would strongly recommend it to anyone when in Winnipeg.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was posted for 10 days in Winnipeg and stayed at the BW Pembina Inn. My experience was excellent. My room was on the 4th floor (top floor) and was very quiet. The housekeeping staff were amazing. They responded to my requests for coffee cup lids, extra towels with no problems. They always welcomed me in the morning with a smile and hello in the hallway. Now I have to mention Linda at the front desk. She is truly a gem. Linda was always ready to make my stay comfortable. In fact, on the Friday, I came in with a bottle of wine. Linda took the time to find a choice of wine glasses for me to take to my room...plastic or glass. I was ready to use the regular glasses in my room. It was nice that she was thinking ahead for me. That's something I wouldn't get in many hotels. One night, I was having trouble with my telephone in the room. Within minutes, the front desk manager was in my room fixing it. If I was to return to Winnipeg, I would most certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The kids enjoyed the pool and the room overall. ThE KIDS i BABYSIT THOUGHT WE ARE GOING TO STAY There forever. The only thing I didn't like was there is not room service and they only offer breakfast so it would be nice if they have a restaurant inside it so instead of going out at night and looking for a place to eat.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow, I have been to plenty of hotels but this one far outshines all others !!! First of all the staff, including the owner, are incredibly helpful. Reception ( Linda especially) were very kind, resourceful and always went above and beyond to ensure your stay was fantastic. I have never been to a hotel, where the owner of the hotel sat down with us and asked us how are stay was and if there was anything more he could do, and visited with us :-)
the hotel was sparkling clean, including the rooms ( which were spacious, well decorated and the beds were to die for, so incredibly comfortable !!!! ) They offer a varied and well stocked breakfast buffet, complete with waffle maker. and in the afternoons soup ( really good) and chips/salsa are served for you to help yourself too. The hotel is primarily located and a hospital is within 10 minutes. There is a Starbucks, Quesno's and Wendy's right beside the hotel and tons of other shops, like Shoppers Drug Mart, Superstore, Value Village ( across the street) etc,.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Staff took time to make sure all our needs were addressed in a polite and courteous manner even though I must admit some of my questions were after some thought mighty dumb but probably typical for a tourist.