“very good ex”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #1,096 of 1,697 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed January 13, 2013

homey atmosphere but no christmas carols very good employees lots of parking nice clean washrooms nice reception area

Reviewed December 14, 2012

very good food, love the ribs and the chicken. they have different combinations you can order. price is on the high side of average., but then all food prices are going up. only one in the city, could be more. service was great, wait was short. you can call in for pick up or delivery.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was my choice for my birthday family dinner, just because of a $50 gift card from a hotel reward...heard it's always crowded, so i called ahead for reservation but unfortunately, they're not taking any reservations. We arrived a little after 7pm on a Thursday night, parking was crowded but we managed to squeeze into a space. A little bit surprised that we got a table for 5. The assigned server was quick to hand out menus, she was very dynamic and cheerful, but took a little while to take orders and it took longer (a good 25 minutes) for the food to come out. Food server (who was not our assigned server) seemed to have had the worst day of her miserable life, didn't acknowledged us, the customers, no greetings, no smile, nothing.... seems like she was about to quit her job. Anyhow, I still enjoyed the night knowing that I'm getting $50 off of my total cost (thanks to the gift card). Ambience and atmosphere was good, great for family dining...Food was typical of Cara restaurants, nothing fancy...but kids loved their spring rolls. I tried one of their chicken dinners in white meat for extra $1.50 and may not do so again (not worth the extra $1.50), i knew it's not as tasty as the dark meat but i wasn't expecting it to be that bland...Servings were generous though.

1  Thank blue_angel1175
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We often go to Swiss Chalet, we also hit them in Saint John, Halifax and so on. Very consistent.

I usually get a 1/4 chicken dinner with home made fries. The chicken is always very good. The chicken with salad is also great. The chicken quesadilla, is a favourite of my wife's.

Nice clean restaurants with pretty good service. Many of these establishments could use some training in manners. "How may I help you this evening" instead of how you you guys. And perfect as an answer, like I will have coffee please answer... PERFECT???

As restaurants go it is not as noisy as some. Over great!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

On Oct 19/12 at about 4:30pm we stopped in for an early supper. I was directed to a middle section table for 4, there was 2 of us. I asked the waitress for a booth , as there were 4 booths in use. The waitress "? told me the booths were closed. I could clearly see that there were several booths available. We sat and watched as several people were getting there order taken and no one even acknowledged us. I waited another 5 minutes while several staff were talking by the entrance. There was no rush as a matter of fact there was probably 20 patrons in the whole place. The service never arrived so we left and went to montana's where I was seated and attended to in a prompt manner. I won't say I won't go there again but it will be along time before I go back. Very disapointed.........

3  Thank evey55