“Crappy service”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #1,108 of 1,637 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
winnipeg
“Crappy service”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

On Oct 19/12 at about 4:30pm we stopped in for an early supper. I was directed to a middle section table for 4, there was 2 of us. I asked the waitress for a booth , as there were 4 booths in use. The waitress "? told me the booths were closed. I could clearly see that there were several booths available. We sat and watched as several people were getting there order taken and no one even acknowledged us. I waited another 5 minutes while several staff were talking by the entrance. There was no rush as a matter of fact there was probably 20 patrons in the whole place. The service never arrived so we left and went to montana's where I was seated and attended to in a prompt manner. I won't say I won't go there again but it will be along time before I go back. Very disapointed.........

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank evey55

“Good Food, Good Price”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I really enjoyed our recent visit to Swiss Chalet. Will be heading back there again for our daughter's birthday. The food portions are great, the service was quite good too! We went on a Saturday, and even though they were busy, they were accurate with our order and paid attention to our water glasses when they were empty. For the 3 of us to eat, it was just over $40 dollars before tax and tip. I think that is pretty reasonable. One thing to note is, that you will probably wait a little extra time for your meal when it is busy in there, but I think that would be the case with most other restaurants anyways.
All around, a very good experience and evening out for some casual dining.

• Visited September 2012
Nelson House, Manitoba
“A terrible waste of time”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Placed an order for delivery which took an incredibly long time and involved a transfer to a second person for no apparent reason. Then sat and waited and waited and waited. Finally we called in to a confused individual who couldn't find the order. Eventually they located it and explained that they had wanted to call and tell us that they wouldn't be delivering the order because they realized we were outside their zone. They had, however, written down our number wrong. So no food was coming or would be coming. We were offered a small credit but had just wasted 1.5 hours with a hungry family including kids. AVOID!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank jac_rant
Winnipeg, Canada
“Its has been too long between visits”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

After an absence of far to many years, Swiss Chalet has returned to Winnipeg. I have enjoyed the food and service in the past and this time was no exception. The portions were good. The serving staff appeared as if they may have needed a bit more training as our server seemed to miss small details.

• Visited July 2012
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We ate at Swiss Chalet yesterday for lunch.

We had the 1/4 chicken dinner with a tossed salad as our side. Not a bad lunch for under $10. Chicken was moist, portion was small to average, service was excellent. Our server Aaron was very attentive to my toddler and was very prompt in bringing drinks etc. Very personable...clearly he loves his job as he was very good at it. More than I can say for the manager who assisted in bringing out our food who looked stressed and frowny faced.

Nothing wrong with this place, although I certainly wouldn't rush back in here a hurry. In fact, if I never ate here again I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Just average, nothing special, not memorable.

Visited July 2012