“Nothing Special”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #1,094 of 1,701 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We ate at Swiss Chalet yesterday for lunch.

We had the 1/4 chicken dinner with a tossed salad as our side. Not a bad lunch for under $10. Chicken was moist, portion was small to average, service was excellent. Our server Aaron was very attentive to my toddler and was very prompt in bringing drinks etc. Very personable...clearly he loves his job as he was very good at it. More than I can say for the manager who assisted in bringing out our food who looked stressed and frowny faced.

Nothing wrong with this place, although I certainly wouldn't rush back in here a hurry. In fact, if I never ate here again I wouldn't feel like I was missing out on anything. Just average, nothing special, not memorable.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I used to love Swiss Chalet and I was excited to see one open up in Winnipeg. We went there last weekend with the expectation of good food. Well, the food was fine but the service was lacking.

We were seated pretty quickly but our server was slow to make the first contact. At first I wasn't sure which of the people rushing past our table without a glance was our server, until I saw the right nametag and asked if our server would be coming soon. He said he was distracted with a payment issue, which was fine, but all he had to do was say "I'll be right with you" one time when he passed our table.

Our kids were given sheets to draw on but no crayons. I went to ask at the front desk and they said they ran out yesterday. Hey... there's a Wal-Mart across the parking lot... I had to go to our van and get our own pens.

The food arrived in good time and it was fine. We supposedly had free refills on our drinks but they were never refilled, even with our empty glasses perched on the edge of the table, and we were not asked if we wanted any refills. I had to ask for utensils as there were none given us initially.

All in all, the food was fine, the price was fine, but the service is definitely lacking. These kinds of issues should have been worked out by now.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We went in with such high expectations, so I was pretty let down. I've never been to a Swiss Chalet, but is has always seemed so popular. Now that I've been, I'm not too sure why?

1  Thank Marjorie P
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Started going to this restaurant back in the 80:s before they closed when my daughter was just more than a toddler. Now my daughter is a young adult and the food is still great. a good family restaurant. Chicken juicy and tasty. shrimp appealing and love the sauce for dipping. Portion size is fair for what you pay. can't wait till they build one closer to home, kenaston is just out of the way. Service was good on this visit, no waiting at 4:30 pm on a friday.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

At long last, Winnipeg has a Swiss Chalet! It was a delight to visit this new location. Food was good and the service excellent!