Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park
$79
Agoda.com
$86
  • Restaurant
All reviewspolo parktaxi voucherin house restaurantbreakfast buffetleave your carco workersrooms are bigfront desk staffhotel is cleanwalk in showerfree shuttlean early morning flightshopping and restaurantspool and hot tubbusiness tripcomfortable bedsyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I recently completed a 2 night stay at the Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Polo Park. This Holiday Inn is a great example of the corporate wide makeover going on at Holiday Inn to make their hotels more modern, upscale and comfortable. The hotel is located very close to the Winnipeg International Airport, so that made it great for my purposes. The hotel is further from downtown Winnipeg, but not too bad of a drive if the weather is good.
Upon check-in I was greeted by the very friendly staff and was greeted as an IHG Platinum member. The lobby is spacious and modern. It actually has a cool vibe for a Holiday Inn. I had a king room, and it was really nice. It had everything I want in a modern business class hotel. There was a great place to work with plenty of power outlets. A large LCD TV and free fast wi-fi. The bathroom was clean and modern with a nice shower (which is great instead of a tub!)
I found the bed and seating area very comfortable and I actually slept very well.
If I have two small complaints about the hotel, it is these. First, I hate two dinners and a breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The food for all three meals was actually quite tasty, but the service just wasn't that good. I think for all three the servers were understaffed and under trained, especially at breakfast. My only other complaint is that during my stay there was a major blizzard and I felt the hotel did a poor job of clearing the parking lot and de-icing the walkways around the back of the hotel where most of the parking is.
Again these are small gripes. I would still stay at the hotel again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I chose this hotel because it was close to the aiport and had a restaurant. Because I knew I would be arriving in late evening, I was looking forward to checking in, relaxing in my room and ordering room service from the on-site restaurant. I must tell you, there is no room service here. You can order "take-in" here from their restaurant. Order, they'll call you when it's ready, and you go downstairs to pick it up yourself. Not a huge deal, but not exactly what I was after.
Anyway - the rest of the review. There is plenty of parking at the back of the hotel. The lobby is quite nice, ultra modern, and clean looking. The front desk staff were friendly, can't say the same for the bar/restaurant staff.
My room was extremely spacious and clean. There was a desk area, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, basic ammentities. The bed was comfortable and everything worked - the phone was a cordless! Neat.
The age of this hotel does show in certain areas off the hotel, hallways, doorways. The renos are well done, though. It was a nice hotel.
The food from the restaurant was disappointing, though. I ordered a steak that was fairly disappointing. My "take in" order was cold by the time I ate it after carrying it on the plate (no tray to help carry the plate, maybe some ketchup for the fries, salt/pepper, etc.) and the soft drink was a bottle of pop that I had to find ice for mself.
Other than the restaurant quality and service, the hotel is good. Good location and spacious room.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, it does sadden us to hear that we did not delivery on our promise to make all guest feel comfortable and welcome. You are correct we have introduced a new meal service for guests wanting eat in their meals in their room. The New concept with our hotel is called Take –In Service, guest are welcome to place an order –we will call you when is ready-so you can come pick-up when you’re ready. Since receiving your review we have installed must-does for the staff to better service our guests. We have also improved how dinners are packages and presented. We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you how we have improved our service. Once again thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport Polo Park we do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here two nights in September and the newly modernised rooms were really great, apart from the bathroom that had a shower curtain that it was impossible to keep inside the tray so therefore water flooded onto the bathroom floor, and there was not sufficient soap tray to hold soap, shampoo and conditioner so you had to leave the latter two on the toilet seat that added to more water on the bathroom floor. The designer here got it badly wrong. The rest of the stay was great, nice staff good bed nice and quiet and I slept well both nights. Never had breakfast as I left early on second day. Would come back if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Yorkie 1948
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I would like to apologize for the less-than-satisfactory experiences you had in your guestroom. I can confirm that we did have a few rooms that the shower curtains were a little short, we have since fix this problem. We are also working on ensure that all our bathrooms are equipped with proper soap dishes and shelving to hold all your bath products.
Once again I thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring back to Winnipeg.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel is very convenient!! It's 5 mins away from the airport, the best steakhouse in town "The Chop House" there's a gas station 1 block away, Starbucks 2 block away, Booster juice 2 block away and the movie theatre 4 block away.

They have dinner specials, when I was there they had tacos for $1.50 each!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Elise street, otherwise the view is not exciting....
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear ClimberKiddo

Thank you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. Our location is great and close to much of what Winnipeg has to offer including a number of great restaurants and bars. Once again thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Hopefully we will be able to host your next visit to Winnipeg.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in Winnipeg 1/2 a dozen times this year and decided to try a new hotel.
Lobby is sparse but clean.
Staff was very friendly and helpful with my fouled reservation... Not their fault.
King bed was comfortable and room was well kept up and clean.
Location is quiet and only 10-14 minutes from downtown.
Restaurant has kind of a cheap vibe, and my burger was previously frozen, but the price was fair and the service was good.
I will stay here again next trip.
The safe, quiet location is worth the other short comings.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business