“Slept Well But The Green Has To Go” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park

Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Slept Well But The Green Has To Go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds and pleasant staff. But the bright green walls in the hallway have to go. It made the year old renovation look tired and outdated. The rooms, however were very modern and clean.
The bathroom was very small and the door hit the toilet when open.

The staff were very helpful and the shuttle drivers very friendly. Would recommend for anyone staying in town.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Hockleyhussey:
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words, everyone here at the hotel appreciates knowing that they have done their job in providing a memorable stay for each and every guest, and it is especially gratify to have our guest take time out their busy day to let us know we have done our job. We look forward to welcoming you back to Winnipeg and our hotel.

Sorry about the green, but it is the Holiday Inn signature color.
Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Camby, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days this week. Everyone in the lobby and bar were very nice, guy at front desk even changed my room to something further away from the elevator. Rooms are very nice and spacious, was pleased. The only issue I had was that when I returned from my meeting around 2pm the next day, the room had not yet been cleaned. It really wasn't a huge issue since I was leaving for the airport early the next morning, but it was still very surprising.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Melissa;
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I would like to apologize for the less-than-satisfactory experiences you had in your guestroom. I can assure you that this is not the norm of the service we provide. Our team strives to provide exceptional service for our guests. It is our goal to ensure our guests leave with lasting memorable moments, I do hope that you will give the opportunity to show just how much we appreciate your business by considering to stay with again should your travelers bring you back to Winnipeg.
Oakville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Recently stayed one night for business a this facility and expected better from a Holiday Inn.
The hotel was clean and the staff were helpful when asked for driving directions however the decor is done in th egarish green logo colour which and the hotel was a little tired.

Two room complaints centered ni the washroom - 1) the door barely cleared the toilet when opening and closing and the bath mat could not be placed anywhere such that it wasn't swept by the door swing, 2) the towels were sandpaper texture and the toilet paper was a shock that paper extrusion can yield such a thin , transpaent product .... a complete false sense of cost savings that I usually see in Asia.

Frankly I couldn't see any value for the higher brand ranking Holiday Inn vs a HI Express except that there was no free express breakfast !

I will not stay here again !

Room Tip: Choose Holiday Innn Express or another company !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Larson-7
Dear Valued guest;
Thank you for your review. We are very concerned by your feedback as your experience was in no way reflective of the exemplary standards of service, cleanliness and overall quality that guests should expect from our hotel. Our General Manager and Executive Committee are aware of your feedback and we are in the process of addressing each issue that you report. I'm sorry that our corporate green is not your color. We will ensure that your experience is not repeated and appreciate your bringing these issues to our attention via Trip Advisor
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Quite a surprise for my wife and I as we have favoured Hampton Inns for the past 3 years.
This is a new Holiday Inn and unlike what I remember them as. It has a beautiful open space lobby, dining and coffee area. All surfaces are clad in durable coverings that are modern and easy to care for. We like the look.

Our room is very comfortable and modern employing greys, beiges and dark brown. The two queen size beds are quite comfortable with a lot of attention to detail such as a larger than normal night table between the beds with a large drawer and great lighting for ambience and reading (4 positionable LED goosenecks). Lots of desk space for our two laptops and 3 large drawers for clothing. A good size refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker takes care of more than our basic needs. The bathroom is average size but very modern and well organized/designed.

I recommend this hotel and will be looking at other Holiday Inn properties in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gary
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for your kind words, everyone here at the hotel appreciates knowing that they have done their job in providing a memorable stay for each and every guest, and it is especially gratify to have our guests take time out of their busy day to let us know about their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Winnipeg.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel, great room, semi-friendly staff. But come on....no complimentary coffee in the lobby, especially in the morning...this puts you down to only 4 stars. (And, yes, I know I can make it in my room, but only powdered creamer, ugh :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
First, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to provide your feedback. I have shared your comments with our General Manager and Restaurant Manager to see if this might be something we can offer in future. I do hope that you will provide us with the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Winnipeg.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was an amazing stay! Great location! Couldn't get any better! I stayed in the suites with a huge king size bed which was so comfortable and the pillows were so soft. The suite also had a pulled out couch. The room had a fridge and a microwave. Felt like I was at home! The pool wad also amazing. Great for kids! Overall the hotel is so nice and modern and I had a wonderful stay! :)

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your kind words, everyone here at the hotel appreciates knowing that they have done their job in providing a memorable stay for each and every guest, and it is especially gratify to have our guest take time out their busy day to let us know we have done our job. We look forward to welcoming you back to Winnipeg and our hotel. Thank you again.
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I always stays in Holiday inn as I collect the points. I have been transferred to Winnipeg and I reserved a room at that hotel for 9 days. After being on the road for 5 days and being tired I arrived at the Holiday Inn and the Lobby was full of Aboriginal Refugee(they called them that). I was assured that I was in a quiet part of the hotel and that they were leaving the next day.
After I unloaded the truck and did two trips and always fighting with kids that were alone for the elevator. I finally arrived in my room. Room was clean but small. Again I was there for 9 days and I am a Platinum Member.

That was the beginning of the end for me. From the moment we were in the room, all I could hear until 3:30 am.. yes 3:30 am.. were kids screaming in the hallway and adult screaming at kids and Door slamming. After calling twice, they said they would send a security guard up there but the banging and screaming never stopped.

When I got up to go to work, I stopped at front desk and they informed me that those people around my room were there until the 2nd of August and they understand. He wanted me to talk to the manager when I was coming back from work.
I immediately called my wife and asked her to find another hotel. Which she did and we moved out.
What is really sad about this is I am a good customer on the Holliday inn and they preferred their non paying guest to do whatever they wanted and disturbed all the other guest.

I am appalled that this had to happen and will never stay or recommend that hotel to anyone.
I went across the road at the Sandman for the next 8 days and I was treated right.

Room Tip: Dont take a chance
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paulmarch
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Mr. P March
Thank you for your review. We are very concerned by your feedback as your experience was in no way reflective of the exemplary standards of service that every guest should expect from our hotel. We tried to have everything covered by working with the organizer in charge of the group, including security personal walking the floors in an effort to keep the children from running the halls. We will be contacting you directly to apologize. Our General Manager and Executive Committee are aware of your feedback and we are in the process of addressing each issue that you reported. We will ensure that your experience is not repeated and appreciate your bringing this problem to our attention.