“If you have to go to Winnipeg” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park

Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park
Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Sartell, Minnesota, United States
“If you have to go to Winnipeg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The grounds around the building could use a good sweeping? I think it is a Winnipeg thing. Everywhere we travelled, the city was dusty/dirty looking with a lot of roadside debris. Maybe the city needed a good rain to wash away the dirt or something.The interior of the hotel was very clean and appeared to be maintained. The room was the same, clean and fresh looking. The downside was poor lighting in the room and the bathroom was really small. If the room is clean and it was...works for me.

The hotel is close to the airport and the Polo Park Mall and several restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Mark M
Pardon us for the late response,Thank you for your remarks. Your comments help us increase our learning and give us the opportunity to review our standards and levels of service. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I attended this location on a work conference. I found the outside to be boring but the inside was a nice surprise. Evening front desk guy was really busy when I went down to get a snack. I had to wait awhile and then he got a weird call. He ended up giving me my snacks on him - great customer service! I did not expect that in spite of the wait. Room was great, bed was fantastic & I slept amazing on it. Lounge staff was a bit slow in attending but very nice.

Dear Saskcitygirl;
Thank you. It was a great pleasure to read your kind review which you have posted on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, that our location was well suited to your needs and that you received great service from our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to our great city.
Brookings, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a business trip in Winnipeg. The contemporary decor and was fine however the building design is poor. The bathroom in my room was the smallest I've ever seen and the door to the ajoining room blocked absolutely no sound. I could hear my neighbors conversations clearly as well as their alarm (a bit earlier than I wanted to get up). The quality of the restaurant was good however service was slow and a bit overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Only saw my own room but perhaps a suite would have more space and less noise.
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Adam K,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am pleased you found our property clean. My apologies for falling short of your expectations with the building design and the service you received. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sherwood Park, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recenlty spent 3 days at this proeprty on business in one of the lower floor suites. The stay was basically unremarkable however I did encounter a few little things that were missing and could affect future travellers. Number 1 was the lack of proper room lighting. I was in a suite with an ajoining bedroom. The suite proper had a desk lamp and a floor lamp however it was difficult to spend any time in this area of the suite due to the poor lighting if one was doing any form of paper work or trying to read the newspaper There were also a couple of recessed lights over the microwave/counter/sink area but again the wattage of the light bulbs was so low
I would have to go into the bedroom to either read and or do any form of paper work. There were more lamps in the bedroom than the suite proper so collectively on was able to read/write etc. Number 2 was the lack of any ledge/shelving in the shower which by the way was big and bright. There was a small soap dish on the wall that would hold a bar of hotel soap and nothing more. If one had shampoo or conditionaer bottles or ones own soap dish you had to put them on the floor of the shower. What the shower needs is shelf in one corner of the shower to leave these condiments. I think any elderly people would find it extremely hard and somewhat dangerous if they were subjected to placing the shampoo etc., on the floor when not in use, but even more so if they have to constanly bend down and pick these items up. The fan noise in the bathroom is also rather loud. Number 3 is that in this particular suite there is a microwave oven, a fridge and a sink however forget about trying to find any paper plates/plastic cutlery etc. It doesn't exist. Coffee cups are paper and drinking cups are plastic and if anything cheapens the place. At over $200.00 per night you would think a paper plate and some plastic cutlery would come with the room! There is an on site restaurant so I would think that is why the suite was cutlery free. One final complaint I have is with the "work out room". There are a minimum number of tv channels in this room and only one sports channel. Again the property is cheapened by this lack of television viewing in the work out room. I am not certain if I would stay at this property in the future even though it has only been opened for 7 months.

1 Thank redcoat70
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear redcoat70,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry for the issues that made your stay less than satisfactory especially with your room's condition. Your feedback has been noted and this will be used to further improve on our efforts. We take the confidence our guests place in us to rectify any unsatisfactory circumstances.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A group of us stayed for a conference for several days. We were all impressed by the great hospitality and friendliness of the staff. The food in the restaurant was enjoyable and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear TMacP

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Holiday Inn Winnipeg Arport Polo Park. The best compliment that we can possibly receive is that our guests can say that they would recommend us to other travelers. Thank you again for this. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to our great city.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Polo Park several times and will continue to return. It's location is great: 5 minutes away from both Polo Park shopping centre & the airport. There is shuttle available from the hotel to the airport, as well you can arrange to leave your car there while you are away. The hotel is newly renovated so everything is modern with a relaxing color scheme. In the lobby there is ice chilled cucumber or lemon water (no charge), as well as 2 Mac computer stations. The food is great: I would recommend the chicken strips with "hub chips", as well as the eggs benedict at the breakfast station. If you are going with children, the pool area is great. There is a well equipped gym, as well as a steam room. The rooms are nice: comfy beds, flat screen tv and roller blinds (instead of curtains that never seem to keep out the light!). They have a choice of firm or soft pillows and there is a fridge & microwave in the room. The suites would be a great option for a family: a separate bedroom with a king bed, a small kitchen area (with fridge, sink & microwave) & a pull out couch. Staff are friendly and attentive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Baumung from Brandon,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport Polo Park and thank you for leaving a wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Hub meals and our comfortable guestroom and décor. I can assure you the owners and staffs understand what it takes to keep our hotel fresh and clean year over year and will work very hard to keep the provide the very best in hotel comfort and customer satisfaction. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about us, we look forward to having you stay with us again. All the Best
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just stayed there. Very modern, never stayed at a hotel quite like this. I was impressed with the staff and the food in the restaurant. Had a breakfast buffet for $15 and the chef makes you eggs benedict or omelettes right there. Weight room had lots of equip. and the pool area is perfect for kids. Price was decent too

Room Tip: Suites are huge
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear Jump serve from Brandon, thank you, it sounds like you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our team strives to create lasting memorable moments for our guests’ and we are glad that we were able to do this for you. I hope that you will be seeing you again should your travels bring into Winnipeg in the future. Thank you again.