Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park
Priceline
$88
$74
Priceline
All reviewspolo parktaxi voucherin house restaurantbreakfast buffetleave your carco workersrooms are bigfront desk staffhotel is cleanwalk in showeran early morning flightfree shuttleshopping and restaurantshot tubcomfortable bedsbusiness tripyogurt
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stay 3 days for work at the Holiday Inn Polo Park. The accommodations are really nice, my room had a 2 queen size bedroom, and all the furniture are up to date: chocolate desk, Grey wall, green and grey floor.. The pressure of the water in the shower and the heat are perfect, Employees are really friendly and ready to help you. The pool is not the biggest ever seen but it's enough to swim, there is a bathtub into the pool area and the gym have the necessary machines. The hotel food from the restaurant (a la carte) wasn't what I expected for, but we eat there 2 times a day (buffet) for our convention and it was correct.

The wifi internet is really good, except for the basement where the connection isn't working really well (in the other convention room), but overall is was perfect.

The hotel is close to restaurants, the Polo Park a shopping Center and the movie theater. The shuttle will be able to bring you near the hotel as you need (Polo Park is one of them).

Going to stay there if I need to come back in Winnipeg!

• Stayed: February 2013
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Francess24, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words, everyone here at the hotel appreciates knowing that they have done their job in providing a memorable stay for each and every guest, and it is especially gratify to have our guest take time out their busy day to let us know we have done our job. We look forward to welcoming you back to Winnipeg and our hotel. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This Holiday Inn is located so close to the Winnipeg Intl. (YWG) airport and being new it justifiably deserves a few comments, compliments and recommendations.
First impression: Über-modern, clean, interesting & inviting, felt homey with the large electronic, flat screen-style fireplace and daily newspapers at your finger tips, and there is an open, un-obstructed view of the entire floor. Staff is courteous, attentive and friendly. Being a priority club member the check-in was quick and simple.
The hotel facility has a restaurant (regular menu in the evenings and a morning buffet-style), a lounge with fairly large screen TVs, a few booths have cable TV to watch while you eat, an adequate sized bar, and an area to socialize and play Xbox games. The manager later said this is called the HUB, which is one of a few style HI hotel facilities in Canada. Awesome!
What was really nice about this hotel is that it has a steam and shower room, a Jacuzzi and a pool. The pool has a water fountain for children and the pool itself is no deeper than 1 meter. The pool is great for kids to play in but not so good if you want to do lap swimming. Only thing missing is a slide. My interest was in the steam/shower room and jacuzzi! We found it all relaxing and wonderful. One other perk I checked out was the fitness center which can be found close to the steam/shower room. Though small and with the usual fitness equipment I doubt a hotel this large would require anything more. Kudos for trying to attract healthy living life-style clientele.
Our room was clean, warm, very comfortable and everything a traveler (business or family) would come to expect – and more! I asked for an average room and it came with an über comfortable queen-sized bed and a few regular pillows and a few soft pillows for added comfort. I particularly liked the new, flat screen (HD) TV, low noise mini-fridge (aww, no mini-liquor bottles or canned beer!), and it did have a mini-coffee maker with bottled water. Also, there was a lot of space to walk around the room. This HI hotel I’ve stayed at that uses an rfid (card) access control system on very sturdy, very solid doors. Though there is no hidden safe in the room for passports, wallets, jewelry, etc… I figure the only people to access your room are the chambermaid(s)/housekeeping staff and management. So as safety and security goes, we felt pretty safe. But if something does go missing they are likely the culprits! The HI mgmt. & staff were never far away to asked you if everything was okay – so eager, friendly and courteous!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Value Priority Club Guest, Thank you for being our PCR guest and for your kind words, they are much appreciated. As you mentioned we are a new hotel, with new staff that has been working very hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable stay. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of all our hotel has to offer, from the Hub Restaurant to the Fitenss center and Steam room. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I reviewed this hotel on priority club and should of listened to the reviews. This hotel is refurbished with thin walls and loud doors. It was not uncommon to hear the neighbours on phones or other conversation. The front desk staff are with out wisdom and stumped on the most basic questions. Although the hotel presents well my room was out even a chair to sit on. As a frequent traveller I will not be back nor will I recommend to our co-workers.
Business travels be aware. Better comfortable options near by although the restaurant was decent with excellent service.
I dont expect to be pampered but I do expect a quiet room and a chair to relax on. This hotel does not provide.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank sunclencher
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear sunclencher,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that our restaurant service and quality exceeded your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the noise and chair in room. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here before flying to Mexico. A new facility which still needs to iron out some issues.
Great room, clean and neat. Food services anything but adequte. Airport service, but no one specific doing the job so whever is available, is called on, therefore not sure what to do. They
are sure to learn as there time of operation increases.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Dueck67,
Thank you for the very kind words and the vote of confidence. Please know that we are working hard to get it right to meet and exceed all guest expectations. We do have a dedicated shuttle drive that runs our shuttle from 5am- 11pm weekdays and as needed for Saturday and Sunday. I apologize if we seemed to be just a little disorganized during your stay. Your comments will go a long way to help us build a great team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Winnipeg.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Overall this was a good hotel. Its new (although I do believe it is a renovated older hotel) and close enough to the airport and Polo Park mall to be useful if you just want an overnight stay.
I cannot fault the cleanliness or comfort of the rooms. Staff were ok - nothing special, but not terrible by any stretch of the imagination.
The only problem I had - and it was fairly big - was that in the first room I was given the heating unit was blowing ice-cold air no matter what I did to try and persuade it to provide warm air. As this was January in Winnipeg and the outside temperature was hovering around -30 - I felt that heating was an important detail. After checking in and messing around for a while I left for dinner and hoped it would heat up. No such luck and when I returned I requested a room change that was eventually given to me. HOWEVER - the unit in this room was only marginally better and the only way you get get heat was to crank it up to 90 degrees F. Of course that was too hot and even set on *off* the fan would click on every few minutes and send a frigid waft of air around the room. The only advantage to the second room, really, was that the air being blown into the room was fresh rather than coming straight out of the kitchen below.
Very odd and very off-putting....and a real pity in an otherwise promising hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
DMBruzell, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport - Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear AfricanDaisy; Thank you for your review. We are very concerned by your feedback as your experience was in no way reflective of the exemplary standards of service, cleanliness and overall quality that guests should expect from our hotel. Our General Manager and Hotel Maintenance Team are aware of your concerns and we are in the process of addressing the issue that you report. We will ensure that your experience is not repeated and appreciate your bringing this problem to our attention.
I hope that you will give us the opportunity to impress you on your next visit to Winnipeg.