“Very good family-run deli and grocery!”
Review of Bernstein's Deli

Bernstein's Deli
Ranked #70 of 1,687 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Cuisines: Diner, Delicatessen, Canadian, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Bernstein's Deli has served the River Heights community for over 32 years. We have a diverse mix of classic deli fare, Jewish specialties and diner food. Most of what is served in the restaurant is available to take home from the deli. The majority of the food is made from scratch and with a healthy dose of love. We offer 6 types of burger patties made from scratch (beef, turkey, bison, bison reuben, black bean wild rice and chickpea almond), mix our pancake batter in small batches, pound, coat and fry our own chicken schnitzel and fingers and so much more. Old World offerings like chopped liver, gefilte fish, potato latkes, beef brisket, matzo ball soup (along with over 20 other types of soup), the list goes on and on. We also import grocery items from South Africa and sell our famous biltong out of our back freezer (ask for it at the deli counter). Lots of choices for those that are vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, picky, fussy or just plain hard to please, our goal is to please them all! Open almost every day, we currently only close on Victoria Day, Christmas Day, Remembrance Day and Canada Day. We offer office catering, meals of condolence, custom cooking solutions, holiday meal catering and anything else you may need.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

A wonderful chef has been hired by Bernstein's and the food and menu choice is a great reflexion of that! Great deli choices and wonderful healthy choices! Do not expect much of an atmosphere although the large windows allow a lot of natural light. The service is adequate - a little more training would make a lot of difference! If you like soup, you can start with that at the restaurant or pick up one of the many varieties available in the freezer!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Everything you'd expect from a fantastic deli but I don't treat myself to deli food very often so I was thrilled when they expanded their menu to include some more 'contemporary' items. The quinoa salad is just one of the delicious but more healthy choices. Now when my family goes I can either treat myself ( the rueban sandwich!) or go in a direction that has slightly less guilt attached. Something good for everyone.

1  Thank pinkrules123
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I visited the deli during a late lunch (around 1pm) with my husband, and an old school chum. We were served quite quickly and the food was delicious. The only minor fault was that I ordered the Diet A&W but I was give the regular Barq's. I was very thirsty and it was a warm day, so I didn't object. I would definitely return as the food was tasty and they appear to have a mini grocery on site, worth a look-see.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I go to Bernstein's Deli about twice a month and it is always great! The soup, sandwiches and breakfast are all excellent. Make sure you grab a matzah ball soup to take home with you.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I attended a wedding breakfast at Bernsteins and the food was great! Bagels/lox/cream cheese, cinnamon bread, delicious scrabbled eggs and great coffee. I would definitely come here again when I am in Winnipeg.