Humphry Inn & Suites
$95
Hotels.com
$105
$96
All reviewsmain stdowntown winnipegwithin walking distanceyogurthuman rights museummts centrethe breakfast areafree breakfasthot tubhot breakfastfridge and microwaveevery morninghot itemsunion stationcentral locationsteam roomexchange district
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very quiet and clean. Great downtown location for a great price. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Our room was large compared to some others we have stayed at. The breakfast area is well laid out, pleasant and spacious. Several good restaurants in easy walking distance. Free parking in a city centre an added bonus. Will definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
vivian j, Manager at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear PickwickClub:

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate our guests and the business they provide us!

We are happy to hear that you had the chance to experience our hot breakfast buffet that is provided to our registered guests. For those in a rush in the morning we also have a bagged breakfast to grab on the go!

We look forward to welcoming back to our great city, and hotel.

Have a safe summer!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I arrived to be greated by very pleasant hotel staff and checked in with no problem. Was told that coffee was provided at all times in the lobby, and the coffee is actually pretty good for this Starbucks fan. Upstairs the rooms are really spacious, they are square not rectangular and there is room to move around and I was able to do my yoga routine with no problem. Little things like providing microwave popcorn, and shoe wipes are much appreciated. The sheets are REALLY soft and must a high thread count.

Best of all, a free hot breakfast with eggs that are prepared well, a good mix of fruit in the fruit salad, a different hot entree every day, and good coffee.

The pool is small, but no one is there in the morning and the hot tub is nice and hot, even in the morning.

The location is close to both downtown and the forks.

If I do have to come back , this is where I am staying.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
vivian j, Director of Sales at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear maritimerjean:

As an avid trip adviser user your positive review means a lot to us!

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, and were able to enjoy the little extras that we put in the room for our guests. Its our goal to make you our life time guests, coming back each time you're in Winnipeg, we understand that the little things count!

Our pool just went through renovations, its great that you were able to enjoy this onsite amenity.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Have a safe summer!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Overall, I was very pleased with my 10 night stay in my room, a 2 bed Queen Suite on the 6th Floor. It was spacious, clean, and had a nice view of Main Street, the VIA rail station, and the new Human Rights Musuem. Its within close walking distance to the Forks and Shaw Park, as well as all of downtown.
I was especially pleased with Daniel, the parking Lot Security night attendant; who was so dedicated to his position, very helpful with directions and security tips; and watching out for my rental car. Also Ahmed, who also very friendly security attendant and provided great service. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I felt safe around the hotel, which was well lit and quiet.
When I noticed a problem in my room on the first day, someone was sent up to replace the issue, within the hour. I appreciated having a little fridge and microwave. I would highly recommend this hotel as a cost effective solution to more expensive chains and downtown hotels. The included buffet breakfast was adequate and the coffee was great. I usually stayed at another large suite hotel downtown, 2 blocks away--and I am glad I switched. You can get anywhere in the city efficiently from this location.

Room Tip: Get the large Queen suite because it has a sofa and coffee table and desk. It was NOT noisy being on the Main street side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank travelwoman21

Dear travelwoman21:

Thank you for your honest review, and taking a moment out of your day to share your experience, its appreciated.

We are privileged to have had you as a long term guest at our property, our added amenities such as the free hot breakfast buffet and free downtown parking tend to attract our long term guests.

Safety of our guests is a top priority for us, although we are in a good area of the city we still take the extra steps to ensure your comfort.

We hope to be your hotel of choice in the future, and cant thank you enough for the business.

Have a great summer!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We held a reunion of 41 people here, and the service was very good. Banquet food exceeded my expectations, and Chris on the sales team was most helpful throughout. The only issue was with the sound system, but we were able to work around that.

The guest rooms were also very spacious and clean. The kitchen was fully stocked with appropriate cookware, although I ate out the entire time. Staff is very friendly.

The breakfast bar was good, but I passed on the "fresh" fruit.

Parking here is free and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
vivian j, Manager at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Doug G:

Thank you for your positive review, it was our pleasure accommodating your group.

Humphry Inn & Suites offers a verity of event rooms, and although we strive for our best sometimes situations occur, we appreciate your patience with the sound system and I am pleased to hear it was overcome.

Our free hot breakfast buffet is available to all guests, as mentioned we do offer fresh fruit which would include season fresh fruit such as banana, apples, pears, and oranges. For those that prefer we do offer a fruit salad as well.

We look forward to welcoming you and your whole group back in the future!

Chris@humphryinn.com

PS - Thank you for supporting a locally owned hotel, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was a pleasure staying here. The staff was very friendly and helpful - they helped us with the questions we had about Canadian customs (we're American) and they were accommodating with our requests (we asked for a quiet room - it was complete silence in our room).
The hotel is so close to everything. We walked just about everywhere - to the Forks, to St. Bonafice, and to other parts of downtown. You couldn't really get a better location.
Parking could be an issue if they were sold out, but we didn't have any problems, even though we were there on Canada Day and during a Blue Bombers game.
The breakfast was great, as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from Main street. Or just ask for a quiet room - they'll accommodate you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear GreatLakes Traveler13:

Thank you for such a great review, reviews like yours fuels us to provide an even higher level of service and accommodations for our future guests.

It's great to hear that you had the chance to enjoy some of Winnipeg's summer months and discover our vibrant neighborhoods.

Parking is always free at Humphry Inn & Suites, setting us apart from most hotels in downtown. Our parking lot can accommodate all guests, however for busy periods we do have an overflow parking lot located across the street.

Again thank you for the great review, enjoy the rest of your summer!