“Great beds, clean hotel, slow internet.”

Humphry Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Several good restaurants, close by make it a good place to stay. The hotel was clean and the service was very good. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Humphryinn, General Manager at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for your kind compliment and suggestion.

As an independent hotel in downtown Winnipeg, maximizing guest’s satisfaction is and always will be on the top of our working list.

The hotel has just installed Wireless high speed internet, and it covers every single room in the hotel. So now all the guests could enjoy both wired and wireless high speed internet in their room even on the peaking usage time.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

My only reason for staying in Winnipeg was to see my favourite actor (Richard Waugh) at the Prairie Theatre Exchange. I spent most of my time at the the theatre, and hotel. The latter became my home away from home.

The pros:

The room was clean, and comfortable. It had its own refrigerator, and microwave which came in handy. The shower was powerful, and did not run cold. Staff were usually pleasant enough, but some could have been more personable. Tea/coffee was available 24/7, as was the internet. The location was also close to some of the city's major attractions. Such as the MTS Centre, The Forks, The Prairie Theatre Exchange, and the Manitoba Museum.

The cons:

The floor in the breakfast area was filthy. It had NOT been vacuumed for the duration of my stay (six days). In fact, one night, I saw a plastic knife on the floor which had been there since the previous day. I also saw the same crumbs day after day. The curtains were matted, shelves where the food was served, were thick with dust. The breakfast itself was okay, but nothing special. There was a selection of cereals, yoghurt, pastries, bagels, fruit, and (I think hot crumpets). You might think that sounds like a lot, but I was ravenous come lunchtime. I also had issues with the computer area in the lobby. Neither the keyboard or mouse looked as if they had been wiped in months. There were great big clumps of fluff in between the keys, and the top of the keyboard was greasy with sweat. People were not logging out of their e-mail. I told staff about this several times, but nothing was done. All I had asked for was a sign to be put up at the computer. Apparently such a thing could not be done until the manager came in on Monday. I had complained on Friday night, so in the meantime, bank, flight details, etc could have been stolen. However, common sense should have told people to log out of personal details on a public machine. Sound proofing in the rooms could be improved too.

I think the hotel was over-priced for what it offered. For what I paid, I would have expected the entire place to be clean, and to have a proper cooked breakfast (one that filled you for at least half-a-day). If all you want is a bed for a couple of nights, then this is for you. For a longer stay (like mine), I would recommend somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Humphryinn, Manager at Humphry Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Dear Guest:

We appreciated everyone’s comments and each guest concerns are addressed to the betterment of service to our guests. We thank you for your comments and we take immediate remedial action.

Management Team

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights for work. The hotel room was large, had a small but nice LCD tv, a fridge, a microwave. Room was clean and well maintained. The bathroom was clean and had nice Neutrogena amenities.

The mattress seemed a bit old and wasn't the most comfortable, but the hotel was reasonably quiet and got a decent sleep.

Wired internet was available in the room, and wifi in the lobby. The internet tested at 5mb down, 5mb up which was suprising. I didn't use it a ton since I was working late each evening but it was fine when I used it. Wifi really should be rolled out here - this would be much more convenient.

All in all, I would stay again, although I would consider other area hotels.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2011

This was my first visit to Winnipeg. Stayed at the Humpry Inn as recommended through the arragements made for our meetings. The hotel is in a great location for walking. Close to The Forks, the MTS Centre, the skywalk and much more. The room was very comfortable, clean and plenty of space to spread out. The microwave and fridge was a nice surprise to find in the room. Free internet connection and a great breakfast every morning!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Shacks29
Reviewed February 28, 2011

The hotel itself was fine, staff let me park there the whole day even after I'd checked out. The downside was the internet. It was almost unusable at times in the evening. I find this all too common, though, regardless of the cost of any given hotel. The East Indian restaurant 1 block away is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We are currently spending 2 nights at the Humphry Inn. The location is perfect, as we are attending the Festival du Voyageur just across the bridge in St. Boniface. We appreciate the free extras (breakfast, internet, parking, fridge/microwave in room) that some hotels charge you for. The rooms are immaculate, and the front desk service was superb. The pool area is clean, although the water was quite chilly (that would be our only complaint). We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and would definitely stay here again with our family.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2011

The service when we got to the hotel was quite good. The attendant was friendly and helpful. Checking out was also a breeze.

The free breakfast offered is above average, as their are a couple of hot choices to go along with the standard fare of muffins, breads, bagels, cereal, yougurt and fruit. It's quite handy to be able to eat at the hotel before heading out for the day, without having to spend extra or head over to a restaurant.

The hotel is in the heart of downtown, so it's quite a jaunt from the airport or from the west side of the city, which we came in on. It was close to the event we were attending, however, so the location was good for us.

The rates for the rooms were quite good, and the clean hotel, clean room, and incredibly comfortable bed made this a hotel that I'd go back to the next time I'm in Winnipeg.

The only complaint I have is that the coffee wasn't as good as what I brew at home, but it's something I can easily overlook. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple