“not completely satisfied”

Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Balmertown
“not completely satisfied”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We've been staying here for many years but lately the room cleanliness has not been a priority. Staff is always prompt and friendly on check in and out and always willing to spend a minute to answer any needs but there could be some improvement with housekeeping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We appreciate your feedback as a valued long term customer. We review all comments and I share them through a daily management meeting. In addition we are implementing a new Preventative Maintenance program that will further increase the overall of the hotel.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Sincerely

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, room was nice and big, chipped sink but otherwise was ok. Despite the sign other guests love to make noise after 11pm which makes it harder to get a good nights sleep. Can't blame the hotel for this of course, maybe more soundproof doors would help? Nice breakfasts. Cost for stay incl 3 breakfasts was CAD540 which I felt was a little too high for the overall standard of hotel 3*+ nevertheless I would stay here again. Hopefully will also be improved next time by the pool being open which is being refurb end.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ontario
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed here April 10&11/13. The hotel is under construction so you have to walk outside to the casino which is non smoking casino. Machines are very tight and too close together. No complimentary soft drinks or coffee. Very minor payouts. Smoking area is outside and brutally cold as in a windy area.
The hotel does not allow delivery from external place such as pizza delivery for safety reasons but it is Winnipeg..murder capital of Canada. The buffet is not very good,tasteless food.
And the rooms are very expensive,135 a night! However the beds are comfortable. Overall this is not somewhere I will stay in future.
Oh and my vehicle got dented from a door in the parking lot! Parking is also crowded.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear VegastoGamble:

We do thank you for your comments and take every opportunity to learn from our customers input.

With reference to the Casino which is independently run by the Lotteries Corporation, I am pleased to update you on the construction. The Casino expansion connected to the hotel is almost fully closed in now and they are starting to pour the concrete pads. We will be reconnected this fall so that our guests should not have to walk outside during the winter months. Once completed we look forward to having a state of the art entertainment complex right beside our hotel!

Your comment on pizza delivery was noted but we do allow delivery service to the hotel. Because, we have card locked doors for registered guests in certain areas, we do ask that guests come to the lobby to pickup any deliveries. The goal is to increase our guest safety and reduce corridor traffic to registered guests only which also reduces noise on guest floors.

Thank you again for your comments - they are truly valued.

a

Travelers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Sidney, Nebraska
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stay here for one to two weeks at a time for work. I find the rooms spacious, clean and I appreciate the fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. I have been here three times in 2013 and will continue to stay here for work. The location is convenient for where I need to be, with plenty of restaurants and shopping in the immediate area. I have not been to the casino at all but have been told the restaurant in the casino is excellent. I hope to review it sometime this trip.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark N
Andrew M, Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Marc,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. We use all feedback as learning tools for our staff to continuously improve on our service delivery.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel, we would like to thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Regards,

andrew
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Ugh. The location was about the only plus here...right beside a casino, but if that isn't your thing then don't even bother. Our room NEVER got serviced, despite asking for it to be cleaned twice, no new towels nothing. They did take off some money per night but only because my husband complained to management. There was a lovely stain on the mattress that ill need to post pictures of and the food at the in-hotel restaurant was extremely sub par. The buffet, they take your plate and serve you, so I couldn't choose my own portion size. I don't plan on ever being in Winnipeg ever again, but if I was, I wouldn't be planning to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kimiko

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your stay with us. I was never able to identify your specific rooms but did note a few rooms in the log reports that had DND's on the doors in the mornings. Unfortunately your travel was over a very slow period, that being Christmas and we had attendants only doing half shifts.

Therefore we very much appreciated your feedback and will use all as learning tools for such slow periods in the future. This will help us improve our service delivery.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience here. I wish we would have an opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future stay but was happy to hear we tried to compensate you before leaving.

andrew
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I liked what was in the area, but I did not like most of my experience at the hotel itself. My key card did not work no matter how many times they replaced it, and the room didn't seem to be clean at all. I found hair in multiple places in the bathroom and the carpets smelled pretty bad. The room service was also very disappointing. I would actually stay here again to see if I have a better experience, but I would also know that even with a bad experience, all the places I like to go to are right near by. One more thing.....I hope you are ok with screaming children at all times of the day and night. That was the worst thing about the experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Andrew M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Club Regent Casino Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013

With regards to key cards - ifs it winter and dry - cards become sensitive to any static what-so-ever and am sorry to hear the troubles with reprogramming. I appreciate your comments on cleanliness. I have shared your information with the housekeeping department so that we can isolate this occurrence and resolve it.

On the issue of screaming children, we are typically a quiet Casino Hotel but believe the timely of your stay coincided to a company children's Christmas Party. I apologize for our little guests that weekend and am sure their Holiday excitement was perhaps too jubilant.

If you would be so kind to contact me upon your return at ameyer@canadinns.com, it would be my pleasure to ensure your experience exceeds your expectations.

Sincerely,.

Andrew Meyer
Elkhorn
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while in Winnipeg for a weekend. The rooms were very spacious and clean. We were pleasantly surprised that it had a fridge as well as a microwave in the room. The rooms were a little pricey, but I find Winnipeg Hotels expensive and I think the 5% City of Winnipeg tax that they tack on is a RIP OFF and very infuriating! The only thing about this hotel that we were disappointed in was the pool area. The pool was cold, the pool area could use a good cleaning, it rarely had enough towels and it had 4 chairs only!! So if you wanted to watch your kids swim, you usually had to stand!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We use all feedback as learning tools for our staff to continuously improve on our service delivery. As a Casino hotel, we recognize that our pool facilities are not typical of a Canad Inns Property. But as a result of feedback from our customers, including yours, we are now offering families an additional opportunity based on availability, to enjoy the pool and water-slide at Canad Inns Destination Centre Transcona with complimentary Shuttle Services.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Club Regent Casino Hotel we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Andrew Meyer