“Always excellent sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Waverley
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Having been to sushi restaurants around the world and even in Japan, I would put this place in the top 10. Even places like Nobu don't come close. The ingredients are always fresh and plentiful. These guys are very creative so try some of their own delights. The ambiance is great for Winnipeg or for that matter even a place in NY. You will not be let down by this place.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Amazing Sushi that is on par with any city in North America. Mango Shrimp is the best dish on the menu! Funky atmosphere and great lounge. Oysters always fresh and tasty. A must try.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We are a family of four, and we had lunch at Wasabi Sabi on Taylor on 08 Feb 2014. We were all very pleasantly surprised. Flavourful food left us very satisfied. The quality and attention to detail was very noticeable. We started with the Tempura Shrimp, and it was fantastic. Light and fluffy, and the dip was perfect. My daughter had the Caterpillar Roll, and it looked like a caterpillar! I had the Teriyaki Chicken with grilled vegies and it was delicious. My son had the Mahalo Roll with tuna, mango and peppers and he said it was spectacular. He also had the Prairie Fire spicy tuna with grilled vegies and that was good as well. My husband had the Candied Cashew Chicken and he really liked it as well. We ordered rice on the side. We didn't order any drinks, our lunch came to $124 before tip. The ambience is very nice. There is a special room with a round table for 8 if needed for a special occasion. We sat near the kitchen which is large and open. There is also a lounge area. The waitress was excellent. She said the Broadway location has the same menu, and they also have floor-seating if that's what you prefer. Osborne Wasabi is a different menu. Would definitely go again, but it's a bit pricey.

1  Thank AngelaGentile
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Four of dined at Wasabi Sabi in October 2013. We are all very well travelled and have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the world. Japanese food is not a favourite of mine and I eschew rolls. All of us find the Winnipeg dining scene disappointing and typically save our money to eat out of town or dine well at home.

Wasabi Sabi is the best Japanese restaurant we’ve dined at anywhere and one of the very best restaurants in Winnipeg, perhaps even the best.

The space is lovely. The only downside is the restaurant is located in a suburban shopping strip. Oh were it downtown and contributing to the revitalization of Winnipeg’s urban scene.

We began with drinks- 2 lycheetini with an upsurge for Bombay gin, 1 lemongrass mojito, 1Gt-tini, all fantastic. Susur Lee of Bent could take a lesson!

We ordered and ate a huge amount of food- 1 order of tuna nachos, 1 order of salmon carpaccio, 2 orders of beef tataki, 4 orders of soft shell crabs, 2 orders of mango prawns, 2 orders of candied cashew chicken, and 1 order of lamb chops. Additionally, we ordered 2 bottles of a viognier ($90) and 2 glasses of viongnier ($22.00) Every dish was wonderful.

We ended our evening with 4 desserts and 4 coffee. Dessert is not the restaurant’s strong suit and unless you are needing something sweet, I don’t recommend you order. The chocolate bling was OK . The ice creams had some wonderful flavours but the texture of several was poor and contained ice crystals. We complained and they were comped

Our total bill was $398.50 before tax and tip, which we considered good value. Service was very pleasant.

I highly recommend it..

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was an excellent choice when I was traveling for business in Winnipeg. I rank this is one of the best sushi restaurant's and was very glad my dealer recommend that I try it. The waiter did an excellent job of recommending specials we might like and all were awesome. It was a neat atmosphere and we actually had some of the Winnipeg Jets holding a team dinner near us. I would also recommend the locally made Fort Garry Dark beer. I will definitely be back when I am in town again.