“A solid performer”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg
Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I regularly stay at this property while in the city on business. The location is close to the airport, large shopping mall, restaurants, bars etc. The complimentary hot/cold breakfast is one of the better ones I have found in my travels and the room rates are reasonable. Parking is included and they have a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport as well to the shopping mall etc. The Hotel has just expanded their room capacity which shows they must be doing something right! Marriott Rewards loyalty program is one of the better programs as well! See you next Wednesday!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Packfanq

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

First time at the hotel with myself and my two children . The staff were excellent , very accommodating and helpful . The water slide made us all nauseous , for us it was just too much and the chlorine was more than I have ever experienced . My children's face were red and our eyes burned horribly .
The breakfast was decent but definitely needs a second waffle iron, waits were too long . Good experience overall . Hot tub was too hot to use but staff was there to get it fixed and was very friendly and kind . Clean Clean hotel

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2014

It is evident that a lot of thought went into layout and design of this facility. Rooms are good size, bed very comfortable. Amazing FREE breakfast. Staff friendly and courteous. It was clear staff take pride in their work, the place was spotless. Did not go in pool but it appeared to be a hit with the kids.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sabine D
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have stayed in this hotel in the past and it has been pretty good. We did encounter a couple of issues this time. The heater cover was loose and falling off. We called and it was fixed, but it must have been noticeable to the cleaning staff. The hot tub element was not working and the foam in the tub was probably 3 inches thick. The wall near the entrance of the room was quite dirty. I had booked the deal with the 25 dollar gas card and on checking in, was told that it would be made available on checkout.....kinda strange, as any other hotel incentive I have received was given at check in. Long story short, after waiting 25 min or so to try to get the gas card at checkout time ( they could not get into the safety deposit box where they kept them) I was told that I would receive a 25 dollar credit on my room.....didn't happen. Luckily I had asked for an e-mail receipt that arrived 2 days later, and NO CREDIT. I had to call back to the hotel and at this time I am waiting to see if the credit will be applied to my Card. This hotel is not cheap, and I have not stayed at it for the last year or so because of construction nearby, but I have seen a definite downturn since my last stay. With so many new hotels in the area, I would suggest trying another one. It is a fairly new place, but is prematurely showing its age.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HeavyDB
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Overall, we were happy when we stayed here..its a clean hotel that offers delicious free hot breakfast. Nice spacious rooms with comfortable beds. Lovely pool area for kids. Free shuttle service within 5km of hotel..would come back next time :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Audiodrive
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on a quick business trip to Winnipeg. It is obvious that construction is still taking place in parts of the hotel and so you have to deal with that.

My room was very clean and comfortable. It included a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, tv, nice desk chair and excellent wifi. Front desk staff were helpful and bill was under my door when I woke up. The breakfast was average and the coffee was okay.

My experience was the staff were eager to serve and working at getting everything up and running smoothly. I would have rated the hotel higher if the construction was finished and I did have a glitch with the tv.

I don't think you can go wrong staying at this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Ottawaone
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Booked the Fairfield through Expedia at the last minute. There was a blizzard outside and I needed a place to stay for the night on short notice. The front desk had a problem finding my booking when \i checked in. I think Expedia mixed up the booking, not the hotel. However, after a 30 minute delay I got a room and all went well. The room was clean and comfortable. The parking had ample space with plug ins. There was coffee available 24/7 and the free breakfast had many choices. I will stay at this Fairfield again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Hi Stan

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel, everyone was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you hope to return soon. Hopefully the weather will co-operate with you next time!

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Regards