“Friendly Manitoba is right”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg
Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Even though this parts of the Hotel is under construction the staff here strive to make your stay very comfortable. I stay at a lot of Marriott's and the staff here is some of the nicest that I have talked with.
This is my second visit and I will be back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JS R
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Hi JS R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your time with us in Winnipeg, the whole team have read your comments, it is always very motivating for them to read about a guest's experience. Thankfully the construction work is now almost complete and we look forward to offering much improved facilities to our guests.

Kind Regards

Guy Hamilton

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Travelling on business and decided to stay overnight in Winnipeg after flying in late. A new hotel property is being built in front of the Fairfield but it is owned by the same people. I believe it will fly under a Hilton property flag.
My rate was quoted as government rate for a two queen bed room, by taxes all in I was out at $141.00 per night with a complimentary breakfast in the morning.
I appreciated the free airport pickup and return.

Room Tip: Don't get excited when you see all the construction mess. They have an excellent order out menu...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank D P M

Thank you for your comments, DP M, we were all pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel, and that the construction did not impact your stay at all; the construction is almost complete now and we will soon have 2 beautiful properties to choose from, its a very exciting time.

Guy Hamilton

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. While I was here, there was a construction crew working on what appeared to be a second building for this hotel. Did not affect my stay at all. Hotel was clean, up to date, and everything worked. Staff were very courteous and friendly. Amenities were modern and well maintained. Hotel offers a full complementary hot breakfast - unfortunately I didn't get the chance to try it. Location is far enough east on Ellice Ave not to have major issues. Close to the airport and lots of other services. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Corey H
Reviewed October 19, 2013

In the past 2 weeks I've spent a total of 6 nights in this hotel. There is obvious construction going on which customers are advised of both on the hotel website and when calling the hotel directly which is nice to know prior to booking. As I was in Winnipeg on business I was never at the hotel during the day when the crews were actually working, so I was not bothered by it. The parking lot is a bit cramped, particularly when driving a larger SUV or truck. I'm hoping with the expansion more parking is added that offers bigger stalls for these types of vehicles. While the complimentary breakfast offered served it's purpose, it was the exact same every day which did get rather boring after a few nights. I'm sure a bit more variety could be offered. I really appreciated the shuttle service offered by the hotel which I used each day to the downtown area. I truly hope that once expansion is done thought is given to having a second shuttle as the one they currently have seems to be quite busy on a regular basis. The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable, and room temperature was very easy to adjust. Most of the staff are quite friendly. My particular favourites were Patricia and Kiran. The hotel is lucky to have 2 very lovely, personable employees working for them. Both ladies were always quick to smile and welcome you back each day, and were always willing to help in anyway possible. Thanks to these 2 gals for making my stay a positive one. I will be staying at this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank avb789
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Returning from a trip to Churchill on Hudson's Bay, we spent one night at this facility. It met all our expectations of Marriott hotel quality. Good beds, clean and well maintained room and bathroom, good included breakfast.
An additional plus is the location of the hotel in easy walking distance of Westview Park, a hill that might be the highest point in FLAT! Winnipeg. Not counting the downtown office towers, of course.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wolfg981
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here one night in May 2013 and were impressed for the most part.

The hotel is fairly new and construction is still taking place all around the property. The lack of grass with views of idle machinery (we were there on a weekend) is quickly forgotten by the modern look and amenities offered by this hotel.

The rooms were clean and spacious with a fairly large pool area and waterslide. Free Internet was provided and there is a snack shelf at the front desk where you can purchase food and toiletry items if you wish.

The continental breakfast, however, was less enjoyable and many of the items were out of stock. There was also a lack of clean cutlery, but staff went and found some plastic utensils for us to use.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Polo Park instead of looking down Ellice towards downtown. The views are much...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrisTraveller204
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our stay here was not great construction woke us up at 7 am every morning. Pool was closed, that was the soul reason why we chose this hotel, which was disappointing to the kids. Staff tried to make our stay here pleasant, and gave us a free movie and did give us a discount of only $100.00. However, when we booked the room hotel attendant told us the construction was in another building and would not affect our stay. Also the construction hours would be from 8am to 4 pm. The hide a bed was small and uncomfortable, lumpy mattress. Air conditioners are noisy. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. We understand it was out of their control. Next time choosing a hotel with no construction.

• Stayed: August 2013