“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
regina
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

4th time staying at this facility and staff are excellent. Hotel is always clean, rooms are serviced by wonderful staff, breakfast area clean with hot food. Definite place to stay. Very good location.

Room Tip: all are nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darcy E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Michigan City, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here about a month ago and was pleased. This time my Marriott status was not acknowledged and the staff was not particularly friendly. I travel approximately 50% of the time for business and I have several chain advanced traveler designations. When I travel to Winnipeg I have stayed at other locations, but this one was recommended. After my first experience I decided to try it again. I am not sure I would recommend this hotel again. The towels were thin and scratchy, there were no Kleenyx in my room the first night (I had to take the box out and place it on the counter for a refill), and the on/off switch on the dryer did not work. The breakfast is OK, but not equal to other chains. OK overall, but nothing exceptional.

Room Tip: Stay away fromn the railroad or leave the TV on all night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank BEETOO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Im a huge Marriot fan, and have enjoyed Marriot Platinum status for a number of years now, and a Platinum Premier this year.Unfortunately when I got here there were no upgrades, which was fine, but the front desk barely acknowledged that I was a Marriot member - which seemed rather odd to me. I don't need a party, but even a ' we're happy you continue to choose Marriot' would have been a nice acknowledgement, as there are a ton of other choices :o)

I used the "Cars Eat Free" promo - pay $10 more but get a $25 gas card. This is the only location I've been to that doesn't give you the card up front, you have to get it at check out. I usually check out by saying Rm 322 is now free on the way out the door (given my bill is always under the door), now I have to stop and do a formal check-out at 6:30am when Im taxed for time to get to the airport - somewhat inconvenient.

There is construction near by so the parking lot was very limited and a mess - don't wear your dress shoes :o) The room was fine, the hotel in general and rooms were very clean. From my room you could hear the train as it comes by and blows its horn - didn't bother me but worth noting if you ever need to open the window.

Breakfast buffet options were the standard ones, but there were a couple of , hmmm how should I put it, 'cheaper ladies of the evening' there", still wearing their high heels, still somewhat under the influence and wearing last nights lingerie like dress - stains and all. I left the buffet, as my appetite left me pretty quickly.

All in all, this hotel was just OK. I wasn't that familiar with the location and attribute the rougher clientele with the location - between a number of drunk guests and a Friday night kids hockey crowd I won't be staying here again. It's unfortunate, as its the only Marriot property in Winnipeg I believe. I'll be looking at Delta or Fairmont when coming to Winnipeg on business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can't hear the train when it comes by.
2 Thank Lauder_Calgary
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your constructive feedback, and please accept our apologies that you did not receive the appropriate level of thanks and recognition for your loyalty to Marriott, I assure you at all of our members are very much appreciated, and should always be made to feel extra special.

The weekend that you stayed did have a number of teams staying, so there were kids in the hotel; this is not a phenomenon solely reserved for our property, and on occasion you will find teams staying in any hotel throughout North America, and we certainly do not discriminate against our guests based on their appearance.

We were pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel, and we urge you to once again experience the wonderful service levels that we consistently provide.
Trenton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013 with my wife for 3 nights during a move. Hotel experience was pleasant but expensive for the category.

Pros:
- Nice modern hotel
- Free coffee/tea all throughout the day in the lobby
- Excellent hot tub/pool area. Especially for children.

Cons:
- Located right next to a railway line (~200 ft). Fortunately, didn't hear any trains thru the night.
- Construction of expansion and other hotel. But we were informed of this at time of booking.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. In my opinion, it's too pricey for what you get. The hotel offers something comparable to a Hilton Garden Inn or Holiday Inn but is priced like a regular Hilton or Hyatt.

Room Tip: West side of the hotel borders 2 rail lines.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback, we were all glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The construction will soon be finished, and we can all look forward to serving many more guests, an our new environment
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice stay here. The hotel is fairly new and it's close to the airport and Wal-Mart is right next door. Check in was very fast. The room was clean and I was surprised that they had a bath robe in the closet. This is the first Fairfield to date that I've been to that has robes. Normally I'd see bath robes at a Marriott Hotel or JW not the lower category with the Marriott chain. The room has the typical Fairfield decor. The TV was pretty big and the bathroom was large too. It had a large shower only which I didn't mind coz I rarely have time to take baths anyway.

Internet was fast and the free breakfast was great. Given all the amenities, value and location and great service,I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Good morning Anoini2,

Thank you for your wonderful review and the great pictures that you also added; all of our staff really push to ensure that they go above and beyond our guest expectations, and it is always nice to read when they have succeeded.

Thank you again, and please hurry back to see us soon.

Kind Regards

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good location for a quick business trip into Winnipeg. Located miday between the Airport and Downtown (10 minutes to either location via Hotel Shuttle). A relatively new Fairfield (2 years old), experienced a few minor issues. Be congizent that the room rate can change vary quite a bit between the weekend and weekday (was not told this at check in).

Breakfast is fairly decent and complimentary. Lots of restaurant and shopping options nearby. As with many Winnipeg Hotels there are outlets to "plug in your car" during the winter months if you get a rental so equipped with a battery or engine oil heater (can mean the difference between starting in the early AM or not). The rooms are plain, but decent.

Large, open breakfast area that is usefull to spread out and work later in the day. ATM on site (useful for getting Canadian currency). The "market" or on site pantry has a very limited selection. Without having a restaurant on site, the Hotel is very accommodating with the Shuttle and will take you to many local sights/restaurants.

The hotel borders a rail line so be sure to ask for a room on the other side away from the line. I am a light sleeper and was not disturbed by nightime train traffic, if any occured over several days.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side away from the rail line
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your concise and useful feedback, we were pleased that we met your expectations, and that you enjoyed your visit to Winnipeg.

Our rates do change from weekend to midweek, depending on business levels, and this should have been made clear at the time of booking, as well as highlighted on your confirmation email; going forward I have reiterated to my staff the importance of making our guests aware of the discounts that they are receiving to avoid possible disappointments.

Many thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Winnipeg soon.

Regards

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked for an early flight to BC.Hotel is located within 10 minutes to airport. |has all the necessary services, although no restaurant, Breakfast is standard fare. Check-in was quick and professionally handled. very pleasant. Room was clean and ready when we arrived, no problems.
I think the hotel is about 18 month old and it still appears new. Didn't use business center but it looked very good.
Again very close to airport so very convenient

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback Hosman, we were all pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Winnipeg soon.

Kind Regards