“Makes Financial Cents”

Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Mississauga, Canada
“Makes Financial Cents”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

If you are like me and you need to take a taxi to and fro a hotel and you would like to get some shopping, sightseeing, and other fun things done while in Winnipeg, it makes financial sense to stay at the Fairfield. They offer free shuttle within a 5 kms radius and it is open 24 hours. when you factor in a cab or rental to take you around your best bet is Fairfield. This coupled with their great ambiance and great service makes this hotel a no brainer. That is why whenever I am in Winnipeg I will always chose Fairfield.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments and for your loyalty. We always strive to offer a few added extra touches, to make our guest experiences that bit easier and more enjoyable; we find that our shuttle provides this convenience, something above and beyond our neighbouring hotels, as well as the Free hot breakfast; it all goes to save you money in the end. I have passed your comments on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairfield Inn & Suites on your next visit, to Winnipeg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a very nice hotel just a minute from Polo Shopping Centre ( free shuttle)
Rooms are really large so are the bathrooms
Breakfast is one of the best

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind comments and for your loyalty. I have made sure that our whole team have read your comments, and thanked them all on your behalf. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairfield Inn & Suites on your next visit to Winnipeg
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Beware... This hotel may not honour your reservation and may give your room away.

We booked a 1 bedroom suite far in advance for our one night stay in Winnipeg on June 5th, just as we have done a couple of other times in the last few months. When we arrived at the hotel, we found out that they had given our suite away and we were left with a regular hotel room. We were travelling with our 16 mth old and always book a suite to accommodate our needs. I couldn't believe that they had given away our room - how can they take a reservation and not keep it?

We wanted to leave and not return, but all other decent hotels in the area were booked that night. The Front desk staff couldn't do anything as her Manager was not there. After prompting her twice to get the manager on the phone, they gave the room to us at 1/2 price. What made the situation even worse, was that she offered only excuses about what had happened without any apology, and we never did hear from the Manager

In addition, the bill was not correct when we checked out - they overcharged us and we had to get it corrected. We will never return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I was disappointed to read that you were forced to endure such a disappointment during your latest visit to our hotel, and can only offer my sincere apologies for the administrative error that was made with your booking; we dropped the ball and we are all very sorry for this.

I was pleased to note, on investigating your comments, that we managed to accommodate your family in one of our spacious Studio Suites with the atttached lounge, and that you were compensated for the change in room style.

I thank you also, for the previous 4 times that you have stayed at our hotel, and am sure that you realise that this was just human error, a grave mistake. I hope that you will once again allow us to show you how rare these mistakes are.

Should you wish to discuss this matter I will be happy to chat with you, please contact me directly at: 204 783 7900 or at ghamilton@fairfieldinnwinnipeg.com

Sincerely

Guy Hamilton
BRANDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

The waterpark is very refreshing. The breakfast area provides lots of good food.

• Stayed June 2012
Lethbridge, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights at the Fairfield Inn. Brand new and everything is kept nice and clean.
No problems with staff as mentioned by a couple of other posters. We were with a large group of people staying there, so the area that is used for the continental breakfast was nice to use in the evenings as a meeting/chat place. Only concerns I have were the slow elevators and the strong chlorine in the pool. Didn't go swimming because my eyes burned as soon as I went in the pool area. One of the young children with our group actually got a mild rash after swimming.
Great location with shopping and restaurants all within walking distance. Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hotel is new and very nice, I thought it was also very reasonably priced. The hotel is in a great location with all the shopping you'll need only blocks away. The only complaint we would have is that one lady at the front desk was not very friendly and on a smaller note we asked for towels at the pool as they were out and no one ever came. Overall I rate my experience quite high an would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
Norway House, MB
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

When I checked in it took a while, I was the only person checking in, I arrived at 1:30 am.
First, the lady working sucked, she took long with the cards and room setup. I was suprised because the room was pre-paid by my company and she still insisted I provide a credit card or payment, after clearing that up I checked into my room which was the wrong type I had booked.
I plled the sheets back and and there were hairs and stains on the bedding. I switched rooms, still the wrong type.

Breakfast was ok, like any other place. Parking is good. The location is not the best. pulling into the hotel was kinda crappy as you have to wait for traffic, its a busy area.

Close to cabelas walmart and the dollar store.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
fairfieldwinnipeg, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for your honest comments regarding the service that you received during your stay last year; all of your comments have been shared with the team, and we have discussed the issues that you encountered on check in. Unfortunately even if your company is paying for the room, you still need to provide a credit card or a cash deposit on your account so that we can extend credit to you, for items such as pay per view movies, or long distance phone calls; I was pleased to note however that we managed to meet your expectations of checking in early.

Thank you again for your feedback.