“Great pool area for little kids”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
“Great pool area for little kids”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed with two young kids (2 and 4) in a suite and the room was great - clean and had a fridge and microwave. The suite didn't have a doorway or wall between the bedroom area and 'living space', and the living area was quite small, though configured well. The bathroom was large and with good lighting. Breakfast was great for an included breakfast and had eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fruit, and cereals. The best thing about this hotel is definitely the pool area which was really great for two small children with a graduated 'beach' type entry into the pool, fountains, and a slightly separate entry into the pool from the waterslide so little kids don't get knocked over by the waves from adults coming off the slide. The front desk staff (in particular Aimee) were very helpful and accommodating, and we would definitely stay again, though might ask whether there's a suite with a separate bedroom area for naptimes! The location of the hotel is near Polo Park (mall) and is also close to the airport and the main route into downtown. There's a Walmart, dollar store, Starbucks, and bank machines nearby, and the restaurant has a mobile maitre'd service that is for evenings (lunch needs to be arranged a day in advance).

Room Tip: suggest asking whether there's a tournament in town or other major group stay happening in order...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank l0ves2travl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Although I usually stay in a downtown hotel, the friends I was visiting recommended I stay in this new hotel which is just a few blocks from their house. It appears to have become quite popular in a very short time. It is out of the way so will appeal most to the motoring crowd. I am told there are two bus routes nearby, so access to the airport or downtown is possible without having to take a taxi. A shuttle to the airport is advertised on the hotel's Website, but I did not need this as my friends looked after my transportation.

Although I booked a minimum-price room, I was upgraded to a studio suite which was very comfortable. The staff were friendly. There is a substantial continental (plus some hot items) breakfast provided in a room off the lobby. It was very crowded because the hotel appeared to be full or close to it. I was going out to breakfast with friends, so all I wanted was a cup of tea. There was a long queue at the hot beverage area so I settled for a juice. Trays are provided, so if I wanted a breakfast I could have taken it back to my room when the breakfast room was full.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Thomas0504
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We were looking for a hotel close to Polo Park as the crew wanted to do some shopping and be fairly close to the airport for the next early morning flight.

The room was comfy for the 3 of us, bathroom was a great size and the beds were outstanding.
The hotel seems new within the past couple of years and had flatscreen tv in it. I was even able to find the Oiler's game in higs definition which was a huge plus.
Staff was friendly, hotel was clean and the room rate was decent ($135 +)

I was surprised to find Cabela's store right across the street and the airport was less than 10 minutes away.

I would stay here again

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mrhooie
Winkler
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This hotel was clean but a First Nations convention was going on. A lot of noise into early morning( 4am ) TV's blaring, laughing, yelling a lot of noise in the hall, loitering in the lobby. Very unusual clientele for a Marriott. This place won't stay clean or new for long. The next night we stayed at a quieter place as I'm not one to complain I would rather just move on. Pool chlorine was very strong and I can see why. We paid $ 189 for a King Suite which is about average for this type of room. I would rather pay more for a quieter room in a place with cleaner more respectable clientele. Probably won't stay here again for these reasons.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank Jnmm
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Nice place really neat shower, friendly staff and nice pool, got it for a really good price on priceline.com. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Hello,

I am currently at this hotel and am not 100% impressed with the value for my $170/night. The hotel is great. It is modern, clean and great front desk staff, but the beds are extremely uncomfortable. Someone mentioned this earlier and I thought "How bad could it be"? Well it is pretty terrible unless you like very hard mattresses. I am considering switching hotels to something with more comfortable beds (maybe Hilton, Fairmonth, or Delta).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Bwhizz24
Brandon mb
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I staid in the hotel at Nov. 11. 2011.
The hotel is new, clean, and really good swimming pool for kids.
We enjoyed so much in the pool.
The front desk staffs were not friendly, they didn't smile, didn't welcome us, seems to be not happy to work there. Not only me but also to my friends family too.

So if you plan to stay there do not expect to the front desk welcome you.
They might be trained to be so bossy and try not to smile?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank csnynaver
Fairfield_Inn_Wpg, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winnipeg, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments both constructive and complementary. The pool area and waterslide are features our guests really enjoy. Thank you also for your complementary comments on the overall cleanliness and freshness of the hotel, I will certainly pass on all these great comments to our team!

I am very sorry to hear that your experience with our guest service associate was not satisfactory. I would like to assure you our service standards and training are to ensure we exceed your expectations and we are genuinely disappointed to hear that one of our guests did not feel valued and appreciated.

I can assure you, we will be looking into any service deficiency and for opportunities to reinforce our Marriott service standards!

Thank you again, and we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back.