“ok for 1 night or two” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Winnipeg
Smithers, Canada
“ok for 1 night or two”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Rooms are clean and ok. Free wi-fi and free parking and I had a microvave and a fridge in my room. Employees are very friendly and helpful.Some rooms are inside of the building and have almost no daylight. Can`t open windows and air condition are very loud. Nice Indoor Pool with hot tub and a big slide. Good for family with kids. Also a nice restaurant with great breakfast/lunch and dinner buffet (not included but not expensive). Two clubs beside the hotel cowboys and sterios. Good night life on weekends but it also can be loud in and around the hotel. Not much public transport and no food store close by. 20 min walk

Room Tip: ask for outside room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a wonderful time at this hotel - my grandsons loved the waterslide.

Check-in was very efficient - went to our room which was clean and had the most comfortable beds. Had a great time in the pool and hot tub - my grandsons loved the water slide. Definitely, planning on staying at this hotel again.

Linda Trudeau

Room Tip: Rooms close to pool are convenient if travelling with someone that loves to use pool
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

My youngest brother was fundraising for his graduation. Given that the graduation dinner would be at Polo Park CanadInns the company had made arrangements for fundraising at their other locations. I found Cowboys Roadhouse to be a huge disappointment. While the food and staff were exceptional, the room was not built for the 500+ tickets that were sold. Myself and my parents sold over 20 tickets and we were very disappointed with the lack of seating. We were informed by staff that people would move when they were done eating. However this did not happen. Many sat for hours while other stood to eat. While I was lucky enough to find a place, I was very embarrassed given that my friends and I had to take turns eating. What was supposed to be a great fundraiser turned into a night of countless complaints from my friends and a feeling of disappointment. Many of my younger friends were excited to see cowboys given their underage status, and given the disarray I do not think they will be returning. I heard many complaints throughout the night. However I would like to highlight the efforts of the staff and manager who did their best to accommodate a ridiculous amount of people thrust onto them by sales.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
General M, Front Office Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello Kayla S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write in about your experience at the Bud Spud you attended at Cowboys The kind words about our staff and the food served is much appreciated.

I can understand however your frustration with the lack of seating. As it turns out, the Bud Spud Fundraiser you attended for your brothers graduation was the biggest and most successful one ever held at Cowboys. The over 500 people who attended is not what is ordinary for a Bud Spud Event in Cowboys. The feedback we have received from people has been fantastic so Kudos to the Event organizer for such a successful event for a great cause!!

The more common Bud Spuds at Cowboys have less people in attendance and usually as some people get their meals and others are finishing up they will move to let the next people sit and eat. Seeing that there were more people than we have ever experienced, this clearly did not happen as smoothly or as quickly as usual. We were clearly not prepared with enough seating for everyone and I do apologize for that making it such an uncomfortable an evening for you.

I hope you consider attending another event should you ever have the opportunity. I am confident you will not be as disappointed.

Again, Thank You for taking the time to write in. It is these comments that help us to learn where we can improve in situations like this.

Travelers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The hotel has some work to do, the rooms are not all that great and have some funky smell to them. Check in was somewhat strange, I asked if they had a gym at their facility, I was told no and to use the water slide to get a work out........ Not sure where that comment was coming from. I do a significant of traveling internationally and I have never heard this one before! Overall a major facelift for the hotel would greatly improve the image of this facility.The breakfast was very quick and not too bad. If you are not familiar with the area, it is a bit of a challenge to get to the hotel if you are coming in from the south. It would not be my first choice in the Transcona area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello Prariephyre,

My name is Rosetta and I am the Guest Services Manager at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park. First and foremost I want to apologize for the experience you had checking in at the front desk upon arrival . The Guest Service Agent who made the comment has been spoken to and she assured me her intention was to add humour and not be inappropriate however that comment was clearly unacceptable to us.

Canad Inns prides itself on great customer service. The last thing we want to do is make our guests feel uncomfortable. For this I am sorry.

We are always looking for ways to improve our property and as we speak many areas of the hotel are being upgraded. These comments are not taken lightly and we use them to guide us when making decisions on how to improve the quality of our rooms and guest services. I would love to speak with you further about this and invite you back to our property so that you can have a chance to see what is truly the Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write in and I look forward to hearing from you.

Rosetta Troia
Guest Services Manager
204-253-2641
Extension 6340
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Beds were so comfy! Seriously it was the best sleep ever! Staff were supper friendly. The restaurant was delicious - we did breakfast. All and all I will be staying here again! They've been upgrading parts of the hotel. We found it a convenient location for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel smelled like stale cigarettes and discount laundry detergent. When I arrived I interrupted a training session, which I then got to participate in (check in took at least 3 times longer than it ought to). I have never stayed anywhere where they actually charge your credit card for damage deposit then refund it the next day - I had to enter my pin and sign a credit card slip. That is also the only way to get vouchers to be able to charge anything to your room from the restaurant. After the long trek to my basement room, I found that the toilet had been used since the room was cleaned (toilet paper in the bowl). Tried to flush it down and move on - the toilet was broken. I repacked, and was moved to a room even further into the depths of the basement and enjoyed a rhythmic clunking noise that I believe had something to do with the water park utility room that I was now next to. I refused to shower in my new room - the tub was dirty and covered in touch up paint (grey paint on a white-ish tub), peeled caulking and stained tile floor. They were kind enough to offer a free breakfast for the room switch inconvenience, which was tasty and the waitress was very nice. I was in and out on business, but would have been devastated if I had been here with my family.

Room Tip: Don't do the first floor - it's actually the basement!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elle R
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hi Elle R,

I want to start off by apologizing for your less than perfect stay at our facility. We pride ourselves on great customer service and our commitment to high standards, and I was sorry to hear that your most recent stay was not up to our standards.
Our Hotel is a two storey bi-level hotel. our first floor is ground level (which you might have confused it as a lower level or basement), But I can assure you that we dont have any rooms in our lower level.
We are in the process of refreshing our guest rooms and i would really much like the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit to Winnipeg as i'm sure you will be pleased with the outcome. I will include my contact info below.

I would also like to take this time to clarify that we don't take "damage Deposits", but we do take credit cards for Incidentals, as our hotel is a true destination centre with many ameniities, such as our AALTOS Garden Cafe, Playmakers Sports & gaming Lounge, Room Service, In Room Movies, Splashers Waterpark, and the Ambassador Banquet & Conferance facilities, it is very convenient for many of our guests to room charge meals and other incidentals.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did and where we can improve, and I look forward to speaking further with you for your next stay in WInnipeg.

Allan Rapisarda
Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park
204-958-5010
allan@canadinns.com
Fort Worth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

When I arrived they gave me a room on the first floor ( in fact that is the basement ). The room had a window that, for my surprise, opens to the floor level of the kitchen of the hotel's restaurant. If you open the curtain, the people working at the restaurant can see inside of your room. There is no natural light in the room. The cell signal is zero in this basement room. When I went to the front desk to ask for another room, I was informed that the entire second floor was entirely reserved for CN (Canadian National ) employees. The only choice was going to a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
General M, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Canad Inns Destination Centre Windsor Park.I do apologize for your less than perfect experience at our property, it is a very busy time of year and our hotel rooms sell out incredibly fast, and at the time of your stay we did have a large number of rooms dedicated to CN Railway.
I can assure you that we dont have a basement level at our hotel, it is actually Ground Level, I can also assure you that we have addressed the room view and it is being remedied.
As our guest, you deserved better. I would like to request that you contact me directly so I may "Make this Right" as outlined in our Service Guarantee and commitment to Guest Satisfaction.
I am confident that given another opportunity, our Team will demonstrate the true nature of our hospitality and our property as a true Destination Centre. I do look forward to speaking with you.

Allan Rapisarda