“One night stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry

Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry
You added Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry to your Saves list
Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1792 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2G2, Canada   |
Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Winnipeg
Calgary, Alberta
“One night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Booked this hotel based on location since my first choice was full due to a concert in the area. Had fairly low expectations since it is an older hotel next door to a casino hotel. The rooms were basic. Doors to room and hallway seemed to slam each time they closed so noise from outside the room was bothersome. All hotel employees encountered were pleasant and efficient. Ok for a brief stay but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank yyc44traveler
Ederlyn G, Front Office Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time out to inform us of the difficulties you have encountered during your recent stay with us. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

Your comments have certainly raised areas of concern that need to be addressed and will inspire us to strive harder for our future guests. Rest assured that your comments have been passed on to the concerned departments for their attention.

I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in Express by Canad Inns. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

egevero@canadinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great Hotel.....I loved this hotel when I stayed here for a conference recently. It is very nice and I will definitely stay here the next time I am in the area. The staff was very friendly and professional and the hotel was nice, without being too fancy for my tastes.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yanny Y
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very much delighted for taking the time to post regarding your recent stay at Express by Canad Inns. It is with pleasure to know that you had a wonderful stay.

It is with great pride that the Staff and Management live by its values of providing excellent service to our guests.

Thank you and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The sheets did not feel, smell, or look laundered and even better; we got a burning sensation when we rested upon them for too long. Good thing we brought our own blanket, or we'd be covered in rashes. There was a really noisy family preparing to leave at 6 am to 8 am during our stay that I asked the people at desk to ask them to quiet down in respect of the other guests... nothing happened. I spent the third and last morning in Winnipeg woken up early by yelling and screaming and running down the halls and you can imagine how bad that sucked. There is no hot water in your room, do not expect it unless you stand by the tap like a moron for (I wish I was kidding) 2 minutes.

Their hotel is also terribly designed in that if you're stuck near the game area you get to enjoy this beautiful, lingering smell of smoke and cigarettes in the hallway out and right in front of your door. Exquisite.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Ederlyn G, Front Office Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept my apologies for an uncomfortable night. Further, I would like to apologize that the Guest Service Agent that handled your complaint was unable to further assist you in dealing with your concerns.

I regret we were unable to provide you with service and room quality guests should expect when visiting our hotel. Express by Canad Inns recognizes the importance of providing a comfortable and a stress-free stay. Proper measures will be taken to address your concerns.

Perhaps I could invite you to contact me directly so that I may better address your concerns with our Management team and that we will use your feedback to ensure this does not occur again!

egevero@canadinns.com
Fort Lewis, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had two room for a family of 5 adults and there were some pluses and minuses about the overall stay.

On the minus side first (because I like to end on a good note): Breakfast was not included for half of the people during half of the stay. We checked in and were given 3 vouchers for a free breakfast in the restaurant that was good for one use only. So my husband and I used 2 vouchers on one day, and I used the last one on the second morning. The rest of the days, for both families, we were on our own. There were no elevators, so struggling to get suitcases up a narrow set of stairs was a painful affair, given that I had recently suffered a knee injury and I wasn't supposed to use stairs at all. We also ended up paying more for the room than we were quoted, but I didn't want to argue.

On the positive side: I was very impressed with housekeeping. I can let a lot of stuff slide if the rooms are kept clean, and there was not a single complaint with the housekeepers. They were awesome. And I speak as someone who worked in hotel management and I spent a lot of time walking room inspections. When we arrived, we had booked one room through a third party booking source online but we had trouble booking two rooms, so we only had one reserved and we wanted to book a second one when we got there. The front desk girl (Aedin?) told us that in the middle of our stay, one of the nights was sold out and that's why we couldn't reserve the second room online. She left a message for her manager and the following day, they worked their magic and fixed our reservation to keep the second room all the way through our stay. This may be where the price discrepancy came from, but their helpfulness is also why I didn't really want to argue at check out.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for folks who are not looking for anything extravagant (like their parent Canad Inn next door, much more upscale), but want a clean room, at a good price, and wonderful staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank djak12
Ederlyn G, Front Office Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and taking the time to leave your thoughts. We really value your comments!

I am glad our Front Desk staff were able to meet your needs and add value to your stay. I regret that we do not have an elevator. We will make sure to get you a room on the main floor next time you stay. In regards to the rate for your second room, it was booked seperately from Expedia which the rate that was quoted for your first room was no longer available. We apologize that we fail to meet your expectattions.

We hope to see you again soon!

Guest Service Manager
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I could not get over how great the staff was here and how clean the rooms were . I stayed here for a week while visiting the city. I am planning another trip back to Winnipeg over Easter and have already booked my room here I don't think I will ever go anywhere else .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Alana D
Dear Alana D,

Thank you for choosing EXPRESS BY CANAD INNS for your recent stay in Winnipeg. I was delighted that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel.

Your Feedback is a tremendous help in ensuring we continue to deliver excellent experiences to our guests!

We look forward to your next visit.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Booked room and stayed here for spring break get away with my daughters. We had access to the waterpark at the large Canad Inns next door which was awesome. The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet with all amenities and were ultra modern. Garbonzo's restaurant was very good. Definitely the best valued hotel on the Pembina strip and in a great location. Have stayed here before and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kevinsmitty
Ederlyn G, Front Office Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you and your daughters enjoyed your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that you found our rooms comfortable and great value.

Thank you for taking the time to share about your stay and your continued patronage at Express by Canad Inns. I hope we can be of service to you again very soon!

Carberry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very clean quiet rooms with great beds and the staff where all friendly and helpful. Would stay here again and as an extra bonus you can have access to the pool next door at the destination centre. I couldn't believe this was a Canad Inns

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ederlyn G, Front Office Manager at Express By Canad Inns - Fort Garry, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm personally thrilled you had a good experience at Express by Canad Inns. Feedback is a tremendous help in ensuring we continue to deliver excellent experiences to our guests.

We look forward to see you again on your next visit.