“Fantastic!!”

Dining options: Late Night
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went here last night with my husband and it was great. Of course I read some reviews before and some of them weren't positive about the staff but I don't agree here at all.
Our waiter, Doug, was great! He knew what he was talking about regarding the food and the wines and he was really nice. I can really appreciate it when staff is 'trained' and they can really advise you about what the restaurant is offering. It shows that management cares about their business. We had a great evening, fantastic food and really nice wines. We will go back and I'll recommend it to anyone visiting Winnipeg!!

• Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“A Great One-Time Experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Generally, the restaurant delivers what is read in the reviews and if money were no object - voila - no worries. Tapas style is popular in Spanish speaking and developing countries as smaller, more modest dishes can be prepared to great effect with variety and low cost. In North America and Europe, we've twisted the idea a bit and provide top tasting (but very small) dishes for extravagant prices. As long as you know what you are getting into - feel free. If you arrive at Segovia hungry, be prepared to order 3/4 dishes as a minimum. No bread is offered or any other kind of pre-starter. If you're a hearty eater, I would suggest somewhere else. As a one time experience and to try somewhat eclectic and sumptuous fare, then Segovia is highly recommended. The ambiance ie decor, is spot on and the staff very helpful. The tables though are all kind of side by side like you see in a lot of places in Europe. The intimacy with the other diners may not be for everyone. As well, there are a very limited number of tables so arrive early as no reservations are taken. Overall, a good one-time experience but we're moving on to other adventures.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank colflyer
Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent service, very good food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We were there at about 5:30 on a Friday and there were only a few tables occupied but seemed to be filling up when we left at 7:00. We ordered the octopus dish, the duck, a featured short rib, and a featured chicken escabeche. Probably wouldn't order the octopus again, as the salsa was way too spicy and the octopus wasn't chewable. I like heat but it needs to be accompanied by flavor and chewable octopus is difficult but not impossible. However, the rest of the flavors on the plate and other dishes was very good. Joel, our server,was excellent. I tried to order the malfatti but he said that while the vegans love it, there were better dishes on the menu. Actually, really enjoyed the experience overall. I have had better food, but only rarely.

1 Thank 5kmilesin2010
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow, truly amazing, the owners have hit the nail on the head!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Amazing genuine service, food was so amazing, we were blown away with each dish that came. Thanks to trip advisor for pointing us to this gem, this will be the first of many visits!!! Thank you :)

1 Thank Jesuschristreigns
Winnipeg
“Great place!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We went to Segovia's with friends for the first time.
They had pre-ordered a pitcher of Sangria (always a good start to a night out if you ask me!)
Of course, the Sangria was great!
We indulged in so many dishes that I cannot remember all of them!
Simply delicious
Of note, I really like the razor clams clams, the seared scallops, the grilled octopus as well the beets. All in all a great night, although our server did forget to bring us one of the dishes we had ordered. Give it a try.

• Visited July 2012