Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown
$130
$122
Priceline
  • Fitness center
All reviewspeppermill restaurantfront desk staffportage placemts centredecent sizestayed here for nightswithin walking distanceparking garageshort drivelight sleeperwould definitely stay here againrooms are cleancomfortable stayjets gameenjoyed my staycoffee makerbed was very comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and was pleased at the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. Staff was attentive and helped with cab service since it's a bit difficult to get one on the street. Returned a Pepsi from vending machine that was nearly 6 months beyond expiration but manager refunded the cash and brought a fresh one to the room. That's what will bring me back since I travel to Winnipeg often. Eat at Stella's across the street for lighter fate such as salads and sandwiches. You'll be pleased at the quality.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was in Winnipeg on Business and found this hotel to be perfect, clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly. The staff told me they recently renovated, which showed in the rooms. I especially loved the onsite Starbucks. Gotta get my morning fix!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The room we had was clean and large enough to include a sofa, but lacked a fridge or microwave or a free breakfast. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. We loved the location, on Portage Avenue, right across the street from the Plug In Institute of Contemporary Art and near the Winnipeg Art Gallery. There was a free computer off the lobby. The staff people at the front desk and in the restaurant where we had breakfast were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The upper stories have a view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the easy access to all downtown Winnipeg has to offer. Holiday Inn Expresses are the hotels that include breakfast with their rooms as they are considered limited service hotels. The Holiday Inn’s in Winnipeg are all full service with full service restaurants. We are working on adding fridges to all our guest rooms as we have listened to our guests and this has been one of the areas of opportunity for us. We hope to have this addition to the hotel soon, as we have recently completed renovations and have a fresh new look and are looking forward to adding the brand new king size pillows along with the fridges. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed myself for 3 nights in January 2014. Although this hotel doesn't offer breakfast like many Holiday Inns, there are a lot of options very near by. The hotel is extremely clean and well maintained. The bed and pillows were just to my liking and my interactions with all of the front desk staff were very positive. When I asked where Starbucks was located one morning, I was directed to the free coffee available to guests in the lobby! It was nice to feel like a guest instead of a customer. Check-in and check-out were both seamless and efficient. I had a gorgeous view of the legislature down the street and having Portage Place mall across the street was very handy. The location is excellent if you need to be anywhere downtown.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer M
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for sharing your hotel experience. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of all the easy access to local shopping and of course the onsite Starbucks. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I chose the hotel for it's downtown location. The older hotel has been renovated and is well maintained. Everything looked to be in good repair. All the staff I interacted with were professional and very friendly. I did try the hotel's restaurant for supper and it was okay. The simple selection is mostly pasta, sandwiches and burgers - so if you're looking for something more upscale, you'll have to go elsewhere. The restaurant is not opened for lunch, so I went across the street to Stella's and was impressed. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We try our best to keep our hotel well maintained. We are currently refreshing our lobby and will have an exciting new modern look. Our location has more than 20 restaurants within walking distance, so there is an option no matter what your craving is. I hope we see you again in the future.