“Excellent clean, room with all the key components the discerning traveller requires except parking.”

Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Clean well appointed room, great location but lacking in secure parking. Provides the basics with no sexy frills. Location good for transit but not for evening strolls. We were delighted to find they use Body Shop bath products.

• Stayed July 2013
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your hotel room and the amenities we offer. Being situation right next to the University of Winnipeg, there is usually many security guards patrolling our area. In addition, the downtown biz patrol is always walking the sidewalks throughout the day and evening and will always assist with any tourist questions or assistance for directions. They will also escort anybody to their destination if requested just to ensure that visitors to Winnipeg feel safe and experience the friendliness of our nature. I hope you have the chance to visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Good location, across from The Bay. $15 extra for parking, but does have in/out privileges. Booked on Priceline for $65 so great value. King room has nice tv, coffee maker, desk, and great shower head. Will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank sameer555_13
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Try to stay in same chain of hotels when travelling, one should know what to expect? This hotel was slow on check in, other than that they gave great service. Clean hotel, great food. Centrally located which is great for a family, you can walk to shops and activities rather than keep getting car out of the garage

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank June C
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We will definitely address the slow check as we strive to achieve a friendly fast check in process. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Came here the night before a wedding with the wedding party all of us from out of town. Booked 3 rooms for the wedding party. First we got here we waited an hour to get into our rooms because they said they didn't have our information. After being very rude to us they finally took the time to look and had EVERYTHING required there. Before booking we were told that we could have cots for two girls to sleep. When we asked for them they told us we could not have them and that they would have to sleep on the floor. Horrible customer service! Very rude to all of us and no apologies for their mistakes. Now after all this we have a crying Bride left with the feeling that her night is ruined and off to a horrible start to the most important day of her life.
She chose this hotel because she had heard good things.
None of us will every be staying at a Holiday Inn in Winnipeg ever ever again!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I am sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. I have addressed your concerns with each department and want to assure you this is not the normal. Your arrival to the hotel at 2:45pm should not have taken until 3:15pm to complete. There was some confusion with the bookings in regards to who was responsible for deposits, which was sorted out once they confirmed that the person paying for the rooms was also guaranteeing the room deposit. I apologize for this as this should have been confirmed prior to your arrival and notes made on the reservations. The hotel does have cots but are only permitted in certain rooms due to the fire code restrictions of how many can sleep in a room and the limitation of space. I apologize if this was not communicated when asked do we have cots. I was informed a compromise was made to assist in this situation of offering an extremely discounted rate to accommodate the additional person(s) to sleep in the additional room. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and do hope that the wedding was a beautiful one that everyone was able to enjoy!
Mill Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is my first ever review on Trip Advisor. I am writing this because i wanted to tell people about the incredible service I have gotten at this Holiday Inn. I stay here a few times a year and every time the service is great (so are the rooms, the food, etc.). The staff are always friendly and very helpful and do everything that they can to accommodate any reasonable request. I wouldn't think of staying any place else when I'm in Winnipeg

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience. I am happy that you we able to experience all we have to offer here and I will share your comments with the rest of the staff.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Solid service, clean room, helpful staff. Just two issues keeping it from a full 5 stars - the parking garage being locked at 11, thus requiring me to walk outside the hotel to get to the car which wasn't a big deal but was a nuisance and the pool was closed which I did not know about when I booked the room online. Luckily they did set up free access to the YMCA which was in eyeshot (through a parking lot) of the hotel which kept me at 4 stars instead of 3. Reasonably close to everything we needed, with the mall just a few KM away by car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kyne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay. I am glad you had an opportunity to take advantage of the YMCA, while our pool area was being upgraded. Phase one is now been complete and the pool area is up and running. I hope to see you again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Have stayed here for business several times. Never had any problems - staff always helpful. I asked to charge rooms on my last stay - no problem, they got me another room on the same floor immediately. As of May 2013 the pool is being refurbished so guests can use the YMCA facilities at no cost, 1 block away. The YMCA has a full size pool and a huge gym so take advantage of this bonus while you can!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your hotel experience. I am happy you always receive the service that we strive to offer. I hope to see you again soon!