On previous trips to Winnipeg I've stayed at downtown hotels for what I'd originally thought was convenience of access to business clients. Mistake. Everything is close in Winnipeg I came to realize, so why not just stay at the airport? The Four Points is attached to the terminal via a skybridge, or you can just cross the street. You can be in your room 10 minutes after you've grabbed your bags off the carousel. The car rental counters are right next door - which can save you a day or two of rental charges depending on when you arrive/depart. The hotel exterior is drab and unprepossessing in the extreme, but inside the lobby is clean, bright and looks recently renovated. My room was smallish but very tastefully decorated and the bed and pillows were great. The fitness room was surprisingly well equipped considering the relatively small size of the hotel, with two treadmills, an elliptical, a recumbent bike, ab station, benches and a large dumbbell rack. All the gear was new looking and in good repair. No pool, but there's a major addition being constructed next door so who knows, maybe one's coming?
I got a treat corporate rate for the location and property. The onsite restaurant was also quite reasonable, and the food was decent and generously portioned. The entire staff, from the front desk to the restaurant, bar and bell captain, were friendly and courteous.
My only gripe would be the parking lot at the rear of the hotel. The rates are no higher than what you'd expect for being across the street from the terminal - which is to say really high! - but hotel guests park for free (in theory) and are supposed to be able to swipe their room keys at the exit gate. Couldn't get my darned room key to work any which way I tried and ended up having to plug a credit card in instead. :-( Probably could have gone back in to the front desk and got it sorted out but by that time I had a line up behind me. If you're using the parking lot, get explicit instructions from the front desk on how to validate your parking using your room key PRIOR to exiting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 149 guest rooms and suites, the Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport is adjacent to the airport (YWG) and offers guests a free 24 hour shuttle service to the terminals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport
- Four Points By Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport Hotel Winnipeg
- Sheraton Winnipeg
- Four Points Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Sheraton
- Winnipeg Four Points
- Four Points By Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport Manitoba