“Nice Weekend in Winnipeg”

Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Pakenham, Canada
“Nice Weekend in Winnipeg”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at the Four Points the weekend of April 19. The hotel is in a nice locatiion on a major road in South Winnipeg in the "burbs". It is surrounded by many chain restaurants and malls. There's a Wal-Mart down the road.

The rooms are nicely appointed as I would expect. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Watsonville, California
Reviewed March 18, 2014

this is my sixth time staying here. The room is very clean. There is a refrigerator and microwave. When you arrive at the airport, you just make a phone call for shuttle which is very prompt. The check in and out is very quick
I do Polar Bear photography and I always stay here at Four Points for my stay in Winnipeg

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank 427BeatleBob
Thunder Bay
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We rented a suite for the night after a late night of air travel. The suite was very nice, modern, updated. Spacious and great sleeping area. However the cost of the suite would warrant such a nice room. The bathroom was very dated. The tub looked to be about 20 years old with a nice vanity. I was disappointed and rated the hotel average as there were no amenities, no breakfast, no perks of staying at the hotel or in a suite. At the Sheraton Toronto you get access to a VIP area, free use of the pool and other attributes I expect of a luxury hotel. Overall staff were friendly and the room as nice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Killarney, Manitoba
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here Feb. 27, 2014. I received a warm welcome as I checked in, complete with an amazing upgrade! Thank you so very much! Front desk was very accommodating and sent extra bottled water to my room which, by the way, was the Presidential Suite! WOW! Complete with a double jacuzzi, this room was fit for royalty! Two flat screen TV's, and a gorgeous fireplace viewable from both sides, and a lovely walk-in shower made my mouth drop! I didn't use the exercise room on this occasion, but have used it other times and found it to be excellent. I have never used the pool or hot tub but they have always looked inviting in the past.

The location is approximately 1 km from the south perimeter, so is easily accessible. There is a Shopper's Drug Mart and a Safeway close-by.

I enjoyed immensely. Salmon filet with asparagus, red peppers, and beets tasted and looked amazing! Service at supper was excellent, and always has been in the past.

I had an issue with my room service breakfast. It was the breakfast omelette with 3 toppings instead of 2, at my request, and no toast or potatoes, again at my request. It arrived with an incorrect topping which I did not order. I called front desk and was connected to the kitchen.

I was disappointed that the waitress actually returned to my room, and brought my order sheet to my room, saying that it was MY NOTE that she mistook for a check mark on the item that I did not want. This order sheet was soaked in someone else's coffee since I had not ordered nor received coffee! That alone was a turn-off. I thought the customer was always right!

The second omelette arrived, but this time, the veggies were all 100% raw - never even seen the skillet!!! Apparently my request for cayenne pepper went by the wayside. Oh well!

When I explained this issue to front desk, all I got was, "Oh, they must have been busy in the kitchen." By the way, as I discovered, when a room is booked with breakfast included, that does not include room service. And there is a 15% tip built into room service.

I would stay here again, but would not have breakfast here. Dinner, on the other hand, is exceptionally great!

Room Tip: Corner suite is huge and sunny!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Snow Lake, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were here for a family wedding in the city, and spent 3 nights here. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay. The room was very comfortable and clean, and there was excellent use of space. We never had any issues with noise at all. We were on the second floor. I liked the looks of the bathroom, with colourful baskets for towels - functional and nice-looking. We used the pool and hot tub a few times - the area is nice, clean, and inviting, with comfortable lounge chairs set up. The only thing we didn't like was the supplied hotel shampoo & conditioner in the shower - we loved that they had dispensers set up on the wall, but the brand they used wasn't the greatest. As we typically pack our own anyways, I dug some out and we used them. The beds were very comfortable! We only had one meal in the dining room - the Sunday breakfast buffet - it was very good. All in all, a very good experience, and I will be booking back into here on our next trip to Winnipeg.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jenmc74
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hello Jenmc 74. Thank you for this great review, we are very happy you enjoyed your time with us here at the Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South. It sounds like you managed to use most of the facilities here, which is great. The shampoo and conditioners we have are a brand standard and we must comply with this brand. It's great that you had some of your own stuff to use in the situation and we also have some other product available, should you require some in the future. Hopefully we will see you and your family again next time you are down this way.

Sincerely

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here for a week for business and it was a good stay. When my work first booked me here I was shocked as I remember when this hotel used to be a Holiday Inn Express with a rough looking bar attached to the back. I checked some reviews and felt better after hearing about all of the renovations. The parking lot is quite cramped to move a truck around in and only one side of the lot has plug ins. My only complaint with the front desk staff is when I checked in I asked about the pool and hot tub and the employee told me the hours and that it was on the second floor. When I finished checking in I went to my room dropped off my bags and ran to the hot tub to unwind after a long day of travelling. I am disappointed to find the hot tub out of order and the employee never mentioned this ten minutes beforehand. Rooms are quite nice, renovated recently with nice beds.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your review.
I will start off by saying after a $10,000,000 expansion and full renovation over a 2 year period, it is irrelevant what used to stand here before the award winning Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South opened. As for the cramped parking lot, it is free of charge and so are all the electrical plug ins. The parking spaces are of standard size due to city codes. I do apologize for your inconvenience with the hot tub in-service. The front desk associate did not inform you of the malfunction as it took place only a few minutes before you tired to use the hot tub. We definitely try to keep guests informed of all goings on, on site. I'm glad you enjoyed the top of the line Sealy Four Points comfort beds which are the best in the industry.

Best Regards

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a sort of treat for my son's 6th birthday so he could go swimming and have a visit with my Mom (his grandma) on January 10th 2014.

Check in was very fast and the agent at the desk was super friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable.

We of course decided to go to the pool and my children had a great time there. There is also a nicely equipped fitness facility next to the pool, but we didn't utilize it this time. The pool has a nice seating area with lounging chairs available, and a hot tub.

The only thing I would love to see at this hotel would be a small selection of life jackets in the pool area for younger children. The pool does have a sufficiently shallow end but it would be excellent if there were life jackets so children not 100% confident in their swimming abilities would be able to go a bit further out into the water. The last time we stayed I happened to have my life jackets with me as we were leaving on a trip the next day, but this time I completely forgot. Just would be a great little perk! Does not take away from the experience at this hotel by any means though.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hello Mandy, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you like all the cozy and exotic new foliage we have around the pool and hot tub areas. I have an excellent team of managers and associates and yes they are very friendly and are more than happy to help you, with anything at all, you may need. The life jackets for the children is an excellent idea and we are in the process of replenishing the life jacket supply, that may have exited the building as welcome gifts.

I would enjoy meeting you and your family next time you are back this way

Sincerely