“Better than it used to be”

Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here for a week for business and it was a good stay. When my work first booked me here I was shocked as I remember when this hotel used to be a Holiday Inn Express with a rough looking bar attached to the back. I checked some reviews and felt better after hearing about all of the renovations. The parking lot is quite cramped to move a truck around in and only one side of the lot has plug ins. My only complaint with the front desk staff is when I checked in I asked about the pool and hot tub and the employee told me the hours and that it was on the second floor. When I finished checking in I went to my room dropped off my bags and ran to the hot tub to unwind after a long day of travelling. I am disappointed to find the hot tub out of order and the employee never mentioned this ten minutes beforehand. Rooms are quite nice, renovated recently with nice beds.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your review.
I will start off by saying after a $10,000,000 expansion and full renovation over a 2 year period, it is irrelevant what used to stand here before the award winning Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South opened. As for the cramped parking lot, it is free of charge and so are all the electrical plug ins. The parking spaces are of standard size due to city codes. I do apologize for your inconvenience with the hot tub in-service. The front desk associate did not inform you of the malfunction as it took place only a few minutes before you tired to use the hot tub. We definitely try to keep guests informed of all goings on, on site. I'm glad you enjoyed the top of the line Sealy Four Points comfort beds which are the best in the industry.

Best Regards

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as a sort of treat for my son's 6th birthday so he could go swimming and have a visit with my Mom (his grandma) on January 10th 2014.

Check in was very fast and the agent at the desk was super friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable.

We of course decided to go to the pool and my children had a great time there. There is also a nicely equipped fitness facility next to the pool, but we didn't utilize it this time. The pool has a nice seating area with lounging chairs available, and a hot tub.

The only thing I would love to see at this hotel would be a small selection of life jackets in the pool area for younger children. The pool does have a sufficiently shallow end but it would be excellent if there were life jackets so children not 100% confident in their swimming abilities would be able to go a bit further out into the water. The last time we stayed I happened to have my life jackets with me as we were leaving on a trip the next day, but this time I completely forgot. Just would be a great little perk! Does not take away from the experience at this hotel by any means though.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Hello Mandy, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you like all the cozy and exotic new foliage we have around the pool and hot tub areas. I have an excellent team of managers and associates and yes they are very friendly and are more than happy to help you, with anything at all, you may need. The life jackets for the children is an excellent idea and we are in the process of replenishing the life jacket supply, that may have exited the building as welcome gifts.

I would enjoy meeting you and your family next time you are back this way

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I've been meaning to write a review for this hotel. I travel to Winnipeg once a month on business and I've been staying at this hotel for years. This hotel is a little further south but that only means you are further away from staying downtown...perfect.

The rooms are very clean and nice and the staff is fantastic.

Rates are great too.

I've stayed at several hotels in Winnipeg all over the city. This one is my favorite.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello Dan, glad to hear you have enjoyed staying here with us. We are in the quiet suburbs but only 15 minutes from downtown and the airport, which makes us a great location. Plenty of conveniences are around the hotel as you know, from shopping, to golf and everything in between. I think you said it best, you don't have to stay downtown, but if you work downtown we are close enough. Suburbs also means plenty of free parking!

Hope to see you again real soon

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed here as part of a trip to Churchill as a stop over on the way there and back.
Comfortable hotel with clean large room. Typical chain hotel but its what you want sometimes!
The reception staff were friendly and quick to check us in. On the return we came back on a bus with a large group and the reception staff had prepared all the keys ready to it was relatively easy to get to our room.

Room Tip: Forget the shuttle and walk from the terminal through the car park and its on the right hand side. I...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Hello and thank you for your great review, but we are not an airport location. You must have stayed at the Four Points Winnipeg International airport location. We are the Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South location and are 20 minutes south in the suburbs. Please give us a try if you are in the city again sometime.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for just one night but wished I would've stayed longer! The front desk staff were super helpful, room was beautiful and clean. Didn't get a chance to go to the restaurant area, but it looked wonderful.

Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuliannaMarie

Hi Julianna, thank you for your great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay here so much! We look forward to seeing you next time you are through and to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The front office staff are excellent. Very friendly and efficient!

However, the food in the brunch on Sunday was over cooked and dried out. Expensive. Coffee and tea cold in dispensers. Serving staff very pleasant and polite. Food from the menu is better!

Cleaning staff was at the door twice on Sunday at 10:00 am to do room. Second lady in five minutes looked quite annoyed that I politely told her to come back later. She frowned and said "When?!" Yikes, checkout isn't till 12;00 pm.

Also, cleaning staff didn't replace coffee cups in room on the second day of our stay. We stayed three nights.

Air in room is quite dry and every morning I woke up with what I thought was a cold.

I think management needs to fine tune the details of this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank googled
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and the front office staff, we all really appreciate that.

I see you feel the brunch was over cooked and dried out. It’s actually not a brunch that we have but a breakfast buffet, as there are no lunch items available at this time. I’m not sure I understand this as there are many different items we offer, for the Sunday breakfast buffet; surely you aren’t saying that every item was over cooked? I was present that day and the Chefs were constantly bringing out fresh food throughout the breakfast, so I don’t know how you could feel the food was dry. If you did perhaps come across an item that you felt was dry, the staff would have been more than happy to bring you whatever you wanted immediately, had you asked.

As for the coffee and tea being cold: my Food and Beverage Director remembers you, and the coffee you speak of was not part of the brunch, that is brought around constantly, it was the to-go station. The dispensers we use are of high efficiency and hold their heat for several hours, even though the coffee and tea is brought out fresh and hot constantly, as the food for the buffet is. If you felt the temperature was not up to your standards all you had to do was ask one of the many servers or managers that were on duty that day, and I'm positive they could have helped you out.

Please feel free to drop into my office if you are back this way, or to call me regarding this at anytime

2042757711

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Spent a night here on our drive from Ottawa to Edmonton. It's conveniently located off the highway and has a few eating places in walking distance. The staff were friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Easily the best night sleep we had on the trip! The bed and pillows were very inviting and comfy after many hours in the car. Would stay here again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Hi Tina

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. The Four Points comfort bed is second to none and most say it is like sleeping on a cloud. Many of our guests are on an east and west trip across Canada as well and I'm glad our location suited your plans. We are also only 15 minutes out of downtown and 1 minute from the new Stadium at the U of M, should you ever have the need. Hope to see you again when you are back out this way from Ottawa.