“Great Stay!”

Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed here for just one night but wished I would've stayed longer! The front desk staff were super helpful, room was beautiful and clean. Didn't get a chance to go to the restaurant area, but it looked wonderful.

Can't wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JuliannaMarie
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Hi Julianna, thank you for your great review and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay here so much! We look forward to seeing you next time you are through and to make your next stay even better.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is clean and comfortable. The front office staff are excellent. Very friendly and efficient!

However, the food in the brunch on Sunday was over cooked and dried out. Expensive. Coffee and tea cold in dispensers. Serving staff very pleasant and polite. Food from the menu is better!

Cleaning staff was at the door twice on Sunday at 10:00 am to do room. Second lady in five minutes looked quite annoyed that I politely told her to come back later. She frowned and said "When?!" Yikes, checkout isn't till 12;00 pm.

Also, cleaning staff didn't replace coffee cups in room on the second day of our stay. We stayed three nights.

Air in room is quite dry and every morning I woke up with what I thought was a cold.

I think management needs to fine tune the details of this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank googled
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hello and thank you for your review.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel and the front office staff, we all really appreciate that.

I see you feel the brunch was over cooked and dried out. It’s actually not a brunch that we have but a breakfast buffet, as there are no lunch items available at this time. I’m not sure I understand this as there are many different items we offer, for the Sunday breakfast buffet; surely you aren’t saying that every item was over cooked? I was present that day and the Chefs were constantly bringing out fresh food throughout the breakfast, so I don’t know how you could feel the food was dry. If you did perhaps come across an item that you felt was dry, the staff would have been more than happy to bring you whatever you wanted immediately, had you asked.

As for the coffee and tea being cold: my Food and Beverage Director remembers you, and the coffee you speak of was not part of the brunch, that is brought around constantly, it was the to-go station. The dispensers we use are of high efficiency and hold their heat for several hours, even though the coffee and tea is brought out fresh and hot constantly, as the food for the buffet is. If you felt the temperature was not up to your standards all you had to do was ask one of the many servers or managers that were on duty that day, and I'm positive they could have helped you out.

Please feel free to drop into my office if you are back this way, or to call me regarding this at anytime

2042757711

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Spent a night here on our drive from Ottawa to Edmonton. It's conveniently located off the highway and has a few eating places in walking distance. The staff were friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. Easily the best night sleep we had on the trip! The bed and pillows were very inviting and comfy after many hours in the car. Would stay here again!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Hi Tina

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. The Four Points comfort bed is second to none and most say it is like sleeping on a cloud. Many of our guests are on an east and west trip across Canada as well and I'm glad our location suited your plans. We are also only 15 minutes out of downtown and 1 minute from the new Stadium at the U of M, should you ever have the need. Hope to see you again when you are back out this way from Ottawa.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

For all the hype Sheraton hotels would have you believe, this wasn't worth it. The staff at front desk was more like a robot, we had to wait several minutes for someone to appear. The room was nice but the air conditioner had a mind of it's own. We, like most travellers, like some white noise so we like to leave the fan on to cover others slamming doors, coughing etc. We were told that it's hotel policy to not make that available? You don't get a complimentary breakfast either. Ok fine we like Hamptons much better, your loss.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WayneNHez

To WayneNHez

Hello and thank you for your review.

I wanted to apologize for the front desk agent who was apparently like a robot the day of your check in. Everybody has a bad day once in a while I suppose. As a Starwood hotel, we do take our daily operations very very seriously, and operate with the highest of standards and training.
As far as the air conditioner having a mind of its own. The units we have in our guest rooms are standard Hvac units that you will find in most hotels worldwide. There is a fan setting for your white noise and it makes absolutely no sense that someone would tell you “that it's hotel policy to not make that available”.
To address, your free breakfast expectations. We are a full service, four star hotel and do not offer complimentary breakfast, like Super 8 or Best Western motels do. Complimentary breakfast is available with specific breakfast package rates, or if I buy it for you.

If you are ever back out this way, I would like to buy you breakfast.

Please feel free to call me at any time to discuss

2042757711

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I will preface by saying I always stay at the Hilton group when I can - due to my diamond status. However there was no Hilton group hotel away from the Airport and I didnt want to drive 30 min each way to the company I was visiting. I was pleasantly surprised. The check-in was courteous and quick and my room was nice. Wi Fi was included and the dinner I had bought to my room was good. I also used the gym -which was fine & the pool looked nice. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lillystu

To Lillystu

I read your review on Trip Advisor and I am glad you found us and enjoyed your stay with us. It means a great deal to all of us, when we hear back from satisfied guests. Some call the Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South a hidden gem. It is great you have diamond status with another hotel group but did you know the SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) program is best in the world for 8 years now. It is free to sign up, if you already have not and you can be a Platinum or Gold guest with Starwood in no time. Your SPG points can be redeemed at any Starwood hotel or Resort worldwide.

Hope to see you again soon

General Manger

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My mother rented a hotel for my family to come for a visit to see her in Winnipeg before we left to BC for the remainder of the summer. Having never stayed at this particular hotel and not knowing much about it, she decided to go ahead and try. We were very happy that we did! The rooms are very nicely furnished, and very clean. The lobby is nice and open and the staff were very friendly. The pool area is large and open, and very nice. I especially liked the equipment in the fitness room, it was very well maintained. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hi Mandy

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel, I am so glad you had a great stay. We enjoy very much having guests like you and your family, stay with us. Hopefully we will see you all again soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the first time. Great location if you want to be in close proximity to the new stadium, it is relatively close to St Vital shopping centre, the box stores on Kenaston/McGillivray and IKEA.
Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was clean, had the amenities we wanted and was comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a large walk in shower. The hotel was very quiet, we didn't"t hear hallway noises or the elevator which was located next to our room.
We didn't use the hotel facilities so can't comment on pools, lounge, restaurant but wouldn't hesitate to book here agin based on this experience,

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Drydenite

Hello Drydenite
I received your great review on Trip Advisor and wanted to personally thank you for the nice words. We take pride in making the hotel the best it can be and really appreciate the feedback. It is a great advertising piece you wrote for me and I think I’ll use it sometime! Hope to see you again real soon.

Take care