Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$139
$85
$106
$97
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskvlt loungehot tubroom servicebusiness hotelfitness roombusiness trippleasant stayupon checkgreat sleepexcellent staybeds were very comfortableeasy accessvery nice hotelstarwoodperimeterstadium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip. Rooms were clean and comfortable, but a bit small. Upon check-in the front desk staff informed me they were having problems with their Internet, but it would be fixed shortly. After the problem was "fixed", I still had a problem in my room. After a quick chat with the Front Desk, they got the tech support people to contact me, and the issue was successfully resolved.

I only had an appetizer (which was free after a coupon), but it was very good. Four Points always has good beer on tap, and this was no disappointment.

The front desk staff, especially Alyssa (sp?) was especially helpful in solving the internet problem as well as finding a good place to get a pizza.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello Mike! Glad to hear you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed a Best Brew! I am happy to let you know, that we are in the final stages of install, for a completely new state of the art Wifi system throughout the hotel. This new Wifi system is the very best and is the same kind of equipment you would find in an international airport. Also to address your guest room concern, we do have several room layout types and would be more than happy to get you into a room more suitable for your needs, on your next visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely

Tom Caramanos

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Were in town because we had an early morning appointment. Hotel was very stylish & clean. The room had everything we needed and clear instructions for internet and phone. Only complaint was the curtains weren't room darkening enough for us.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the south side. It was a bit too light in our north side room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We checked into the hotel in the late afternoon amidst a lobby full of kids and parents in town for some sort of sporting event. I thought to myself, ugh, a hotel full of kids running around. I asked the girl at the desk if she could select a room far away from the 'activity' and she assured us we would be in a quiet spot. The lobby looked fresh and nicely decorated, a lounge right there and VLT lounge was also on the main floor. The room was on the fourth floor and at the end of the hall, which was perfect. Inside the room was perhaps a little on the small side, but there was a desk, comfy chair, full closet with ironing board and iron. The bed was super comfy and the pillows were so soft I might consider purchasing some from the Four Points Store (they sell all their bedding and other stuff online). The bathroom was nicely done with a shower stall in place of the tub. It worked well for me, but you might want to inquire about a tub if you prefer one. Although I didnt use the facilities, I did visit the pool and fitness room. The pool was a nice small pool, which I read had salt water. There was a small hot tub in the corner. The fitness room was well equipped with modern equipment. I purchased an in-room movie, and while it was relatively cheap at $4.99, some of the movies were as much as $17.00, those being movies that are either in the theaters or very new. I did think that was a little steep, but I still found a good one for not too much money. I also visited the VLT lounge which was fairly quiet, the main lounge was also quiet on the Saturday, Friday night the house band was playing and they sounded good. All in all, I would recommend this hotel and will definately stay here again. The price was right, it was in the general vicinity of good shopping yet far enough out of the downtown area to avoid the riff-raff that often pops into a hotel unexpectedly. Well done Four Points!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stay at this hotel a lot when I'm in the PEG (at least 2.5 weeks over a years time). I've noticed that some rooms have been completely renovated, and some are only partially done (bathroom not completely done). In general the rooms are ok but I've stayed in better for sure. One thing that bothers me about this hotel is the VLT's on the main floor. They tend to attract strange people wandering through the lobby throughout the day/late evening. These people obviously aren't hotel guests so they shouldn't be allowed to wander back and forth through the 1st floor making actual guests feel unsafe. If the hotel has the need to have VLT's, please have a separate outside entrance without direct access to the hotel area. The complimentary breakfast is not ideal as the voucher is for $10...but nothing on the breakfast menu is under $10, so you still have to pay extra. I too have gotten attitude from "the little man in the back office" at the front desk. He's rude 90% of the times I've dealt with him. What's his problem anyway? I've never complained about anything and have never been rude to him. In any case, the front desk staff always pushes the Star Preferred Membership thing hard...which gets incredibly annoying.

In conclusion, is it mostly clean? Yes. Is it mostly comfortable? Yes. Is it a 5 out of 5 star reviewed hotel? No. With my extensive stay experience here I can comfortably rate this hotel a 3.5 out of 5.

• Stayed: November 2012
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I’m not sure what kind of hotel you are used to staying at, but The Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South is an award winning property for its outstanding décor and finishes. The Four Points Winnipeg South was the prototype Four Points worldwide, for all new materials and finishes in 2010. The hotel was expanded and fully renovated from the ground up in 2010 with absolutely nothing overlooked. The guest washrooms you speak of have been fully renovated from top to bottom and the only original piece in 10 of the rooms is the bathtubs, due to their new condition. I can assure you every aspect of this hotel is brand new, including the dining room, the two lounges, all common areas, the pool, hot tub, fitness area, the grand ballrooms and every guestroom.

The VLT’s or (Video Lottery Terminals) are located in every hotel and lounge in Manitoba and we are no different. A hotel is not restricted to room guests only and we do have many business people and neighbors that come through the hotel on a daily basis, as is the case for every hotel. We cannot set a separate entrance for the VLT lounge for security reasons.

As to the complimentary breakfast, the only item on the breakfast menu that is over $10 dollars is the Steak and Eggs, which has been removed to make things easier to understand.

My door is always open, and I would personally like to take you on a full tour of the hotel if you are ever in the area.

Sincerely
Tom Caramanos

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed on a business trip to frigid Winnipeg. A decent hotel with good breakfast. Well appointed room and very clean bathroom - the only problem was that the faucet for the shower was right under the shower and one had to have cold water sprayed all over before getting the temperature right - wonder why plumbers don't think of how people will shower! Free WiFi makes a world of difference these days.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business