“An outstanding choice”

Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Fargo, ND
“An outstanding choice”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend and were completely satisfied with the property. It's clean and well appointed. A bit out of the city center but we were happy with its location for our purposes.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you very much for this great review. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and our nice quiet suburb location, here in the south of the city. Please drop me a line next time you're out this way, as I would like to meet you and offer you a nice upgraded room, as your review has made my day.

Thanks again

Tom Caramanos
Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tiny, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights while visiting friends in Winnipeg. After weeks on the road crossing Canada, this hotel stood out from the rest of the places we have stayed. One thing in particular was the service but we especially appreciated the comfortably warm salt water pool and hot tub. The hotel was clean, the people friendly and offered great service at great value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CorrieChristiaan
Vancouver
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Above and beyond customer service by the front desk employee(s), very pleasant and a pleasure to be greated by each time I've stayed here. Furthermore, all staff members from the front desk to the lounge to the restaurant, are just amazing and make you feel welcome, very friendly service.
Never an issue with Wi-Fi, beds, or noise. Most of all, the location is close to multiple restaurants, grocery shopping right across the street and ~15 minutes from Downtown.
I def, recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CheemaK
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Relative to competitor hotels, this hotel is an excellent value. There is a large pool area suitable for entertaining visitors and/or other hotel guests also. Rooms are adequate size and have quality beds and bedding.Restaurant, Lounge, Bar, Video Lottery, and WiFi to entertain you. Friendly Staff, and Free Parking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Harvey-Priscilla
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel one night in May 2010. Our room was quiet and clean, but had no fridge or microwave. Parking is free and there are fast food places nearby.
This hotel is a good ways from the city center, but if you have a vehicle it may be worth the drive out. Beware that parking in the downtown area of Winnipeg is not cheap and may not be secure.
We would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank annepaul33
Winnipeg
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I don't generally provide reviews of all the hotels I have stayed at but a previous reviewer asked "why all the praise" for this property and it has prompted me to take the time to do so.

I have stayed at Four Points By Sheraton Winnipeg South myself and always have out of town family and business colleagues stay here. In every single case the first thing they all comment on is how beautiful the hotel is and how it was the most comfortable bed they have ever stayed in. And it's true.

I can attest that this is a completely new construction. I've never had issues with the Wi-Fi or noise. In fact it's a very quiet hotel in my opinion and provides a very peaceful rest. The main lounge which is open to the lobby is a great way to unwind and enjoy a drink or food (which is also great - one of my recent business associates stayed here from Phoenix and commented that it was amongst the best meal he's ever had and he travels all over the world). There is also a second lounge with gaming machines, it's own bar and big screen TV's. The staff in the lounges are always polite and enjoy a good conversation if that's what you want.

My favourite part of the hotel is the pool area which has a very adult feel to it though kids will certainly love it with it's fresh colour scheme and large windows that bring in natural light. The hot tub is great too.

The most impressive aspect of this hotel might just be the staff. Like previous reviewers have stated, they always seem to go above and beyond when needed. I've met the General Manager Tom several times and he is always around and available to his guests (in fact his office door is open most of the time I've walked by and he has personally introduced himself to many of my family and guests that have stayed there). Someone else stated that Phil even went home to retrieve cuff links to lend to him and I am not surprised. Phil will always answer your questions and make suggestions to help make your stay in Winnipeg even better.

I have attended two weddings at this hotel in the past two years and their banquet facility is first rate and the service is phenomenal. My friend's parents attended a Corporate Christmas party at the same location and raved about the staff and food.

I know some people have commented on the location but for me personally, it has always worked, even when I have brought in business associates who have flown in through the Airport as the hotel is situated in such a way as to only be about a 15 minute drive. It's also two minutes from the University of Manitoba (for visiting parents of students, or those attending seminars and functions on campus) including the under-construction brand new Stadium (any of you coming to Winnipeg for Blue Bomber football games or concerts will want to stay here for sure). It's about 15 minutes from downtown and mere seconds from the perimeter highway which allows you to be 20 minutes at most to everywhere else in Winnipeg. It's also the first nice hotel you come across when driving up from the U.S. (you travellers from the Dakotas or Minnesota will want to stay here as its right on the highway - when its time to check out, you're on your way home immediately). Most of all, the location affords quiet and convenience to multiple restaurants, grocery shopping right across the street and every retail outlet you need within a couple minute drive.

Quite honestly, this hotel is very deserving of the praise. There are many average hotels in Winnipeg if that's what you want. But if you want the most comfortable sleep of your life in a brand new hotel with awesome staff, this is the place for you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank andrewofpcw
Farnham, UK
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a refurbished and extended old Holiday Inn. The check in was fast and courteous but I'm not sure why people have praised this hotel so much. The heater/air con unit in the room was very noisey and we had to switch it off during the night because of that. The room was ok with a nice modern bathroom but the bed wasn't that comfortable and the room was fairly small. Breakfast was not very good - no buffet and so everything a la carte. Wrong food came out the first day and we had to keep asking for things both mornings. Service OK but as we were the only ones there at the time you would expect that. The restaurant was quite cold though. WiFi was very intermittant and the complimentary PC in the bar didn't work. We came back from a day out in the late evening and there was a live group playing in the bar - it was so loud (you could hear it from outside the hotel building) that we decided just to head back to the room as you couldn't hear yourself speak. Whilst the staff were all quite courteous, I would not hold that a big plus as most hotels in Canada have good staff I've found. Overall an average hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cham3b
Tom C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
To Cham 3b
The praise received by this hotel is well deserved as we are an award winning Starwood property with amazing courteous friendly associates. The Four Points Winnipeg South has many outstanding reviews on trip advisor and ranks #5 in the city among 58 hotels.

For starters I can assure you that 80% of this building is brand new construction from the ground up. The noisy heater air conditioning unit you speak of, is also brand new. I understand some of our guests have their own preferences of temperature and we also recognize there are some very light sleepers, so we have gone to the expense of individual units per guest room, to provide the convenience of personal preference and settings, including off.

I noticed in your review you stated that your check in was fast and courteous, yet you scored us low in that category.

The World renowned Four Points comfort bed is the top of the line Sealy Posturepedic bed set. I’m not sure what kind of beds are preferred in the UK, but I do challenge anyone to show me a better bed set in North America.

The Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg South is a smaller hotel and a buffet is not economically feasible for us to provide. We are also a green ecologically friendly property and have discontinued our buffets due to the waste created, being a smaller property.

You did not request assistance in any of your areas of dissatisfaction during your stay. We cannot help rectify problems if we do not know about them. I am on site most of the time and would be more than happy to personally help you with any difficulties faced with the technological aspects of the hotel. There are also several computer savvy associates on property that can help as well, in my absence. The lounge computers in the work station are state of the art and we do have full free Wifi coverage throughout the building, all the equipment is brand new.

On first read of your review I believed you were at a different property, but we do have free live entertainment every Friday, provided by Luke and Murray, our two piece house band. We do have two lounges a large dining and private dining room area, a comfortable lobby area and even a very comfortable pool lounging area as well, for those wishing to avoid the free entertainment provided, or the noise associated with that music in the main lounge.

Thank you for your review. Please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Sincerely