I am from Winnipeg so I can compare this hotel to others in the city. We booked this hotel to stay for a weekend with our children along with another couple. I had stayed in this hotel several years ago and I can say that it has aged considerably and the owners have not invested in any upgrades.
We stayed in a childrens theme suite and I found it to be cramped with old carpeting. The air conditioning was inadequate and the room was hot and stuffy.
The pool was dirty and the hot tub was filthy to the point where I refused to allow my children to enter it.
The ball jungle gym was nice and the children had lots of fun playing inside.
The free breakfast was good.
There are better hotels to stay in in Winnipeg that have been upgraded or are new and have theme rooms and water slides for the children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Completely Renovated Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport West hotel is located 3 miles (5 km) east of Winnipeg By-Pass Hwy #101 on Trans Canada Hwy #1, 2520 Portage Avenue. We have just completed a brand new makeover with a new look and feel to our 194 guest rooms, 16 Junior Suites and 18 one-bedroom suites including 2 suites which feature a Jetted tub. All guest accommodations feature in-room Keurig coffee makers, fridge, microwave, 37" Flat Screen TV's, cable TV with redesigned working desk area complete with computer access & 2 2-line phones. Wireless high-speed Internet. Open concept Licensed restaurant & lounge complete with 9 big screen TV's. Same day valet laundry service (Mon-Fri) plus coin operated washer/dryer facilities. Complimentary 24 hour transportation to/from Airport & Polo Park Shopping Centre. Free underground heated parking as well as surface parking. Business centre located in the main lobby. Meeting & function space available for groups of 2 - 350 persons. Our hotel is within driving distance to the Assiniboia Downs Race Track, Assiniboine Park & Zoo, Club Regent & McPhillips Casinos, Centennial Concert Hall, Forks Market, Manitoba Museum, MTS Centre, Western Canada Aviation Museum, Winnipeg Legislative Grounds & The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Stadium (all a must see when visiting Winnipeg). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West Manitoba