Have stayed here several times in the last 7 years, mainly for convenience as it is close to family and because of the kids' play area.
Hotel is average looking. Breakfast buffet is below average, but not overpriced. We often miss breakfast because of early flight departures and room service is not 24/7
Housekeeping keeps it as clean as possible, considering the hotel is showing it's age. A tip goes a long way.
Front desk personnel are hit or miss. Some are really new and it shows. We were given a room that was occupied, luckily just by suitcases and not nude patrons. They were totally confused at the front desk when we went back for another room and could not offer an explanation.
Airport shuttle is reliable.
I would recommend it for families because the play area near the pool is fun, even as my child gets older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Completely Renovated Holiday Inn Winnipeg Airport West hotel is located 3 miles (5 km) east of Winnipeg By-Pass Hwy #101 on Trans Canada Hwy #1, 2520 Portage Avenue. We have just completed a brand new makeover with a new look and feel to our 194 guest rooms, 16 Junior Suites and 18 one-bedroom suites including 2 suites which feature a Jetted tub. All guest accommodations feature in-room Keurig coffee makers, fridge, microwave, 37" Flat Screen TV's, cable TV with redesigned working desk area complete with computer access & 2 2-line phones. Wireless high-speed Internet. Open concept Licensed restaurant & lounge complete with 9 big screen TV's. Same day valet laundry service (Mon-Fri) plus coin operated washer/dryer facilities. Complimentary 24 hour transportation to/from Airport & Polo Park Shopping Centre. Free underground heated parking as well as surface parking. Business centre located in the main lobby. Meeting & function space available for groups of 2 - 350 persons. Our hotel is within driving distance to the Assiniboia Downs Race Track, Assiniboine Park & Zoo, Club Regent & McPhillips Casinos, Centennial Concert Hall, Forks Market, Manitoba Museum, MTS Centre, Western Canada Aviation Museum, Winnipeg Legislative Grounds & The Winnipeg Blue Bombers Football Stadium (all a must see when visiting Winnipeg). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West Hotel Winnipeg
- Winnipeg Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West Manitoba