“A very very pleasant surprise.”

Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West
Ranked #30 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Burien, Washington
“A very very pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I had these British Airways miles that I could not use for any flights. So, I used them to book this hotel.

I expected to have all kinds of surcharges including taxes, wifi, and parking, etc. What a surprise. I was checked in by a very pleasant lady. She was careful to give me the wifi code. Then the pleasant surprise, no extra charges. Wow. Last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn, I was charged for wifi and some other weird charge.

Yes, this is not the most modern hotel. But it is well maintained and very clean. Very decent restaurant. I was very pleased.

Incidentally, once you get your room key, go to the garage in the basement. Car is more protected, and easier to get luggage to the elevator than through the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Angeles,
Who doesn't like surprises? I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with a level of service you did not expect to find with Holiday Inn.
Our team works tirelessly to ensure all of our guests are welcomed, pampered and treated with the respect they deserve. It is always a pleasure when I can share comments such as yours as they know their efforts are appreciated.
Thank you again for choosing our Holiday Inn and we look forward to your return visit.
Bruce MacKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Room was clean and staff friendly. Could use some updating - however I've read they will be doing this in the fall. Only thing I found odd is their "security policy" - they want access to room every 24hrs. Never stayed in a hotel with a policy like this. Somewhat seems like an invasion of my privacy. Not a deal breaker but very odd.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank BobbyMcBobberton
Dear BobbyMcBobberton,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your most recent stay while in Winnipeg. I really appreciate your candid remarks and yes, we will be commencing with our renovations this fall. Our Do Not Disturb policy is one that is shared by a number of hotels and it is truly for the well being, safety and security of our guests.
Thank you again for your comments and we truly look forward to your return visit.
Richmond, BC,
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This location offers some great advantages:

1. Free convenient parking
2. An on site bar & restaurant
3. Easy access to almost everywhere in the city
4. An indoor pool and amusement area for the kids

The location is not downtown but close enough so getting there is not a hassle. The staff seem to genuinely care, which makes up greatly for the fact that this is an older property. And it is also close to a few other eating establishments in case you want to gets out of the hotel for different food.

I use this location for business when I come to Winnipeg. You won't be disappointed if you give it a try.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank marathonguy
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Marathonguy,
I apologize for the delay in responding to your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to offer such a precise critique of our property.
It is always a pleasure to be able to share comments such as yours. The team really get excited when they see that their efforts are recognized. For that I thank you.
Thank you again for your busienss, your comments and we look forward to your return visit.
Alberta
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was there two weeks ago place is very clean well maintained service 5 star food is also amazing and the amount you get in their restaurant.

Very nice rooms great beds and decor they have fish tanks in elevators so cool .
They have great conference rooms water park and play area inside for kids its amazing my grandkids had a blast.

This is a must do hotel food and bus taxis free shuttle from hotel to local areas to saved us a lot of $.

You need to see the a place called the Forks amazing museum's and markets etc
The mall closes early at 6 on Saturdays for all you fellow shoppers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Rudkin37,
I cannot thank you enough for the amazing review of your total visit to winnipeg. I am thrilled we could be a part of your trip. Our team is extremely grateful for your kind words as it is always nice seeing what is said as opposed to hearing it.
Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home and we look forward to your return visit.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The location was perfect for us. We rented a suite to accommodate family.
Negatives: The furniture was very dated and worn. Very bad fake flower arrangements on the tables. Small windows that made the space dark. Bed linens were on their last legs. Torn screen with cigarette ashes in the window ledges. We were in a nonsmoking room.
Positives: Large space for our group. Full kitchen with fridge, stove and microwave. Amazing housekeeper. Quiet. Very clean with lots of coffee and tea.
We felt the price was a bit high for the condition of the room. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Having the extra room and kitchen in the suites was well worth it. There is a drugstore accross the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear mac7777,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We recognize too the need to update our product and I am pleased to tell you we will be starting on a complete renovation of all 226 guestrooms, banquet space, restaurant, lounge and lobby this fall. I know you will be blown away with the changes we will be maiking.
Your business is important to us and I am pleased to know that you plan on returning next time you are in Winnipeg.
General manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Spent five days this past week at the Holiday Inn Airport West. The staff was VERY attentive and helpful, especially Angela at the front desk. We had a glitch with our air conditioning which they fixed right away and we were even compensated with a free meal at their hotel restaurant. We were able to be upgraded to a suite and they were generous enough to discount that rate for us also since we were in town for a funeral with two small children.

Other pros:
- kids eat free in the restaurant with a paying adult
- the play area and pool kept my kids entertained for hours!
- they have young staff who actually PLAY inside the play structure with your kids and chase them around so you can sit on the comfortable couches and relax.
- laundry facilities on site for use
- the staff was super accommodating when one of my kids was ill and brought us new sheets and towels in the wee hours of the morning without complaint and offered to bring anything else we needed
- the washrooms have Bath and Body Works products!! Love them.
- central location for the west end of the city and there is a Boston Pizza across the street that delivers!
- they have a 4.5 ft deep pool with a slide, a paddling pool for tiny ones, and a hot tub for the adults. With the exception of Saturday and Sunday morning, it was VERY quiet and we had the area all to ourselves.
- there are aquariums in the elevators, so even my little ones thought that was a treat.

For our next trip to Winnipeg will be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor since all rooms on the second floor hear the noise from the pool are...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsjennings05
Dear mrsjennings05,
I cannot thank you enough for the indepth review you have provided on your most recent stay with us. I am very pleased that your family was happy with the suite as we truly try our best to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and look forward to coming back. Travel can be stressful enough but when attending a funeral adds another dimension. I am glad we could make that a little easier for you.
Your detailed comments are ones that are always fun to share.
Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here for a couple nights in a frigid December. The staff was friendly and courteous, and you can't beat free airport transportation in Winnipeg in December. The property was clean but dated and the rooms are in need of an update. I was on the top floor and the sliding glass doors seem to have 3 to 4 inches of ice on the inside. The outside wall area was drafty, but fine as long as you kept the curtains closed. Based on the cleanliness of the property and friendly staff, I would stay here again if the need arose for me to travel to Winnipeg. I would consider this property as a typical 70's Holiday Inn experience, clean but dated.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
jbmcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg - Airport West, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Roger P,
Thank you so much for your candid comments from your most recent stay with us. It is laways a pleasure to share comments such as yours with our housekeeping team.
I am happy to share with you that we are finalizing a very significant renovation at our property. This will address all areas of the hotel from the top to bottom. We are really looking forward to it.
Thank you again for your comments, your business and we look forward to your return visit.